Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play.

Discus and support Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve transferred one of my sons Xbox profiles to a new Xbox one s console. Some content is showing as purchased but when he tries to play it, it says... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Christopher Weatherby, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play.

I’ve transferred one of my sons Xbox profiles to a new Xbox one s console. Some content is showing as purchased but when he tries to play it, it says he needs to purchase it in the store. When trying to purchase it he can’t it just says ask a parent. I’ve added the money for it to his account but I can’t purchase it either.

:)

Christopher Weatherby, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Christopher Weatherb Win User

Thanks Oskayra. I found this advice as well and tried it but it hasn’t made a difference. They’re still shown pending and I can’t delete them.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Does the region configured on your console match your current physical region?

Settings > System > Language & location.

If everything is configured correctly, I recommend downloading the Xbox application on a mobile phone and downloading your game from there remotely. Once the game is downloaded try launching it, it should leave you with no problems.

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/my-games-apps/install-games-remotely-on-xbox-one

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c6943071-a1a8-434f-b057-9b6c7eba2451
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Christopher W, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he suggests the following steps to resolve the problem:

Please check if your game purchase appears in your account's purchase history (modify the time filter so that all of them appear):

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If it appears in your purchase history then please try syncing your account licenses to your Xbox console using the following procedure:

1. In your console settings, go to the "Account" section and select the "Delete accounts" option and choose the account in question. This will delete your profile from the console but you will not lose any of its data, don't worry. .

2. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

3. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

5. Then add the account back to your console so that all your profile information is downloaded again, it won't take long.

6. Check if the problem persists.

Also check to see if you are logging into your Xbox with the correct account that originally purchased the game as there is a possibility you are using a different one.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c6943071-a1a8-434f-b057-9b6c7eba2451

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Fallout 4 Season Pass not working.

Hey there EnvyMe2010!

Odd that you're now being asked to purchase the content. Is it possible another account on the Xbox One purchased the season pass and had your console set as it's Home console? If you're positive you purchased it on your account, if you search for it in
    the store does it show as installed or does it ask you to pay for it again?
  6. Miss Bijoux Win User

DLC not appearing on console

Got it. If it's not showing up in your Ready to Install and the store is asking you to purchase the content again, is it possible your friend purchased the content on his account instead? Not having it show up to download on your account is generally an
    indication that your account does not own the content.

Double check your purchase history and with your friend. :)
Thema:

1. Content showing purchased, but I’m being asked to purchase it again to play. - Similar Threads - Content showing purchased

2. Why is our new console not showing the same content on both profiles

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is our new console not showing the same content on both profiles: We have a new console and the main account works fine we have out younger son one the account as well with his own profile but it is saying he doesn’t have any of the subscriptions or downloads...
  3. Xbox gaming still shows content above my sons age rating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming still shows content above my sons age rating: I have content restrictions set to 16 on my sons account. However, in Xbox Cloud Gaming, it still shows all the 18 rated games that he can't play. WHY? It is hard enough trying to protect our...
  4. I bought black ops 2 season pass and now its saying I dont own it and no content is showing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought black ops 2 season pass and now its saying I dont own it and no content is showing...: As the question states I purchased the season pass the charge went through on my bank and then when I downloaded it nothing was there and it was saying that I don't own the season pass and that I...
  5. There's something going on with achievements' comments/likes. Notifications show content...

in XboX Insiders
    There's something going on with achievements' comments/likes. Notifications show content...: Most probably this is caused by different method people are using to like/comment other people achievements. Social feed isn't showing friends interaction that is shown in the notifications tab....
  6. I have problems getting youtube to show me content at 4k

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have problems getting youtube to show me content at 4k: I have problems getting youtube to show me content at 4k, the maximum resolution that it leaves me is 1440p and I already did all the advice on the support page on xbox and nothing worked, I have...
  7. I redeemed MLB The Show 21 Deluxe Edition content on https://redeem.microsoft.com/ and the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed MLB The Show 21 Deluxe Edition content on https://redeem.microsoft.com/ and the...: I have tried multiple times to redeem my code through my xbox and kept getting a message saying "We can't find this product. This code no longer works." so I went to some Microsoft forums and...
  8. Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass Content Won’t Show

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass Content Won’t Show: On my Xbox One I bought the Season Pass for Batman Arkham Origins. It says, “To Install this find the game in your games and apps, then select Manage Game. Youll see it listed under ready to...
  9. My Xbox won't show the update for Black Ops Cold War Content Pack,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won't show the update for Black Ops Cold War Content Pack,: Hi Guys, I've recently bought Call Of Duty Cold War. At first the game was playable no problems at all. But then the pop up Black out Trial showed up. After that it would not start anymore. And...
  10. Inside content doesn’t show up in the insider app on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Inside content doesn’t show up in the insider app on xbox: I recently signed up for the sea of thieves insider program and I was then told I should find it in the insider content page on the insider hub. I do not find anything other than Minecraft and...