Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less...

Discus and support Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I turned on the Xbox one after more than a month without turning it on, it turned on normally and started downloading and installing a 4.5 Gb... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FeRodrigueZ, Jan 3, 2024.

1. FeRodrigueZ
    FeRodrigueZ Guest

Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less...

Today I turned on the Xbox one after more than a month without turning it on, it turned on normally and started downloading and installing a 4.5 Gb update, when I finished downloading and installing the console turned off, when I tried to turn it on again it lights up the power button makes the initial noise and then turns off again. You can hear a "Click" right after it turns off.

:)

FeRodrigueZ, Jan 3, 2024
  2. FeRodrigueZ Win User

Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less than a second and turns off again.

Thanks for the steps, I'll try that when I get the chance. At the moment it completed an update online and then decided it's no longer acceptable to be on for gaming sessions, event trying to start it in troubleshoot mode doesn't work, it simply doesn't start.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less than a second and turns off again.

Hi FeRodrigueZ, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can try to do a system reinstall.

For a detailed guide, please use this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the above link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

------------------------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ------------------------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

---------------------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ---------------------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button (Xbox Series X|S: located on the front next to the USB port) and the Eject button (Xbox Series X: located just above the disk drive slot), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have an Eject button. On this console, you only need to hold the Pair button and then press the Xbox button.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

The symptoms you're describing indicate a failed power supply. When if it system first starts up, or when it's doing standby updates, it uses very little power. But after initial boot, the system shifts gears and ramps up and that's when you're seeing the shut down. You would have to send it in for repair
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

6. guitargladiator Win User

Series X randomly turning off

same. turns off after usually less than a minute. doesn't seem hot at all. Haven't even been able to start installing a game yet. Barely made it through the initial console update.
Thema:

1. Console turns on only to do updates, after finishing them, it starts to turn on for less... - Similar Threads - Console turns updates

2. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  3. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  4. Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X settings keep changing every time I turn on my console: Almost every time I turn on my Xbox all of my settings are changed. My password/pin will be deleted or it's changed to something else than what I set it too. Random games are downloaded that I've...
  5. Xbox 360 messages disappearing after signing out of Xbox Live or turning off console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 messages disappearing after signing out of Xbox Live or turning off console: My friend sent me a message on his Xbox one and the only way I can message them currently is through Xbox 360. If I cannot reply to messages in time and forget to reply to them and turn off my...
  6. For some reason when I turn on my xbox, it says preparing console, and then takes me to the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason when I turn on my xbox, it says preparing console, and then takes me to the...: I already factory reset it(keep games and apps) , and reset the xbox. aba831c5-61c6-460d-81f6-487260017000
  7. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  8. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  9. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  10. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43