Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion

Discus and support Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox one lights up, shuts off and reboots a few times until it looses power completely. I can tell that the Xbox looses power because I have an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x IL 3 G ii T z, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion

The Xbox one lights up, shuts off and reboots a few times until it looses power completely. I can tell that the Xbox looses power because I have an external hard drive plugged into the console which has an led that constantly blinks as long as the drive
    is plugged in. Also, after loosing power completely, the power supply remains on but the light is orange. During the rebooting of the Xbox (Manually restarting itself), the power supply switches from white to orange as the console turns on and shuts down.
    I've never even made it to the green screen. It began two days ago, the console just didn't turn on. I tried to reset the power supply...gave it a rest, still didn't work. Today I felt lucky, plunged her in...and had false success. The Xbox turned on, but
    upon its start up I received a message about keeping the ventilation uncovered and keeping the Xbox in a cool ventilated area. I've never experienced this problem, nor do I had my Xbox in a non-ventilated area. After moving on, I thought all was fine...and
    then my dreams were crushed; it shut down. It hasn't done anything other than try to turn on and manually restart itself since. I cannot use the controllers to power on the Xbox, and sometimes the light doesn't even turn on when I press the power button! But
    strangely, the Xbox still makes the initial power on sound. PLEASE HELP! I've had xbox 360 since 2006. I've had to ship 2 or 3 xbox's back to you guys over the years and I'm still loyal! I desperately need help...customer service....I need to contact somebody.
    Do I need to send the console back to Microsoft? HELP!! :'''(

:)

x IL 3 G ii T z, Mar 30, 2016
  2. My console does not turns on, even that it is connected to the power elctricity.

My console does not turns on, it is connected to the power elctricity, my LED light is on and in orange, but when I turn it, it instantly turns off and mi LED light goes from white to orange again.

KatarnKnot221, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Xbox 360E console doesn't start up.

My Xbox 360E 4G Console doesn't start up. On, starting the console via controller or via power key, the green colour led light on the power key lights up for a second and then turns off. The fan in the console doesn't seem to work.
    Also, the led light in the power brick/ adaptor is always on orange colour. Kindly, provide a solution to this problem at an early and I shall be grateful.

Thanks.

Player335272006, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion

Hi x IL 3 G ii T z

I replied to your other post here. I would suggest just using that thread moving forward.

Hordie, Mar 31, 2016
  5. Hordie Win User

Hi x IL 3 G ii T z

I replied to your other post here. I would suggest just using that thread moving forward.
  6. Andrew Kacki Win User

Power brick not working. How to fix?

Hello Andrew,

Regarding your concern, the first thing to check is your power bricks LED indicator, does it turn off or changes color once you press the power button on your console?

Second, is to check your Xbox's LED indicator, does it show any light while plugged into the power brick?

If your power brick has lights as well as your console, watch what color it turns into, if it turns to white and fades there could be something wrong with your Power Supply Unit internally.

If the light on your console changes to orange, you may try doing a factory reset.

If there are no lights at all on the console, it's definitely the PSU or the internal power supply of your console and it may need replacement.
    You see, if my power supply is not plugged into anything the led light won’t turn on because it isn’t receiving power. When I plug it in to the outlet the led light turns on to a yellowish orange. But the problem is the led light turns off when the power supply is plugged into the Xbox. And I have done a different cable and same problem. Also I tried a different power supply and it also did the same thing. I did this with another Xbox on both cables and both power supplies and the same thing happened. This has happened before but it suddenly started working again but with another power outage, it stopped working.
  7. XBF Crystal P Win User

XBOX will not start.

Hi there Bryan,

Thanks for reaching out! Sounds like your troubleshooting your
    Power Supply for the Xbox One

• The Power supply LED on your power supply, Is the unit light still on, or has it turned off or started blinking? The color white/amber will happen when it filters the power in the surge protector.
    • When troubleshooting take a look at the LED light, does it stay solid or blink (light turns off and on)?

Hope this helps. Let us know.
  8. PingGuerrer0 Win User

Power brick not working. How to fix?

Hello Andrew,

Regarding your concern, the first thing to check is your power bricks LED indicator, does it turn off or changes color once you press the power button on your console?

Second, is to check your Xbox's LED indicator, does it show any light while plugged into the power brick?

If your power brick has lights as well as your console, watch what color it turns into, if it turns to white and fades there could be something wrong with your Power Supply Unit internally.

If the light on your console changes to orange, you may try doing a factory reset.

If there are no lights at all on the console, it's definitely the PSU or the internal power supply of your console and it may need replacement.
  9. Vardagul Win User

Orange light

Hi Brittany S! My name is Darhlene and I'm more than happy to help you out!

I am sorry that you are experiencing this on your original Xbox console. Please reset your Xbox One power supply unit according to this Xbox article:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-power-supply-solution

"If your original Xbox One console isn’t receiving power from your power supply unit, the unit may need to be reset:

1. Unplug the power cables from the console, electrical outlet in the wall, and power supply.
    2. Wait 10 seconds.
    Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step lets the power supply reset. Make sure you unplug the power supply unit from both the electrical
    outlet in the wall and your Xbox One console.
    3. Firmly plug the power cable back into the electrical outlet and the power supply. Do not plug the power unit into the console yet.
    4. Check the LED light on the power supply. Depending on whether the LED light is on, off, or blinking, follow the steps in the appropriate section below.

> If the LED is on:
    First, plug the power supply into the console:

1. Firmly plug the power cable back into the Xbox One console. Do not turn on the console.
    2. Check the light on the power supply unit to see if it is still on:
    A. If the LED is still on, press the Xbox button on the front of the Xbox One console. If the console powers up successfully, you’re good to go. If it
    doesn’t, continue to the next step.
    B. If the LED is not on, skip to the section “If the LED is off or blinking” below.

> If the console won't power up (but the LED is still on)

If your console won’t start up even after you have reset your power supply unit, then the console needs to be serviced. You can have your console repaired at your local electronic shops near you.

> If the LED is off or blinking:

The power supply unit needs to be replaced. You need to replace the power supply unit if the light is still off or flashing orange."

Kind regards,
    Darhlene
Thema:

1. Console receives power...but does not start...Xbox led light working on occasion - Similar Threads - Console receives power

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Not sure if drive or console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not sure if drive or console: I have a 5tb external hard drive, the used to be used for games, but out of knowhere it Stopped being detected by my xbox. My pc detects it when I plug it in, but when I plug it into my xbox, it...
  5. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  6. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  7. I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not receiving invites from Xbox consols on game bar windows 11.: I am trying to join community post, but I can't join their game invites they are on console and I'm on pc but if my pc friend invites me to their game, I can join them....
  8. Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not receiving the update for roblox apps on the xbox Series S console?: With the recent update to Roblox is the rollout time delayed for the various machines it's rolling out to? My xbox series S Is not receiving the update. 52e0f9fe-06af-46a0-a74e-6ef86839b6cc
  9. Will both my consoles receive a console ban?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will both my consoles receive a console ban?: Hey, so recently in a misunderstanding a joke report by my friend got my 9 year old account permanently banned and my xbox banned as well. This is funny as I have never in the past received an...
  10. Received and xbox X game and we have an Xbox one console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Received and xbox X game and we have an Xbox one console.: Received and xbox X game and we have an Xbox one console. My son opened the game so we can not return it. Does anyone have an option? Microsoft says they have no way to make an exchange....