constant problems DVD Xbox One S - why bother?

Discus and support constant problems DVD Xbox One S - why bother? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why should I bother owning an Xbox if I constantly have to struggle to play a DVD ? and am the only one in the house that can get it to work. My Sony... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by admin1-CA, Sep 23, 2019.

1. admin1-CA
    admin1-CA Guest

Why should I bother owning an Xbox if I constantly have to struggle to play a DVD ? and am the only one in the house that can get it to work. My Sony PS4 and all off the shelf DVD players work without issue or problem, which seems to prove it can be done.
    Making a DVD player that simply works. M y Xbox One has been serviced for this problem by microsoft, but the problem is still there. And again, no other system in my house has this problem, so it probably is not my tv or anything else. I am pretty sure we
    will never buy another xbox and will abandon this platform. Real shame.

:)

admin1-CA, Sep 23, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Did yoi download the bluray app?

Also enable auto start disc in the app options so when you do stick a disc in it starts

Even ps4 you had to download the app

Off the shelf dvd players dont have any other functiom but to play dvds

You gotta remember not all discs are bluray or dvd

Some can be mixed media or a bluray live disc (usually your xtras disc )
  3. Ironwilled Win User

4. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Why should I bother owning an Xbox if I constantly have to struggle to play a DVD ? and am the only one in the house that can get it to work. My Sony PS4 and all off the shelf DVD players work without issue or problem, which seems to prove it can
    be done. Making a DVD player that simply works. M y Xbox One has been serviced for this problem by microsoft, but the problem is still there. And again, no other system in my house has this problem, so it probably is not my tv or anything else. I am pretty
    sure we will never buy another xbox and will abandon this platform. Real shame.
    Ive never had this problems with any disc device is the 26 years ive used them. Also you need to remember every platform has this problem its simply how it works there is bound to be problems when you make so many
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

Did yoi download the bluray app?
    Exactly, seen this before people don't download the Blu-ray app because they are only trying to play standard DVD's. The system needs the app to play any format of DVD's
  6. maxxxxxxed out Win User

Disk unreadable

I have the newer S version. No HDD in it. Had trouble playing movie DVDs awhile back. Every other game is fine besides MW3 says it's unreadable once a month starting last month. Skyrim has been the only one with constant problems.

I have been reading lots of different people with my problem, but no one with a solution
Thema:

1. constant problems DVD Xbox One S - why bother? - Similar Threads - constant problems DVD

2. Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there a way I can view/talk to my Xbox friends online instead of constantly having to...: I just feel like it'd be a lot more convenient and I haven't really seen anything about it. c7b606d6-5424-4fb1-9c3e-44aa5f07ada6
  3. My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My right thumbstick is constantly pressed down even though i am not pressing it at all: My right thumbstick on my xbox series x controller Is always pressed down even though I am not pressing it at all. Anyone know a fix? 00dd1c1c-98cd-477e-8045-4317899527cd
  4. Xbox game bar constantly crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar constantly crashing: Whenever I load up xbox game bar it loads for about 5 seconds then the widgets just say 'something went wrong with this widget' however it only seems to do this on 'Looking for group' and 'Social'...
  5. The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion

in XBoX on Consoles
    The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion: The left stick on my Xbox elite 2 controller is in a constant downward left motion, it’s like if I have the stick pointed to the left 6281967a-235e-4954-9c73-31478dde2c48
  6. Constant updates on our console

in XboX Insiders
    Constant updates on our console: Your constant updates always screw up something. Please cease and desist. You've turned our beloved dashboard into a giant xbox ad. Isn't that enough? submitted by /u/Next_Interest1897 [link]...
  7. LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Ada_UserOC Constant Game Crash: Hi I bought a Gigabyte RTX 4080 Aero OC this March and since then I've encountered countless random crashes during gaming. I checked my event viewer and It shows nvlddmkm event id 0. Here's my...
  8. having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    having problems whit xbox app. is all bugged. Is constantly telling me to connect but at...: when i press connect nothing happens. e4af9950-3967-4fac-9c91-cf8786446e6e
  9. Constant "there was a problem with your saved games" errors and booting issue afterwards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant "there was a problem with your saved games" errors and booting issue afterwards: This problem started a couple weeks ago when playing Doom on GamePass. I randomly started getting errors saying " there was a problem with your saved games" and I would have to wipe the local...
  10. The problem with a joystick. The constant search for the console is turned on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The problem with a joystick. The constant search for the console is turned on.: The problem with a joystick. The constant search for the console is turned on. Impossible connect. [MEDIA] c2337170-eb9b-4d34-b84d-6eeabe4ba7ca