Console Sent for Repair Instead Received New Console, Have Now Lost All Recent Save Data

Discus and support Console Sent for Repair Instead Received New Console, Have Now Lost All Recent Save Data in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi There, as the above reads I recently sent my Xbox One console in for repair, issue being wireless adapter fail in the console itself. From the issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DIRKDIGGGL3R, Dec 27, 2015.

1. DIRKDIGGGL3R
    DIRKDIGGGL3R Guest

Console Sent for Repair Instead Received New Console, Have Now Lost All Recent Save Data

Hi There, as the above reads I recently sent my Xbox One console in for repair, issue being wireless adapter fail in the console itself. From the issue obviously no game saves were being backed up to the cloud, prior to sending the console off I clocked
    up around 60 hours of Fallout 4 and 40 hours of Witcher 3 gameplay, during the shipping process the details from Microsoft for the repair never mentioned a console replacement or the need to backup the internal HDD.

Probably my own fault for not just doing a local backup to be safe.

Anyway the repair became a replacement and my Day One Edition console was since replaced with a brand new unit, great to a degree but the Day One Edition is a collectors item to me, couple that with losing ALL local save data and I'm left in a bad way.

I reached out to Xbox Chat support on Sunday 20th December and was informed they would try reach out to the support house for an update if my old console had yet been wiped/binned/destroyed etc, a week has gone by and zero updates. I opened up another chat,
    mentioned my previous discussion and chat logs so they could read through to get an idea on where we were up to yet found myself explaining multiple times of the situation.

I am seeking clarification or a point of contact to see if my Xbox One still exists, I am happy to even pay for the console to be shipped to me or repaired, I just need all my save data as I have zero interest in losing another 100 hours playing through
    the same thing.

As mentioned not once during any literature or steps provided to me regarding my console being sent did it mention it would be replaced, I was under the assumption it would be repaired, especially as it was a limited Day One Edition.

I've been a loyal Xbox user for over 10 years and have wasted far too much money on the product with zero regrets until now, seeking assistance in any way as at the moment the support received via Chat has been nil.

Sincerely,

Brendan

:)

DIRKDIGGGL3R, Dec 27, 2015
  2. l3eer30
    l3eer30 Guest
    Factory reset by Microsoft during repair, all game saves now lost.

I sent console in for disk player not reading disk. I have been off line with my console for three months due to no internet, all my games are backed up on a 2TB external HDD (50+ games). All my game saves where on the console. I now have lost 90+ days of
    completed status on several games. My question is why do the games only save to internal HDD, even when external is set to save new data by default? I know now that I should have got online right before sending it in for repair, lesson learned the hard way.
    What was the point of resetting my console for a disk player replacement?

l3eer30, Dec 27, 2015
  3. Battlefield 4 - Save games for campaign are gone...

Wow, just lost all of my save progress and realized that you can't even get to your saved data anymore on the console. I kind of consider keeping my save game data straight a basic component of a decent console. Xbox is not making me love the new console
    experience right now!

nathangibbons, Dec 27, 2015
  4. damu3030 Win User

Cannot get latest saved data and system is connected to internet but says need internet connection to access Xbox Live

I've been having this same issue since November 20. None of the troubleshooting steps resolved the problem. I recently un-enrolled from the preview program earlier this week. I was also told it may be my console. I sent the console for repair and got a replacement.
    The replacement console is still experiencing the same can't sync lastest saved data message. Now I'm waiting for a new update to the public.
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

How reliable are xbox 360 repairs?

If you sent it in for repair to microsoft,it would be very unlikely that you would receive the same console back.

i would always recommend buying a new slim instead of repairing a six year old console.
  6. nathangibbons Win User

Battlefield 4 - Save games for campaign are gone...

Wow, just lost all of my save progress and realized that you can't even get to your saved data anymore on the console. I kind of consider keeping my save game data straight a basic component of a decent console. Xbox is not making me love the new console
    experience right now!
  7. Onyx SVO Win User

Update error: 3F4A-0000-3080-0506-D000-0185

The problem is that the hard drive is just not working anymore. Mister Ohnaka you are right, but i would suggest replacing your hard drive instead as i've done the same. I sent mine of to repair center for replacement and they gave me a new one. I would
    suggest you transfer all your saved data to a USB because when i told them to do it for me they agreed to do so, BUT NO, i lost all my data.
  8. kubindad Win User

Advanced Exchange - Beware

Going thru the same situation as everyone else with advanced exchange,lost consoles, being sent non working console, talking to different support people who are, undertrained, overwhelmed, and have no real power to help you. A corporation as big as Microsoft
    should be more on the ball with this whole " support " situation! After 2 months finally received new repair order for my console and sent it in. Microsoft needs to "repair" it's relationship with its customers, especially the ones with faulty consoles.
Thema:

1. Console Sent for Repair Instead Received New Console, Have Now Lost All Recent Save Data - Similar Threads - Console Sent Repair

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Not sure if drive or console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not sure if drive or console: I have a 5tb external hard drive, the used to be used for games, but out of knowhere it Stopped being detected by my xbox. My pc detects it when I plug it in, but when I plug it into my xbox, it...
  5. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  6. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  7. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  8. Avatar wont update even after restart of console

in XboX Insiders
    Avatar wont update even after restart of console: I would love a rework on the avatars program as it never updates and this is very frustrating . submitted by /u/Tough_Recording_3176 [link] [comments]
  9. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  10. I don't want to console system update anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't want to console system update anymore.: I don't want Xbox live console system update. How do I make it stop forever, it is ruining my gaming experience. I want to play my Xbox games with access to Xbox live online. Not playing external...