Console in repair for 56 days!

Discus and support Console in repair for 56 days! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; 74 days and nothing still. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Percyswanson, Mar 27, 2014.

  1. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest

    Console in repair for 56 days!


    74 days and nothing still.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 14, 2014
    #16
  2. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest
    75 days, no progress made. This is insane.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 15, 2014
    #17
  3. Misses Joust
    Misses Joust Guest
    Hey there Percy. I am so sorry you have waited so long on this repair. We're bubbling this up to the proper team to get the situation completely sorted out. I know you've heard that before. We really mean it. We want to see you reunited with your console!
    Someone will get in touch with you soon. Please keep us updated, either here in the thread or you can PM me, so we can make sure we see this all the way through.
     
    Misses Joust, Apr 16, 2014
    #18
  4. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest

    Console in repair for 56 days!

    Hey thanks for your response Misses Joust. I was contacted yesterday by one of the advocacy team members who claimed she contacted the service center telling them to send me an XBOX 360 arcade they had in inventory at the service center. Is this machine
    worse in any way than the XBOX 360 Pro I had originally? Thanks for getting involved.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 17, 2014
    #19
  5. Misses Joust
    Misses Joust Guest
    Hey again Percy, I'm really glad to hear that you heard from the team!

    The two versions of the Xbox 360 console (Pro and Arcade) are virtually the same. Basically at the time they were sold in stores, the Pro bundle came with an

    HDD
    (either 20GB or later 60GB) and the Arcade bundle did not. Early versions of the Arcade bundle included a

    256MB memory unit
    . Later models had a a built-in memory chip instead. Even if this particular Arcade console has the built-in memory, you'll still be able to install your HDD in the same way!
     
    Misses Joust, Apr 17, 2014
    #20
  6. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest
    Yeah I was in talks with that person (and a different one) for almost a month before they finally (maybe, hasn't been sent yet) got my console returned to me. Hopefully it doesn't take as long to ship the console to me as it did for them to decide to ship
    it back.

    Thanks for the info on the arcade console. I was concerned that it was an earlier version or something, like closer to the launch consoles that all get the red rings. Hopefully I'll receive my console and refund by next week, that would put the repair time
    in the 80 day range. This whole experience has been incredibly frustrating.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 17, 2014
    #21
  7. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest
    I am happy that official support got involved with this. I have been watching since I first replied to you. Keep us up on when you get the console. I really wish this had gone better, but it looks like its finally getting sorted out.
     
    oOUTSIDERo62, Apr 17, 2014
    #22
  8. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest

    Console in repair for 56 days!

    So they still haven't shipped it yet, so I probably won't even get it back next week. They sent me an email about my compensation for this. They didn't even mention the refund, which should be a given. I guess I'm going to have to fight to get that back
    for months too. I'll dispute the charges with my credit card company if I have to. I paid to have the console repaired in "2-3 weeks", not 80-90+ days.

    Here is the list of compensation they offered (I can choose one):

    Compensation List:

    Xbox 360:

    Fable III

    Forza 4

    Forza Horizon

    Gears of War

    Gears of War 2

    Gears of War 3

    Gears of War Judgment

    Halo 4

    Halo Reach

    Halo: CE Anniversary

    Kinect Games:

    Dance Central

    Dance Central 2

    Dance Central 3

    Fable Journey

    Kinect Adventures

    Kinect Pixar Rush

    Kinect Sports

    Kinect Sports 2

    Kinect Star Wars

    Kinectimals w/Bears

    Nike Fitness

    Xbox 360 Hardware:

    Black wireless Xbox controller

    Black wired controller

    Quick charge kit

    Black wired headset

    Black wireless headset

    Xbox chat-pad

    I already own most of these games except for the bad ones (Kinect games) and don't really need any hardware. I told them if that is the best they can do I'll take the controller as that is the only thing with any value to me (but not much) and that if this
    is how they are going to compensate a 10+ year customer than that's certainly not going to keep me as a customer. Unless they do better than that I'll finish my last few games and then get a PS4.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 19, 2014
    #23
  9. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest
    80 days, I wonder if that's a record
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 20, 2014
    #24
  10. xTye
    xTye Guest
    Spamming your thread will not make it go any faster. We cannot do anything to help. You need to keep up with Xbox Support man.
     
  11. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest
    They don't really respond either. 81 days, console still not shipped.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 21, 2014
    #26
  12. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest
    Update. They will ship my console "within 10 business days", so it could take as long as 95 total days to receive my console. And they refuse to refund my repair order despite them not fulfilling the service I paid for in anywhere near the claimed time-frame
    with anywhere near acceptable customer service. I'll have to get my credit card company involved I guess. MS has lost a customer for life, horrible service and horrible customer service. What a joke.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 21, 2014
    #27
  13. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest

    Console in repair for 56 days!

    Controller arrived today, console still hasn't been shipped yet.
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 22, 2014
    #28
  14. Percyswanson
    Percyswanson Guest
    83 days, still no word on when it will ship...
     
    Percyswanson, Apr 23, 2014
    #29
  15. xTye
    xTye Guest
    Disputing the charges is not a good idea as you are still receiving what you paid for and that is considered theft.
     
Thema:

Console in repair for 56 days!

Loading...
  1. Console in repair for 56 days! - Similar Threads - Console repair days

  2. Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta Preview Forced Update Frozen Console Bug: Hello, I recently moved from the Omega preview to the Delta preview. I just turned on my XBOX and was sent through initial setup again after installing a forced 4.1GB manual update. It's led me...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX console home page tile launch actions - Delta Ring: I really liked that I could press A and it would launch the game card/hub and then I could select PLAY on any tile on the home screen. A few days back that behavior changed and A launched the game...
  5. If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?

    in XboX Insiders
    If I remove my only console from Insider ring, will I lose my standing?: Currently in the ASA ring and I have a One X that's giving me more and more issues every day. Wanted to put it back on the public build and see if that clears up anything. Won't be getting my 25th...
  6. The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles

    in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox Legacy Passport Initiative: How Xbox Can Move Original & 360 Discs to Digital Consoles: Hey everyone, With the industry pushing toward digital-only hardware ecosystems, those of us with massive physical collections (Original Xbox and Xbox 360) are facing a serious preservation...
  7. Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tested Disc-to-Digital on 3 Xbox consoles at the same time? D2D + Home Xbox +...: So, I have a very specific use case for the new Disc-to-Digital feature, and I’m wondering if anyone with multiple Xbox consoles has actually tested this. I’m trying to unlock the Dominion...
  8. Why the hell would repairing your own console considered violating sub rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why the hell would repairing your own console considered violating sub rules?: There has been a post about disc drive not working after warranty expired and my comment was to repair it by yourself, and it got removed. In what universe is a repair that restores proper...
  9. Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft still repair 360 consoles?: Flashing red lights error around power button. 610d5d08-7e34-4364-8526-77fb634bb072
  10. Does my console need to be repaired?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Does my console need to be repaired?: So I’ve been getting a system error on my Xbox for a couple months now. I’ve tried every method to try and fix it. I tried the offline system update with a usb, restarting the Xbox, resetting it,...