Console randomly turning off

Discus and support Console randomly turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So last night I was playing ESO and my console randomly lost power. I did a hard reset and turned it back on but decided to just call it a night.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clamslurper, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Clamslurper
    Clamslurper Guest

So last night I was playing ESO and my console randomly lost power. I did a hard reset and turned it back on but decided to just call it a night. Today when I tried to load into ESO my console kept losing power. My latest attempt to fix this issue was
    restoring to factory default setting, but even still I am losing power. When it loses power, the Xbox power supply doesn't turn orange or anything either like some other posts I've seen. The power supply simply doesn't have a color and is off. Also, I'm
    not using a surge protector, I am plugged directly into the wall. I'm running out of ideas here guys...anyone have any info that can help me?

:)

Clamslurper, Feb 22, 2016
  2. Console turns ON and OFF by itself

My 250 gig Slim console is also randomly turning itself off and resetting the display options...

WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD-4ABC-A1C2-5D9DBF1CA00A, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Xbox 1 dollar offer

Dashboard offers usually refresh after turning the console on and off and can be shown randomly. There's no way to force an offer to show.

Smwutches, Feb 22, 2016
  4. hollowguy Win User

Console turns off randomly

thanks for the response.

I am going to try a factory restore. I've tried the other suggestion and nothing changed. I'm not really excited about reinstalling my 10 games or so, but I think it may help. (I'll post when I know if it worked or not)

if it doesn't, I guess I'll call support and see about doing another exchange.

thanks.
  5. hollowguy Win User

no change at all. I did everything carefully and only installed one game. (installed without a network connection and then updated when I reconnected it)

It did the same thing. It'll sit at the home screen forever, but once I start a game it shuts off. (after the loading screens and whatnot) Xbox Support says to call them and redo a warranty exchange after they process the last xbox one I sent in. thanks.
  6. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Hey Hollo, how did your factory restore go?
  7. PrimitiveMeat Win User

I would try a soft reset by pressing power button for 5-10 seconds until shut down, unplug ac, wait 30 seconds. Plug in, press console power button, wait for bootup as it will take a bit longer. If this doesn't work, i would try a factory restore... that
    can be found under settings. Good luck.
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

Accensione e spegnimento continuo della console [Edit - translation] - Continuous switching on and off of the console

Hello ,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console has been turning itself on and off randomly. Have you tried power cycling your console and moving it over to a different outlet? Aside from that, if your console is only turning
    off randomly then check out this support article: Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off
Thema:

1. Console randomly turning off - Similar Threads - Console randomly turning

2. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  3. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  4. Skip console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Skip console update: Why am I forced to update my console to continue using it? I'm staying in a hotel with limited daily Wi-Fi usage, and my Xbox has prompted me to either update my console or continue offline. All I...
  5. How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to see if an xbox one console is temporary banned or pernamently banned: I bought an xbox one s console and i had my friend giving me his account that has gamepass on it i played with it for about 2 weeks and it got banned. and i ask my other friend to give me his...
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  8. Hello, I'm controller randomly freezes when playing gta5. I have to reboot console each...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I'm controller randomly freezes when playing gta5. I have to reboot console each...: Hello, I'm controller randomly freezes when playing gta5. I have to reboot console each time this happens. Its a xbox fault that needs addressing. What do I do I have a xbox x....
  9. Xbox controller randomly disconnects when plugged into the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly disconnects when plugged into the console: I use an Xbox One S, and a black Series controller. I'm using the cable provided by Microsoft/Xbox. I had the same issue with the controller that came with the console. Googling for an answer...
  10. My cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after I decided to update my console any answer to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after I decided to update my console any answer to...: Cyberpunk 2077 randomly went missing after new console update d6a83d87-1fe8-4f6e-9763-c3a910f9fbfc