[Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

Discus and support [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Gehrlein, Jan 7, 2024.

1. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...put-from/654cd5d1-17ed-4086-b7f1-9f46091bfb77

Apologies for not responding sooner. My issue is not resolved but I do have updates.

To answer some questions:

1. I cannot find the manufacturer of my controller unfortunately.

2. The controller fails both with Microsoft's game controller driver, and also with the third party drivers I am using. I have reached out to the owner of the third party drivers, and we have determined that those drivers are not the issue here.

3. I have recently acquired a new DualShock 2 controller manufactured and distributed by CIPON. They worked for one day. Then, just like with the previous controller, Windows stopped reading inputs from the controller.

I think I may know what is happening. The controller is connected via USB. If I try to eject the device, the ejection fails with a warning that a program is currently using the device. To figure out which program this was, I looked into the event viewer and found this message:

I see that dwm.exe is the window manager. So my best guess is that the window manager is hogging the inputs of my game controller and preventing other applications from receiving them. How can I avoid this issue?

Other notes:

• All my drivers are up to date.
    • I am on the latest Windows 10

:)

Ryan Gehrlein, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

[Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

Hi Ryan, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

I'll ask you a question before, have you already tried the driver on another PC and the same thing happens to you?

Best regards
    Jhon
  3. Ryan Gehrlein Win User

[Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

Thanks for looking into the issue for me. Let's release the question and see if someone else knows more.
  4. Jhonkito Win User

Hello again

It's a shame that I was searching a lot for the error to solve your problem and I didn't find anything that could help you, I don't have solutions for this type of problem, at this point we can do two things.

1. I release your question and let a more qualified expert than me take your question and try to solve it.

2. I help you go to support so that their experts can guide you in a pleasant way to your problem and you can solve it.

Which one do you choose?
  5. Ryan Gehrlein Win User

Hi Jhon, thanks for responding.

I unfortunately don't have access to another PC to try the same thing. However, I did find this old thread describing a similar issue. Unfortunately I don't think the problem is exactly the same, and the solutions they are describing might not apply to me.

EDIT: Looks like I wasn't able to post the link to the thread as it is from another website. It is just a support thread for a software called "USB Safely Remove" where someone has found that dwm.exe prevents them from disabling and ejecting their game controller.

The controller I am using is recognized as an XInput device and uses such a driver.

Ryan G.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

Hello Ryan Gehrlein,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Thema:

[Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

1. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller... - Similar Threads - Continued Windows recognizes

2. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  3. What do I do if my Xbox is in a troubleshoot and will not reset or continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if my Xbox is in a troubleshoot and will not reset or continue: I have pressed continue, restart keep my apps and games and, restart and erase everything and nothing has worked cf9aa764-4bcd-415f-a952-e4a3a1933d2f
  4. Why does my card continue to get charged even when the card no longer exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my card continue to get charged even when the card no longer exists: I continue to get charged on my card that doesn't even exist anymore for the Xbox ultimate. This Xbox was sold in that account isn't even used anymore. Microsoft makes it virtually impossible to...
  5. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  6. My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    My keys continue to be pressed even after I let go, what should I do?: My keys continue to press after I stop pressing them. It's not physical (They aren't literally sticking down). But it continues to press in a game or whilst I'm typing. I've tried different...
  7. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...
  8. Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store"

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer Keeps Saying "Please Continue in Microsoft Store": I've tried other threads that have had this issue. I've restarted my PC, reset Microsoft Store, reinstalled gaming services, checked for updates with Xbox app (which is a separate issue at first...
  9. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  10. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...