Console turns off randomly

Discus and support Console turns off randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One console has been turning itself off at random times. It happens when I start playing a game. It shuts off a few minutes into it. It's not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hollowguy, Feb 4, 2014.

1. hollowguy
    hollowguy Guest

My Xbox One console has been turning itself off at random times. It happens when I start playing a game. It shuts off a few minutes into it. It's not related to anything mentioned in the troubleshooting section of xbox one Faq on xbox.com. (it's not the
    power supply, ventilation, or auto-turn off setting) it's extremely frustrating for me because this is the console that MS sent me for a console exchange. My original console made a lot of noise, but at least it worked. I am a month and a half into this process
    and am finding it to be nothing but headaches.

:)

hollowguy, Feb 4, 2014
  2. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    I think I`m hacked for the second time in a worst way

Your console can't be 'hacked' to randomly turn off. This isn't WATCH_DOGS. It's malfunctioning. Send it in for repair.

Irixion, Feb 4, 2014
  3. Xbox one x - Scorpio not turning on

Had console for ten minutes. While installing WW2 the console shut off randomly. Won’t turn back on. Tried resetting power supply, different outlets etc.

GoodlySum84933, Feb 4, 2014
  4. Console turns off randomly

I would try a soft reset by pressing power button for 5-10 seconds until shut down, unplug ac, wait 30 seconds. Plug in, press console power button, wait for bootup as it will take a bit longer. If this doesn't work, i would try a factory restore... that
    can be found under settings. Good luck.

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 4, 2014
  5. hollowguy
    hollowguy Guest
    thanks for the response.

I am going to try a factory restore. I've tried the other suggestion and nothing changed. I'm not really excited about reinstalling my 10 games or so, but I think it may help. (I'll post when I know if it worked or not)

if it doesn't, I guess I'll call support and see about doing another exchange.

thanks.

hollowguy, Feb 5, 2014
  6. Hey Hollo, how did your factory restore go?

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 5, 2014
  7. hollowguy
    hollowguy Guest
    no change at all. I did everything carefully and only installed one game. (installed without a network connection and then updated when I reconnected it)

It did the same thing. It'll sit at the home screen forever, but once I start a game it shuts off. (after the loading screens and whatnot) Xbox Support says to call them and redo a warranty exchange after they process the last xbox one I sent in. thanks.

hollowguy, Oct 31, 2018
  8. hollowguy Win User

thanks for the response.

I am going to try a factory restore. I've tried the other suggestion and nothing changed. I'm not really excited about reinstalling my 10 games or so, but I think it may help. (I'll post when I know if it worked or not)

if it doesn't, I guess I'll call support and see about doing another exchange.

thanks.
  9. hollowguy Win User

no change at all. I did everything carefully and only installed one game. (installed without a network connection and then updated when I reconnected it)

It did the same thing. It'll sit at the home screen forever, but once I start a game it shuts off. (after the loading screens and whatnot) Xbox Support says to call them and redo a warranty exchange after they process the last xbox one I sent in. thanks.
  10. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Hey Hollo, how did your factory restore go?
  11. PrimitiveMeat Win User

I would try a soft reset by pressing power button for 5-10 seconds until shut down, unplug ac, wait 30 seconds. Plug in, press console power button, wait for bootup as it will take a bit longer. If this doesn't work, i would try a factory restore... that
    can be found under settings. Good luck.
  12. XBF Chris J Win User

Accensione e spegnimento continuo della console [Edit - translation] - Continuous switching on and off of the console

Hello ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console has been turning itself on and off randomly. Have you tried power cycling your console and moving it over to a different outlet? Aside from that, if your console is only turning
    off randomly then check out this support article: Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
Thema:

1. Console turns off randomly - Similar Threads - Console turns off

2. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  3. 360 power button red then console turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    360 power button red then console turns off: 360 console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off 9fae529e-a7fd-4860-a598-7a224691b2ba
  4. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  5. my keyboard works every 5 times a turn the console off and doesnt work most of the time the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my keyboard works every 5 times a turn the console off and doesnt work most of the time the...: my keyboard doesnt work with my xbox one s but does work every 5th time a shut the console off if im lucky the keyboard i am using is the razer hutsman mini c0faa0ae-0b63-4517-a2f8-d4b2d3e0d46d
  6. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43
  7. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything...: I have xbox one s. When click on xbox button on console, it blinks and immediately turn off... Try everything what to do 3a9362ba-c611-4df0-bda4-b239164c0548
  8. My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…: Hi there! My XboxOneS controller works perfectly until I hold the X button to turn off the console. Once I get to the What do you want to do? screen to turn off the console as soon as I try to...
  9. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042
  10. Why does my Xbox one console turning off when playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one console turning off when playing: My Xbox one console keep turning off when playing games how do I stop it from turning off when playing games 6a59b5f6-b686-4ef2-887f-cb5f05d2151f