Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working"

Discus and support Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My console is not connecting to my Wi-Fi via wireless connection. the xbox is saying "the wireless network hardware isn't working".... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brig Easy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Brig Easy
    Brig Easy Guest

Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working"

My console is not connecting to my Wi-Fi via wireless connection. the xbox is saying "the wireless network hardware isn't working".

:)

Brig Easy, Oct 24, 2016
  2. PalZer0
    PalZer0 Guest
    Xbox 360E console won't connect to wireless network

Hey r c takedown.

-

This is definitely a Wi-Fi signal issue (your console isn't getting enough Wi-Fi signal to maintain a stable connection). The clear indicator of this is that connecting via ethernet cable doesn't give you any problems.

-

To improve Wi-Fi signal, you'll need to do one (or both) of these things:

1. Move the console and/or network hardware to increase line of sight between your console and your Wi-Fi router..

2. Turn off other wireless devices to minimise Wi-Fi interference.

-

If neither of those help (or if you're unable to move your console and/or network hardware), just stick with the wired connection. You'll have a more stable Xbox Live connection (particularly for streaming video and online multiplayer) if you connect via
    ethernet cable anyway.

PalZer0, Oct 24, 2016
  3. internet connection problem

hello i have a problem with my xbox one s consol suddenly wont connect to the wi-fi i tried the code several times but it sais its unable to connect and when i try test network connection it sais hardware problem not connected ...your network is not set
    up.can anyone plz help?

SmartToaster356, Oct 24, 2016
  4. PalZer0 Win User

Xbox 360E console won't connect to wireless network

Hey r c takedown.

-

This is definitely a Wi-Fi signal issue (your console isn't getting enough Wi-Fi signal to maintain a stable connection). The clear indicator of this is that connecting via ethernet cable doesn't give you any problems.

-

To improve Wi-Fi signal, you'll need to do one (or both) of these things:

1. Move the console and/or network hardware to increase line of sight between your console and your Wi-Fi router..

2. Turn off other wireless devices to minimise Wi-Fi interference.

-

If neither of those help (or if you're unable to move your console and/or network hardware), just stick with the wired connection. You'll have a more stable Xbox Live connection (particularly for streaming video and online multiplayer) if you connect via
    ethernet cable anyway.
  5. Rostom L Win User

My Xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet.

At the back of your router there's a tiny hole you can press using a ball pen for 5 sec to factory reset it. Please note that after a factory reset, you will have to connect to your network using the default Wi-Fi SSID or name and Wi-Fi password indicated at the back of your router or manual.

Yes, Wi-Fi has to deal with software but it's a hardware just like bluetooth. A device won't be able to support Wi-Fi if there's no hardware for Wi-Fi or wireless connectivity or let's simply put it as a wireless card.
  6. DeonHarris1 Win User

internet connection

I am having connection problems with my Xbox 1 and I am using a wireless network I have repowered my system numerous of timesrestart my Wi-Fi hotspot that I'm using and it's still not connecting two Xbox live is saying that I'm connected to my Wi-Fi but
    I am unable to connect to Xbox live or play any games without being connected to the internet
  7. DangerousBard Win User

Xbox 360 won't pick up my wifi

Sometimes the Xbox connection works well except when other Wi-Fi devices are running on the home network and Internet. Wireless signal interference can cause Wi-Fi devices to perform sluggishly or lose connection, particularly when running on the 2.4 GHz
    band. To avoid this problem, try changing the Wi-Fi channel number or by relocating nearby wireless equipment further away from the console.
  8. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

If your console is not recognizing the Wi-Fi module, there may be a hardware issue with the console's Wi-Fi component or antenna. The Xbox 360S model was released with built-in Wi-Fi capability, so it should not require a separate Wi-Fi adapter to connect to wireless networks. Check to see if any cables or connections are loose or disconnected. Unplugging the power cable from the back of the console, waiting for 10-15 seconds, then plugging it back in and turning on the console. Check your router's settings to ensure that it is broadcasting the Wi-Fi signal and that the security settings are correct. If your console still cannot connect to Wi-Fi, you can try using an Ethernet cable to connect your console directly to your router.
Thema:

1. Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working" - Similar Threads - Console unable connect

2. I have got a new xbox s and I have connected the console to tv but unable to get to the app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have got a new xbox s and I have connected the console to tv but unable to get to the app...: *** ***removed sensitive information from post*** a1f4b37b-783f-4932-9035-392dd0ed26c0
  3. Unable to find “ease of access” tab on xbox series s after console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to find “ease of access” tab on xbox series s after console update: My xbox series s controller is too sensitive after the last update. I’ve tried to follow the instructions to change the sensitivity, but I cannot find the “ease of access” tab. I’ve tried updating...
  4. I am unable to connect my EPIC account to the console

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to connect my EPIC account to the console: I am unable to connect my EPIC account to the console because when I installed it I did not enter an EPIC account and it probably opened a new user for me, but I now want to connect the EPIC...
  5. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54
  6. Unable to signin on console since update

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to signin on console since update: I've had no issues with my xbox console since I got it a few years back but ever since the latest update in October I am unable to sign in and I've tried everything to fix it. I've seen a few...
  7. I have an Xbox series s and I am unable to login to my account on the console. I have tried...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an Xbox series s and I am unable to login to my account on the console. I have tried...: I have an Xbox series s and I am unable to login to my account on the console. I have tried resetting it and even did and OSU, but I am still not able to login. After clicking sign it it just...
  8. PC Gamepass unable to connect to any of my friends games when they are on Xbox Consoles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Gamepass unable to connect to any of my friends games when they are on Xbox Consoles: So far I have attempted to play No Man Sky and also Grounded with my friends on their Xboxes while I am on my Windows 11 PC. They both have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and I have Xbox Game Pass for...
  9. 0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    0/8 strikes, unable to 'keep' friends from console, and xbox.com 'add' does nothing: so i have an account with MSFT. xbox and whatnot. my ability to add new friends i meet is not happening. this is the behavior: • add them via xbox console: they appear for ~30 minutes, then...
  10. Xbox App unable to connect to new console

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App unable to connect to new console: So recently I’ve had to reset my console due to an error (I have had to do this a couple times before) and every other time I’ve done I’ve been able to set it up with the Xbox app. However this...