Console Shut Down After Start Up

Discus and support Console Shut Down After Start Up in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just turned my console (Xbox One X) on via Instant On. After I signed in, I browsed the Home page for less than 30 seconds. While I was doing that,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MechaShadow84, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Console Shut Down After Start Up

I just turned my console (Xbox One X) on via Instant On. After I signed in, I browsed the Home page for less than 30 seconds. While I was doing that, my console shut itself down. I received no warning. I was not playing a game. I hadn't even had the time to launch any game or app. This is tied to the latest (October 4th) Skip Ahead build. Now it's not just the console shutting down while games are running. Now it can do this anytime. This is a major issue. It needs to be addressed.

submitted by /u/MechaShadow84
    [link] [comments]

/u/MechaShadow84, Oct 5, 2019
  2. PRIME KAL EL Win User

My Xbox one controller won't turn on the console after a few day without turning on the system

Power cycling didn't help at all. It shut down fine the first time, but after starting it back up, the controller would not shut off with the console or turn the console back on.
  3. MaximumExtreme Win User

new xbox one set-up issue

Are you sure it's shutting down? After the initial green screen it will go to a black screen the go to the set up. Give it a few minutes to start up. It may look like it's shut down but it's just loading.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox game pass

Try holding down the power button on the console until it shuts off, unplug the console, plug it back in, and start up again. If it still does it after that, try uninstalling and reinstalling (you may want to try the same instructions to reset the console
    again after uninstalling).
  5. Arminator Win User

Your Lucky!

I just set up my console a few minutes ago, and it also took a long time after the update downloaded waiting at the green Xbox One screen. I turned the console off by touching the power sensor on the console, and the console started to shut down with a pulsating
    power light. After about a minute, the LED on the power brick turned yellow, when the console completely shut down. I then powered it up with the guide button on the contoller, and after a short wait on the Logo screen, setup continued.

Maybe it's really a case of "have you tried turning it off and on again?"
  6. Rob Waffle Win User

Controller problem?

I have the same problem too, this must have something to do with the latest update because this problem only started a few days ago for me.

I press and hold the guide button on the controller and it lights up but the console doesn't start unless I press the main button on the console. Same for shutting down, I press the guide button on the controller and select Shut down console and the console
    shuts down but the controller stays on with the guide button lit up. Very annoying.
Thema:

Console Shut Down After Start Up

1. Console Shut Down After Start Up - Similar Threads - Console Shut Down

2. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  3. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  4. Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...

in XBoX on Windows
    Every time I start my Xbox I have to do reset the console to play or else it will shut off...: I will turn on my Xbox series x and after a minute or two of it running it will automatically shut off. My xbox will run after I do a keep games and apps reset on the console but will do the same...
  5. My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning?: My downloaded games close or shut down console (xbox X) while playing without warning? 04d264b4-6e25-4d93-a2ac-ab117c68aa3c
  6. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042
  7. 2 accounts (outlook and Gmail)on 2 consoles in different rooms, why do I get shut off on...

in XBoX on Windows
    2 accounts (outlook and Gmail)on 2 consoles in different rooms, why do I get shut off on...: 2 different consoles with 2 different accounts, while using 1 and the other one is signed in you are dropped off on the first console. 708132b7-5ae4-45c5-a006-f69b41626f29
  8. Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my console shut off to a snow screen or go to dashboard on wz fortnight any game...: Series s shuts down in cod wz either freezes on a snowy screen or sends me back to dash board 4ef8c9a0-d579-437a-a556-e4f873a2669d
  9. When I shut off my xbox one S, with either the button on the console or the xbox button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I shut off my xbox one S, with either the button on the console or the xbox button on...: So when I power off my Xbox one S, either by button on the console or the xbox button on my controller, i pick the turn off console option, and now for some reason everytime I power off it goes...
  10. Console Shuts Down at 4AM when in Standby Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console Shuts Down at 4AM when in Standby Mode: Hey there, I have a question/concern and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it (and/or if anyone knows how to fix it). My Xbox Series X is set to go into standby mode when turned off w/...