Control audio through connected keyboard

Discus and support Control audio through connected keyboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve hooked up an ir extension to control my Sonos speakers through my xbox one x and was curious if there is a way to control the volume through a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Domshai11, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Domshai11
    Domshai11 Guest

I’ve hooked up an ir extension to control my Sonos speakers through my xbox one x and was curious if there is a way to control the volume through a connected keyboard. Controlling audio through the xbox app works fine, but the mute/volume up & down buttons
    on my usb connected keyboard do nothing. Curious if I’m unaware of a keyboard shortcut or if this is even possible.

Thanks!

:)

Domshai11, Dec 5, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

If a device is not specifically labled as working with Xbox, it will not. In the case of a keyboard/mouse, only basic features are supported. An Xbox is not a PC
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

3,5mm Jack not working on Xbox One S Controller through Bluetooth

the controllers only support audio through wired connection, bluetooth audio is not supported on any xbox controller.
  4. mc365 Win User

Stereo Headsets

There is no stereo headset for the 360 that only connects to the controller.

The 360 controller only provides chat audio, there is no game audio transmitted through the 360 controller.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X controller on a Samsung TV?

I believe that Xbox controllers only transmit and receive audio through the Xbox wireless signal and not via Bluetooth. If using Bluetooth to connect the controller, you need to use a different method for audio. Wired controllers and controllers connected with the Microsoft wireless dongle can use the headphone jack for audio.
  6. So Bones Win User

Xbox One S - Wireless Headset Party Chat Issues

Alright everyone, I figured out the issue. It didn't have anything to do with my headset or Xbox. Piece of advice, when troubleshooting a specific accessory, make sure to unplug all other accessories because they might be the issue.

The problem and solution: I have a third party keyboard/keypad attachment for my controller (look up "2.4G White Wireless Message Chatpad Keyboard KeyPad for Xbox One S Controller" on Amazon and you'll find the exact one I have and a photo can be found below).
    This specific keyboard attachment has a 3.5mm audio jack that rotates 90 degrees up and down that is meant to plug into your controller. When you have this keyboard attached and are using a WIRED headset, you need the audio jack flipped up so it plugs into
    your controller and your WIRED headset then plugs directly into the bottom of this keyboard. But if you have this keyboard and are using a WIRELESS headset, make sure that the 3.5mm audio jack is flipped DOWN so it is NOT plugged into your controller. Otherwise,
    your controller will assume you are using a WIRED headset and only sends audio signals through that audio jack on the controller and not to your WIRELESS headset.

[​IMG]

Hopefully anyone else suffering from this issue can find this solution helpful as I did.
Thema:

1. Control audio through connected keyboard - Similar Threads - Control audio through

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Xbox One Controller not Playing Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller not Playing Audio: Recently I got an error message while playing a game saying my xbox controller was disconnected and I needed to reconnect it to play, which I did. However, since I reconnected it my headset is not...
  4. No audio from Xbox Elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio from Xbox Elite controller: I was using my Xbox Elite playing a game and using the audio from the controller on my Windows 11 computer. I alt tabbed to lower the volume with the slider and now I have no audio at all from the...
  5. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  6. Sending Audio through Xbox Controller 3.5 port.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sending Audio through Xbox Controller 3.5 port.: Hello, I am trying to send audio through my xbox one x controller wirelessly on Windows 11, When I connect it with a wire I can get audio to come through it. When I unplug it I cannot get audio to...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  8. Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...: I see that it can connect via blue tooth to have the audio transfered from the TV to the Bluetooth headset, but what if you are not using Bluetooth. How does one get the audio to play by plugging...
  9. No audio through series S controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    No audio through series S controller headset: I can’t get any audio at all through my headset for my series S controller. The audio works when I use the headset with a different controller and it also comes through the tv speakers fine....
  10. Audio always goes out through the control and through HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio always goes out through the control and through HDMI: Please I have a headset ( tritton katana HD ) This headset receives 7.1 audio via HDMI and sends over wi-fi. The problem is that it does not matter which setting I select (and I have the new...