Constantly crashing on Unreal Engine and Unity games

Discus and support Constantly crashing on Unreal Engine and Unity games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, was hoping to get a bit of help in response to some issues I've been having. I constantly crash on games that rely on Unreal Engine or Unity,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ☩♞Dalton Skylif♞☩, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Constantly crashing on Unreal Engine and Unity games

Hey guys, was hoping to get a bit of help in response to some issues I've been having. I constantly crash on games that rely on Unreal Engine or Unity, and I'm at a point to where I don't know what to do anymore. I don't get error messages usually so it's a bit harder for me to troubleshoot it when I don't understand tech as much as I'd like to, the only thing I can really do here is post a dxdiag to start off with that might help with the troubleshooting.

Here's the Dropbox Link to the file, a friend told me it might be the combination of my processor/motherboard but I just want to check and see what I can do before I decide to replace them. Thank you in advanced, I really appreciate any type of help anyone here can provide, no matter how significant

:)

☩♞Dalton Skylif♞☩, Dec 23, 2022
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Next step would be to test your RAM....flaky RAM can cause all sorts of issues:

https://www.memtest86.com/

Download the tool to a USB drive (the free tool is fine) and run it overnight, or at least when you know you won't need to use the system for at least 3-4 hours as you can't use it while Memtest is running.

If the tool comes back with no errors, which is possible, then I would proceed to start physically removing RAM sticks....if you have 2, then remove one (don't forget to ground yourself before touching anything) and try running whatever cause issues...if it still faults, then swap the RAM stick out for the other one. If removing either one stops the faults, then it is a RAM issue and you can replace it..if it continues, then it's probably not RAM and we can continue.

Whilst you have the system open, I would check all the connections in there, paying particular attention to the connections between power supply, motherboard and graphics card but generally check everything...a wire that is loose by even 1mm can be enough to cause a problem.

Assuming everything is as it should be, we need to rule out Windows or a driver as the cause...the best and most efficient way to do this is to reinstall Windows to take it back to a clean state (factory fresh so to speak)...this will require re-formatting your primary drive to delete everything off of it so I would take care to back-up anything that is important.

Download the Windows ISO from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Put the tool on USB and then run

Install Windows, choosing to delete everything

Once installed, go to the Windows Update area and check for Updates...install everything (essential and optional alike) and then restart your system. Go back and check for Updates again...keep repeating till none show up.

Now install your Graphics Card Driver: https://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/driverResults.aspx/197469/en-uk and then restart

At this point, we have a totally clean version of Windows to work from. At this point, only install whatever is most likely to cause the crashes ie a specific game and if it needs Steam, then the Steam client. Do not install anything else. If it stops the crashes, then there was a driver or Windows issue somewhere and you can proceed to add everything back one at a time and test.

If it doesn't stop the crashes, then it does point to hardware as the more likely source.....whilst it could be CPU, MOBO or a combination of both, it could also be a PSU issue
  3. ☩♞Dalton Skylifâ Win User

For more reference to this post, I also want to add things I've done to attempt to fix the issues, and also post error codes I've gotten from crashes on UE Games.

So far, I've tried installing the latest bios update. I've uninstalled my graphics driver and reinstalled. I uninstalled my audio driver and reinstalled. I'm honestly at a wall at this point lol.

Here's the UE Error codes I got.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000037

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x00007ff700000000
  4. ☩♞Dalton Skylifâ Win User

I attempted to run the program and my computer blue screened with the error Page Fault in non paged area, funnily enough I bluescreen randomly like once a day sometimes with these things. I don't know if this will help or not but I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but not with this app, just with the default windows programs.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

6. ngocphi Win User

Xbox series X PC mode

Ummm sapparently you never played any series x games have you?

Very few games don't use unity or unreal

But unity is dated compared to frostbite or unreal not sure why you want to use a non optimized engine you typically want to use optimized engines

To take advantage of hardware

A LOT OF new games use the latest unreal engine

https://www.thegamer.com/great-games-use-unreal-4-game-engine/

You should read more
Thema:

1. Constantly crashing on Unreal Engine and Unity games - Similar Threads - Constantly crashing Unreal

2. Xbox game bar constantly crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar constantly crashing: Whenever I load up xbox game bar it loads for about 5 seconds then the widgets just say 'something went wrong with this widget' however it only seems to do this on 'Looking for group' and 'Social'...
  3. LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash: Hi I bought a Gigabyte RTX 4080 Aero OC this March and since then I've encountered countless random crashes during gaming. I checked my event viewer and It shows nvlddmkm event id 0. Here's my...
  4. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...
  5. Gamepass games constantly crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games constantly crashing: The games from game pass are constantly crashing I cant even open up some games before they crash ab60dc9a-c951-433f-b13d-a23403a3526a
  6. Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing: Frustrated with losing first a Level 80 then Level 51 character, I broke down and upgraded to an Xbox Series X. My Xbox One had served me well, but Starfield was too good to quit because of my...
  7. MW3 constant crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 constant crashing: I’m experiencing constant crashes with CoD on series x. I’ve attempted to play multiple Warzone modes, MW3 multiplayer and MW3 campaign with 0 success. The game crashes/freezes required a console...
  8. Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Preview Update Constantly Crashing Games and Shutting Down Xbox: My Xbox Series X console says it was last updated on 2 October 2023 OS Version: 10.0.25398.2258 (xb_flt_2309zn.230918-2000) Shell Version: 2309.0.2309.18001 I believe I am part of the Omega...
  9. All games on game pass constantly crash, but not on steam.

in XBoX on Windows
    All games on game pass constantly crash, but not on steam.: As title says. Since I built my pc in 2021 anytime I've tried utilizing game pass/the Xbox app I'm incapable of getting more then an hour of gameplay without a crash, with it usually happening...
  10. Xbox Series X Crashing constantly on certain games.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Crashing constantly on certain games.: My Xbox was working completely find and has been for over 6 months until today. I played Fortnite, Texas chainsaw, Resident Evil 4 and MK1 and they all crashed within 10 minutes. My Xbox is...