Console stopped working- cannot access live

Discus and support Console stopped working- cannot access live in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; New to xbox one. Plugged it in about two months ago. Installed a required update. Had it connected and working fine with Xbox live. Then one day it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PurseDragoon123, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Console stopped working- cannot access live

New to xbox one. Plugged it in about two months ago. Installed a required update. Had it connected and working fine with Xbox live. Then one day it stopped working. My son said it seemed to be around the time change but I cannot imagine that had anything
    to do with it. Now when we go online to play it says it cannot connect. I thought it was the game and I contacted Epic- they took us through some steps but it was not an issue with the game or on their end. Console says we are connected to the wireless but
    still get an error when I select xbox live. I then contacted my internet service provider to ensure it was not related to the settings (however nothing had changed from when we were able to access xbox live) but the ISP said there appeared to be no issues
    on their end. I have reset the system but not attempted a factory reset due to concerns that it often fried the system all-together. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any support here. My kiddo is beside himself that he cannot play after finally getting an xbox.

:)

PurseDragoon123, Nov 13, 2019
  2. PurseDragoon123 Win User

RESOLVED_-Console stopped working- cannot access live

Didn't work. I ended up doing a factory reset..... checked the network status and it says connected but then I get an error that it cannot install updates because its not connected. Makes no sense. Going to get an ethernet cable today.
  3. PurseDragoon123 Win User

Thanks but its not new. My brother gave it to us for my kids. Warranty is long gone.
  4. PurseDragoon123 Win User

So I did the power cycle soft reset before as well as the modem so yesterday I did the factory reset with retaining the games. It was in start up mode and then got to updates and said it could not connect yet the test showed it was connected. I am going
    to buy an ethernet cord today to see if hardwire to the wall works.
  5. AridLizard Win User

if none of the troubleshooting tips work, as you have only had the Xbox for a couple of months it should still be under warranty and you should be eligible for a repair/replacement if it is a problem with the console.

the following link provides all the information on how to request a repair under warranty and instructions on how to pack your Xbox for shipping.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

hope this helps and your son is back to gaming as soon as possible
  6. PurseDragoon123 Win User

Modem had been reset a few times. Just did it again today.

just did a reset (save games) and when it was booting up it hit a new issue with an update.

it’s giving me error code 0X8B0500B6

i cant find what that code is.

From there it says you can check your Internet connection.

I selected my wireless option and then it just says which ones yours? Choose your wireless network… There’s nothing listed. I checked on my phone and there are four signals right here.
Thema:

Console stopped working- cannot access live

1. Console stopped working- cannot access live - Similar Threads - Console stopped working

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...: What can be done about banned consoles? Nothing on why it was banned makes sense. The first 3 reports said it wasn't banned but the 4th said it was banned so what did they mess up with on their...
  5. Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installation stopped appears while trying to reinstall games on my new console: Just got a new console, and finished transferring my data to my series x, but now whenever i try to install something from the old console it just buffers for a bit and then says "installation...
  6. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  7. Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.: What is happening with cloud gaming? It has stopped working on my xbox x console. c932c2ac-dea9-4db3-94ea-d2853ff7740b
  8. What stops the console from loading data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What stops the console from loading data?: I have done everything before there ask, Power cycle, reset, factory default reset, update change IP to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 but yeah it’s ipv4 settings for dns, changed cables Ethernet, changed...
  9. How to stop the Xbox headset turning on the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to stop the Xbox headset turning on the console: Hello! I was wondering if there is a way to disable the feature that turns on the Xbox when using the headset. I understand that there might not be a way to do this, but I have seen many...
  10. Why does my console keep stopping my installation of my disc game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console keep stopping my installation of my disc game?: I’m trying to download a name on my Xbox using a disc and it downloaded all the content packs just fine but if struggles to download the actual game it’ll go a few minutes normally then it sill...