Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...

Discus and support Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console got reset (kids didn't know why). However, I set up a Microsoft Account specifically for the Xbox and do not remember what it was. I lost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SwankierSnail93, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...

My console got reset (kids didn't know why). However, I set up a Microsoft Account specifically for the Xbox and do not remember what it was. I lost all my Gamer Tag/Accounts. I have about a year left on EA and Gold Live. I was able to set up a new account
    and have the downloaded games, but the memberships are gone. I didn't have a credit card associated and apparently I didn't have a phone number associated with the account either.

Microsoft cannot give me the log on and I have no idea what to do. Spent about 3 hours searching online, talking to Xbox chat and Xbox support. Anyone have ideas or successfully overcame this.?

Thanks...

:)

SwankierSnail93, Sep 20, 2017
  2. LuvOfThaGame
    LuvOfThaGame Guest
    I'm not sure what happened here.

The way me and my friend did it as to not worry about passwords is to bring up your password change settings on phone or PC first. Then go to home console, enter his gamer tag and enter password. As soon as it logs his in, have friend apply his new password on phone or PC that you had setup first. Log friend account out. Log you back in. Have friend do same on his. As long as you change your password and as long as your account gets logged out of other console, your account cant be accessed without giving new password.

LuvOfThaGame, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Lost account

my son reset the Xbox 1 but we got his account recovery which was the main one with the Xbox live but at the same time we lost my account and i cant remember the email address and can only remember the name of my gamers tag but can't remember the numbers
    that followed the name.

Is there any way of restoring the account????

falkirkstorm101, Sep 20, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ...

You can try the steps
    here
    but as you didn't set up the correct back up/security you might be out of luck.

Not sure how you could download the games again as digital content is tied to the account that bought them.

Daft Badger, Sep 20, 2017
  5. BigB EC
    BigB EC Guest
    Not sure how you could download the games again as digital content is tied to the account that bought them.

• Probably due to the home feature.

BigB EC, Sep 21, 2017
  6. Did you ever sign into the account on your PC or other device? You may be able to go back though your History to find the information.

Zen Like Calm, Sep 21, 2017
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Yeah but you would still need the account on your console

Daft Badger, Sep 21, 2017
  8. BigB EC
    BigB EC Guest

That may or may not be true. Have a friend that bought a used console and he claimed that he had a bunch of free games due to the previous owner. Could of been lying though.

BigB EC, Sep 22, 2017
  9. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    He may of had the games on there but he wouldn't be able to play them without the owners account on the console.

Daft Badger, Nov 1, 2018
  10. Daft Badger Win User

Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit card

11. Daft Badger Win User

Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit card

You can try the steps
    here
    but as you didn't set up the correct back up/security you might be out of luck.

12. BigB EC Win User

That may or may not be true. Have a friend that bought a used console and he claimed that he had a bunch of free games due to the previous owner. Could of been lying though.
  13. Daft Badger Win User

He may of had the games on there but he wouldn't be able to play them without the owners account on the console.
  14. BigB EC Win User

Thema:

1. Console Reset ---> Lost gamer tag/cant remember microsoft account/didn't link phone or credit ... - Similar Threads - Console Reset Lost

2. Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset Series X Console, Error code 0x87DD0016: Xbox was connected to Internet (checked as its all good)but no Apps or games would work. Tried all the usual power off/on for console and router, still nothing. All other devices were working fine...
  3. Nothing installs. Console has been reset twice.

in XBoX on Windows
    Nothing installs. Console has been reset twice.: No apps will install. Console has been reset twice and cache cleared three separate times. 1a4dc5b2-6bb4-4506-b8c3-c5afd67b2a47
  4. How can I reset console Id. Not console reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I reset console Id. Not console reset: Hi, I am having trouble with xbox profile mismatch. I have tried below options: 1. Reset console. 2. Create new profiles 3. Guest Account 4. Delete everything and re install game 5. change...
  5. While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    While trying to set up my Xbox 1 s it can't connect to the wifi. I've reset the console...: When trying to set up my new Xbox 1 s it cannot connect to the wifi. I've reset the console, unplugged the consoles power, and moved the wifi router closer. 4e8e39dd-8fcf-4a1c-81c7-17fa5a2d402e
  6. Not loading after resetting my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not loading after resetting my console: Stuck on updating page after resetting my console 4e12a1ea-748b-4ac9-9a97-c1958807d11a
  7. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  8. Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox keep booting me out of multiplayer games and console resets itself...: I posted another thread on this which went unsolved. I have a new Xbox series x purchase 9 of 23. Whenever I play any multiplayer games online like call of duty, fortnite, battlefield 2043,...
  9. I reset my console and kept my apps and games and now it wants me to use my controller and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I reset my console and kept my apps and games and now it wants me to use my controller and...: Need help setting up my xbox one s with out a controller and only having a media remote. I reset my console and kept apps and games and now it wants me to use a controller which I don't have and...
  10. Is it possible to reset an external storage like a console is resetted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to reset an external storage like a console is resetted?: I have come across an issue with my game not really recently (already made a post about it but it wasn't resolved).So i thought that after attempting to fix the issue many times,i would reset the...