Controller configuration not working correctly with certain PC games

Discus and support Controller configuration not working correctly with certain PC games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello I'm currently running into an issue where on my PC with my Xbox controller. I first want to state that I am using the latest version of Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mason Nickovich, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Controller configuration not working correctly with certain PC games

Hello I'm currently running into an issue where on my PC with my Xbox controller. I first want to state that I am using the latest version of Windows 11 if that helps with any support and also running the latest driver on my Xbox controller so were all up to date. The problem that I am running into on my pc is that when I try to play games on Ubisoft Connect (such as Far Cry 4) and on Epic Games(such as Dying light 1), my Xbox controller configuration doesn't work properly on these games. The main issue on these games is that lets say Dying light for example, my crouch and jump button do the exact same thing,(character crouches but proceeds to jump at the same time). Same issue with Far Cry 4! Been troubleshooting what I can but can't seem to find a fix for this issue. The games still consider my controller to be mouse and keyboard. We've tried a full reinstall of the game, changed keybindings to see if it would switch the controller configuration, changed the configuration on the Xbox accessories app, and also ran the epic games launcher through steam. None of these troubleshooting activities did anything and I can not seem to figure this one out. I am reaching out to this community to see if someone has had a similar issue and could help me fix it or and Microsoft tech support could help me on this! Thank you and look forward to hearing from this community!

:)

Mason Nickovich, Oct 8, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Mason Nickovich

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Mason Nickovich

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your Xbox Controller. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

Based on the information you have provided; it seems that the games are not recognizing your Xbox controller as a gamepad and are treating it as a keyboard and mouse. This can happen due to various reasons, such as outdated drivers, incorrect game settings, or compatibility issues.

Find possible options within this issue of yours. I recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Update your Xbox controller drivers:

• Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your Xbox controller. You can download the latest drivers from the Microsoft website.

2. Check game settings:

• Check the game settings to ensure that the controller is selected as the input device. You can usually find this option in the game's settings menu under "Controls" or "Input."

3. Disable keyboard and mouse:

• Some games have an option to disable keyboard and mouse input. Check the game settings to see if this option is available and enable it.

4. Check for compatibility issues:

• Some games may have compatibility issues with certain controllers. Check the game's website or forums to see if there are any known issues with your controller.

In addition, you can try to check on this support articles for any further information to troubleshoot or perhaps see other options that you may do on your controller:

Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to a Windows Device

Update your Xbox Wireless Controller

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Windows 10 XBOX App Sign-in Button Not Working

After I send you the Inbound and the network configuration, and the control still doesn't work, it means that something of the network configuration was not done correctly
  5. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Xbox One Recon 70 Gaming Headset Has Static

check the configuration of the control if it is well adjusted, if it is checked that your control is updated and finally check that your control is still working correctly
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Upload Speed unavailable

I notice you're using a VPN router (ER605), which is a symmetric NAT. This can cause issues with certain types of network usage such as online gaming. There may be a certain configuration which allows this to work correctly, but you'd have to get in touch with TP-Link or Spectrum to look into this further.
Thema:

1. Controller configuration not working correctly with certain PC games - Similar Threads - Controller configuration working

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  6. Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app: Everytime I try to configure it the app tells me to download the Xbox app which I have then it says to get identity provider which if I click the get button there no way to download it on the...
  7. Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X: What is the correct way/strategy to configure multiple controllers on the Xbox Series X? I've connected 4 controllers and they all work but they work as one. When I play a multiplayer game...
  8. XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Configurations won´t work without the Controller...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Configurations won´t work without the Controller...: XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Controller Elite 2 Win 11 Pro-22621.2134 the additional keyboard option is functioning with the usb linked to the controller without problems this far for...
  9. Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help : Bought Xbox X with 2 controllers but it’s only showing 1 slot in configuration.: I have created different gamertags and assigned them to each controller, still can’t play together in any game. The only option it’s showing is Co-pilot which we don’t want to do, we want to play...
  10. I cant configure my wireless xbox controller on xbox accessories app, How do I turn off...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant configure my wireless xbox controller on xbox accessories app, How do I turn off...: This is how it shows, I cant click on configure and it says “controller is connected to blue tooth, connect with usb to configure it”. I want to turn off my controller vibrations on my xbox X/s...