Constantly getting Error Code: 0x800704c6 game is stuck downloading at a certain point at 0 B.

Discus and support Constantly getting Error Code: 0x800704c6 game is stuck downloading at a certain point at 0 B. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi I've had this issue regarding downloading a game on the Xbox App on PC. The game downloads to a certain point and just stops and doesn't continue.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by adz2459, May 9, 2020.

1. adz2459
    adz2459 Guest

Constantly getting Error Code: 0x800704c6 game is stuck downloading at a certain point at 0 B.

Hi I've had this issue regarding downloading a game on the Xbox App on PC. The game downloads to a certain point and just stops and doesn't continue. It has been happening for the past few days and I really feel hard done by this because I was really looking
    forward to play these games with my niece and nephew. I've tried doing everything ranging from clean booting my PC to entering commands to Powershell. Unfortunately it hasn't worked so I was wondering if I could get some help for this issue. I really feel
    like cancelling my trial but am afraid that I won't be allowed to redeem the $1 pass in the near future. Thank you.

:)

adz2459, May 9, 2020
  2. __Stefan___ Win User

I had the same issue for weeks. In the end, simply retrying the download 10 or 20 times in ~6 hours succeeded, and the download started and went ahead without problems, even if a bit more slowly than usual.
  3. MathewGilbertson Win User

None of the fixes found, resetting store, PowerShell commands etc. have resolved. I've replicated the problem on 2 devices as well! Just for the 1 app?
  4. GraemeTippet Win User

Have exactly the same issue, with the exact same symptoms and the same game! Don't know how to fix it!
  5. Zohman Win User

my download for master chief collection kept getting stuck at 5.19gb and when i ran wsreset and tried it again, it would download it really quickly to 5.19gb (eg 1gb+ p/s when my internet speed is only 100mb) and then give me that error. i tried a lot
    of things including rebooting the machine, reinstalling ms store, resetting data within the store app in windows, etc. everytime got the same result with this error. one thing that finally fixed it was the Delivery Optimisation settings in windows. Go to settings
    in windows 10 and under delivery optimisations choose to NOT allow downloads from other PCs. mine was set to allow downloads from pcs within local networks. as soon as i disabled downloads from other pcs, ran wsreset and tried downloading the game again,
    the download speed was at my regular internet speed. and i was able to download entire game and it is now working.
  6. Zohman Win User

been having same issue constantly on different games on pc. some work and others dont. the other day gears tactics stopped working and gave this error and i was able to download after doing wsreset. but for some reason now master chief needs to redownload
    and is not working. same error. tried all the installation troubleshoot suggestions including reinstalling game services using powershell in admin, etc. does not work.

disappointing that ms cant get their store working properly.
Thema:

1. Constantly getting Error Code: 0x800704c6 game is stuck downloading at a certain point at 0 B. - Similar Threads - Constantly getting Error

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  4. Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?: For months now, I've had the same game being pushed on me over and over with the Xbox Home ads. Not once have I even considered installing Fortnite as it is a game for toxic children yet you seem...
  5. I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...: Split from this thread. I am having this problem too, I play on Xbox one s, i’ve restarted my Xbox, hard reset my xbox with and without saving my games and apps, cleared my cache, hard powered...
  6. I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to install the fortnite update but am constantly getting an “installation...: and I have no clue why I can’t install, I have followed all the steps in troubleshooting and yet it still won’t instal, help me please? 258f0322-578e-420b-ab3d-f560b9e98447
  7. I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am constantly getting these error messages on startup and can't seem to prevent them in...: Hi, Can anyone please help here ? I can't get rid of this error message that pops up 3 times every time I open MSFS 2020 (despite uninstalling and re-installing the software) Best regards...
  8. Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since the recent Windows update, i am constantly getting crashes while gaming.: I installed the recent Windows Update. I now notice that whichever game I play is crashing after some time. My drivers are up to date, nothing is corrupted. What should I do next? Specs 3050 i5...
  9. I am constantly getting kicked off Xbox live on my Xbox 360, every 10 minutes or so. Anyone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am constantly getting kicked off Xbox live on my Xbox 360, every 10 minutes or so. Anyone...: So I recently got myself an Xbox 360 and berry 19 minutes or so I get kicked from Xbox live and it’s annoying the bell outta me. Any ideas? 7a013fc2-39ce-44f2-a2ad-b49d94ac2dc9
  10. Anyone else get constant crashes?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else get constant crashes?: I have both the download and disc version. Fallout crashes my xbox every 1-25 minutes without fail. I've chatted for hours with Xbox support, and have been unsuccessfully emailing back and forth...