Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps

Discus and support Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Everytime I open context menus for anything at the home screen or My games & apps section, it either doesn't popup or when I press the menu button... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/UnboltedCreatez, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps

Everytime I open context menus for anything at the home screen or My games & apps section, it either doesn't popup or when I press the menu button another time it opens again, it's just this long delay. This doesn't happen in the guide and this is only for the games section in the My games & apps area. Maybe something unnecessary is loading up?

I'm not sure the report a problem app will be able to pick it up, this has been happening for a while, nothing runs in the background when this happens. I'm on the latest beta on Series S.

submitted by /u/UnboltedCreatez
    [link] [comments]

/u/UnboltedCreatez, Apr 27, 2023
  2. Panayis Win User

Skype and Youtube has no "go back" button?

Press and hold the menu button when on the home screen (with the game/app selected). It pops up a context menu to allow you to close the game/app.
  3. CyberAyhan Win User

Can I undo the new home page update, it's terrible half the bits I used are missing can I go back to how it was but still play online

The new Xbox home screen sucks. There was nothing wrong with the old screen. It was perfect. Now I have no control over my home screen and you control what context to push on my home screen. Every month, your going to push context that I have no desire to see on my home screen. I will not allow this to happen. I am going to sell my XBOX and switch to PC gaming (steam games) if you do not undo your changes.
  4. geekindenial Win User

Media Remote Menu Button During DVD/Blue-Ray Playback

Just tried my new remote this morning and exactly the same issue. The menu button works on the Xbox home screen - so I can bring up the context menu on a selected app. But nothing while watching a blu-ray.

As a media box the Xbox is full of disappointments and this just adds to it. I'm seriously considering adding my PS3 back into my setup for media.

I'm going to contact support regarding the menu button issue.
  5. rkountz Win User

Xbox is unresponsive sometimes when using instant-on.

Having the same issue -- sometimes when i boot up, I can't do anything on the home screen with the controller, or the xbox one remote. If I start an app or game via Kinect, everything works within the context of that game/app, but if I hit the home button
    or go home via Kinect, I'm still unable to do anything on the home screen. A recycle fixes it, but it is definitely frustrating.
  6. Leo Invictus Win User

xbox one media remote

Hi.

When you are using an app and want to get back to the Xbox home screen with the media remote, tap the Power On/Home button (the big "Xbox" button at the top) to reveal the guide and select "Home."

If you wish to completely close an app, press the Power On/Home button to access the guide, navigate the guide to highlight the app you wish to close, tap the Menu (hamburger) button, and navigate to "Quit" on the context menu.

This support page has more information about the Xbox media remote:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...-remote-info#064ff1f1d91d461e8939ca2fed2cd717
Thema:

Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps

1. Context menu delays at home screen and My games & apps - Similar Threads - Context menu delays

2. Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 3 - all my context is gone, where did my cars, progress go?: I haven’t played in like 2-3 years. I turned it on for the first time since then and noticed all my progress is gone. I did some reading it somewhere it said the license expired. Does that mean...
  3. for context this is for minecraft bedrock. I (who is on windows 11) am not able to see my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    for context this is for minecraft bedrock. I (who is on windows 11) am not able to see my...: The question above more or less states my problem. I know my friends are online, I can see that they are online through the Xbox application, but when I look under the friends tab, nothing shows...
  4. Club and Store missing from Context Menu

in XboX Insiders
    Club and Store missing from Context Menu: Hello. Can I back Club and Store links in the context menu More Options? Now they're replaced by Game Card, and placed inside it. Can I customize that? I think previously version of the menu was...
  5. In the context of wanting to play R6: Extraction via Game Pass, Ubisoft says "It seems you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In the context of wanting to play R6: Extraction via Game Pass, Ubisoft says "It seems you...: I'm just trying to play the new Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Extraction game, which is advertised to be available through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC. However, it appears that I cannot find the...
  6. Wondering if anyone else is getting the random ban with no context

in XboX Insiders
    Wondering if anyone else is getting the random ban with no context: Anyone else being randomly banned with no context and nothing showing up about it on Xbox enforcement? I’m just very confused about what I did if anything and Xbox support is no help submitted by...
  7. No antialiasing on text during pop in animation of context menu

in XboX Insiders
    No antialiasing on text during pop in animation of context menu: [IMG] submitted by /u/Belkaar [link] [comments]
  8. CoC, Enforcement, Censorship, Context, Not Understanding Your Audience (Feedback)

in XBoX Accessibility
    CoC, Enforcement, Censorship, Context, Not Understanding Your Audience (Feedback): Playstation considers themselves a free speech platform, Microsoft around Xbox One's release updated their CoC so that they are not and Phil Spencer has stated himself "Xbox is not a free speech...
  9. Out of Context Permanent Name Ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Out of Context Permanent Name Ban: So, today on 7/27/20, I was graciously notified of an enforcement ban detailing that my name, (not gamertag) had been permanently blocked for offensive reasons? Okay. So, here's the kicker. In my...
  10. No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9: No OpenGL context found in the current thread. on mine craft version 1.8.9 ***Moved from: Gaming on Windows 10*** b4e2cc65-9c21-4e4d-ad93-fe0356b92213