Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall

Discus and support Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to start the game this evening (with all DLC and the Xbox Series X version also readied on my console [the original Xbox One]), it wouldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by METaNOiiC, Oct 28, 2020.

1. METaNOiiC
    METaNOiiC Guest

When trying to start the game this evening (with all DLC and the Xbox Series X version also readied on my console [the original Xbox One]), it wouldn't start; the screen would go black and I would be booted back to the home screen. This was not happening
    a few days prior and I was able to play yet now I can't.

I tried removing local save data and doing a hard reset of the console and the game would not start. Then, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling yet now whenever I start the game install it just says "installation stopped". This does not occur for any other
    game I try installing other games or updating other games.

As well as this, I have checked my order history and the game is confirmed as a purchase.

Anyone have any answers?

:)

METaNOiiC, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

When I cancel my gold can I buy ultimate game pass expedite?

It doesn't really matter either way. You wouldn't even have to cancel Gold to get Ultimate. Once you add Ultimate, it'll cancel the Gold you currently have and convert it to Ultimate as well so you won't lose any of your remaining Gold time and can go ahead and start Ultimate. You won't be paying twice.
  3. Smwutches Win User

if i buy and disc xbox game i already have on digital, will i keep my same data on the disc?

You can just buy the DLC from the store. That won't turn it into the Ultimate edition though. The only way for it to be the Ultimate Edition is to buy the Ultimate edition.
  4. Shibassa Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting to Xbox Wireless Adapter for win10

I've reset the PC a number of times after plugging my controller via usb cable after removing drivers and it still never worked. Though, I can't say for sure whether I left the controller plugged in on start up if that was the catalyst to fix it.

Can anyone else confirm if this is a fix?

Edit: As of now the only fix seems to be reinstalling win 10.

edit 2: a clean reinstall, not a restore backup.
  5. Jane25 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Screen won´t load

I have the same issue. Game keeps returning to dashboard. Bought ultimare edition download code from microsoft. Have undertaken a cold start, uninstalled and reinstalled. Even bought a new external hard drive and reinstalled but still crashing. Paid £89
    for ultimate edition, unplayable. Any ideas welcomed.
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Control: Ultimate Edition for Series X won't start a game

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Dezign, let's test some procedures

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

Press the Xbox button > System > Restart console > Restart

After the console turns on again, hold the console's Xbox button (X- or start button) for approximately 10 seconds, the console will restart again.

Configuration>Network>Advanced Settings>DNS Settings>Manual>Primary 1.1.1.1 and Secondary 1.0.0.1

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

After all the processes, tell me the result please
Thema:

1. Control: Ultimate Edition wouldn't start, now it won't reinstall - Similar Threads - Control Ultimate Edition

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  7. Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dual controllers on cloud gaming, xbox ultimate game pass.: I bought an Xbox ultimate game pass, to play on my samsung TV, without the console. And I bought two xbox controllers with it. But when I try to play games like fifa and MK 11, it shows that the...
  8. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b
  9. Control Ultimate Edition Crashes

in XboX Insiders
    Control Ultimate Edition Crashes: I bought recently control ultimate edition for the Xbox Series X, when I play the game on performance mode I have zero problens so far... But when playing on grafics mode (ray tracing, etc...) the...
  10. I'm playing game pass ultimate on my samsung 2022 smart tv with an esm 9124 controller. I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm playing game pass ultimate on my samsung 2022 smart tv with an esm 9124 controller. I...: I'm playing game pass ultimate on my samsung 2022 smart tv with an esm 9124 controller. I can't find how to save my game progress. Need help. 0fe3b65d-84ea-4985-9e8c-be47be7c8122