controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it.

Discus and support controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fazegarlic, Dec 2, 2023.

1. fazegarlic
    fazegarlic Guest

I’m experiencing a controller-console issue. my controller has had stickdrift over the past week or so and i decided to try and fix it. without any tools i used simple methods like gently hitting the back and other things to fix my issue. this only made it worse. the next day i turn on my xbox and my controller does absolutely nothing. it can be used to turn the xbox on, but once it is on the controller cannot move, select anything, or even turn the xbox off. i’ve looked up methods to try and fix this and people said just re-sync the remote, but my sync button on my xbox is broken. i also cannot plug it in in order to sync it because the usb’s have been iffy for a while, and have come to the point where they wont let it connect. i’ve tried connected others but that doesn’t work either. is there any workaround to this, or is it time to upgrade to next gen?

:)

fazegarlic, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Reegan_T Win User

3. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

0Hello Fazegarlic, My name is Jose, and I am an independent advisor. It's a pleasure to assist you.

If you are experiencing "stick drift" issues with your controller and want to address it without voiding the warranty, here are some suggestions you could try:

Controller Calibration:

In your console settings, look for the controller calibration option. This can help adjust sensors and correct unwanted drifting issues.
    Joystick Cleaning:

Turn off the console and disconnect the controller.
    Carefully use compressed air to clean around the joystick and beneath the rubber protector.
    If possible, remove the joystick and clean it carefully.
    Firmware Update:

Ensure that your controller has the latest firmware. Check the manufacturer's website or firmware update options on your console.
    Sensitivity Adjustment:

Some games and consoles allow you to adjust joystick sensitivity. Experiment with these settings to minimize "stick drift."

Contact Technical Support:

If issues persist and your controller is within the warranty period, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's or console's technical support. They may provide additional solutions or replace the controller if necessary.
    It's important to note that opening the controller on your own could void the warranty, so if you're not comfortable with more advanced repairs, it's best to seek assistance from official technical support. I hope you find a solution to fully enjoy your gaming experience!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  4. fazegarlic Win User

thank you for your help. this morning i went to go check on the console and controller and magically, the controller worked again… sorta. now it can move and actually function but i still have stickdrift that’s too bad for me to really use it. any tips? is there any efficient way to get rid of it without voiding my warranty?
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Fazegarlic, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Xbox controller. Given the circumstances you've described, here are a few suggestions you can try as potential workarounds:

1. If you have access to another Xbox controller, try using it to see if the problem persists. This will help determine if the issue is specific to the controller or if it's related to the Xbox console itself.

2. On the back of the controller, you'll find a small pinhole reset button. Use a paperclip or a similar object to press and hold the button for a few seconds. This will initiate a reset of the controller, which may help resolve any software or connectivity issues.

3. If possible, connect the controller to your Xbox console using a USB cable. This will allow you to update the controller's firmware, which can sometimes address performance or connectivity problems. However, if your USB ports are not functioning properly, this may not be an option.

Regarding the broken sync button and the USB ports, if you're unable to establish a connection or perform a sync due to hardware issues, it might be time to consider repairing or upgrading your Xbox console.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello Fazegarlic, My name is Jose, and I am an independent advisor. It's a pleasure to assist you.

If you are experiencing "stick drift" issues with your controller and want to address it without voiding the warranty, here are some suggestions you could try:

Controller Calibration:

In your console settings, look for the controller calibration option. This can help adjust sensors and correct unwanted drifting issues.
    Joystick Cleaning:

Turn off the console and disconnect the controller.
    Carefully use compressed air to clean around the joystick and beneath the rubber protector.
    If possible, remove the joystick and clean it carefully.
    Firmware Update:

Ensure that your controller has the latest firmware. Check the manufacturer's website or firmware update options on your console.
    Sensitivity Adjustment:

Some games and consoles allow you to adjust joystick sensitivity. Experiment with these settings to minimize "stick drift."
    Contact Technical Support:

If issues persist and your controller is within the warranty period, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's or console's technical support. They may provide additional solutions or replace the controller if necessary.
    It's important to note that opening the controller on your own could void the warranty, so if you're not comfortable with more advanced repairs, it's best to seek assistance from official technical support. I hope you find a solution to fully enjoy your gaming experience!

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
Thema:

1. controller connected but wont work, cannot even re-sync it. - Similar Threads - controller connected wont

2. Why wont my xbox controller connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller connect?: So ive been using my usb c xbox controller for 2 years now and last night it just stopped working, It connects every now and again but when it does connect it immediately disconnects. Is there any...
  3. Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont connect to tv or controller after factory reset: Alright so, yesterday i decided to download a game (specifically modern warfare 2019) and the speed was fine around 200/mpbs after around 30 mins it slowed down to 20/mpbs so i decided to restart...
  4. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  5. My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller wont connect to my console..tried 4 controllers and 3 USB c cables too: My controller wont connect to my console and I tried 4 controllers and also 3 USB c leads 899c0d9f-c7fc-45bf-855b-81b909a510a9
  6. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  7. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  8. Controller - console wont connect!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller - console wont connect!: Hello from a super noob! A friend recently lent me his xbox one original (the one that has the bluetooth thing on the bottom next to a usb slot) without the controller (he lost it, hasnt used for...
  9. Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect: my xbox elite controller series 2 disconnected, is blinking and will not reconnext to my xbox series x, ive tried rebooting and all the usual troubleshooting.. the controller and xbox are about a...
  10. My xbox controller is plugged in but wont connect to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller is plugged in but wont connect to pc: Im trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc, I have it plugged into the usb port. it will not connect, i have tried plugging it into different spots, downloading xbox accesories and...