Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

Discus and support Console could be damaged if removed from power supply? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! Two quick doubts: Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rafael Moreira Fernandes, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply?

Hi!

Two quick doubts:

Regarding removing my Xbox Series X from power supply source. Here in Brazil, on summer, we have strong thunders storms, and even that my console is pluged in a power line with a fuse any emergency, accordingly to my studies, the safest option is to remove from power supply.

I always have the complete care with the console. I wait it to cool down before turning it off, and when I'm going to remove it from power source, I always turn it off completely and waint a few minutes before removing the cables.

The question is in my mind, because every time I turn it on, the fan starts turning, almost if like a "check procedure". So, that first glimpse, only a few turns on the fan when plugged in the power, is it normal?

And I also keep in doubt also regaring the first current that are inputed on the system, if its greater the than nominal when is already connceted. With that said, is there any harm to input out of the power supply occasionally, when I think it's gonna have some heavy rains?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

:)

Rafael Moreira Fernandes, Jan 5, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Rafael M! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

I have all my consoles including Xbox connected to a remote power extension, which means when I am finished with it, I remotely turn off the socket which is like taking the plug out the wall. None of the consoles have had any issues as like you have said, you power them down correctly first.

Storms can cause surges in the electrical system so its not a bad thing removing it from the mains.
  3. Geth Win User

Xbox one wont turn on

Could be the power supply.

How old is the console, and has it taken any damage recently?
  4. WalleyedPluto17 Win User

red led in xbox360 slim

Thank you so much, I made a request to repair my console, but retaking the topic, I could see that when I turn on the console the led in the power supply goes to from yellow to green and from green to yellow when I turn off the console. Do you still thinking
    it damage is in the power supply? or maybe the failure could be on the console exactly the plug?
  5. Malacath Win User

Xbox 360 hard drive issues

Try removing and re-attaching then hard drive. Make sure console is disconnected from the power supply first.

If that doesnt work then there could be a fault with the hard drive or the 360.

You could see if the hard drive works in a friends console but im not sure if using a faulty hard drive in a friends console could cause damage to it. So Maybe wait for other suggestions before doing that
  6. Half Fish Half Win User

Power Supply Issue

It sounds like your Power Supply might be damaged or faulty. I would strongly recommend seeking service support at the

Device Support site
    and request assistance with acquiring a new power supply.

Take care in the meantime. A damaged power supply could potentially do harm to your console or yourself.
Thema:

1. Console could be damaged if removed from power supply? - Similar Threads - Console damaged removed

2. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Not sure if drive or console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not sure if drive or console: I have a 5tb external hard drive, the used to be used for games, but out of knowhere it Stopped being detected by my xbox. My pc detects it when I plug it in, but when I plug it into my xbox, it...
  5. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  6. My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console...: My Xbox one S fan seems loud after it's been deep cleaned. The guy who cleaned the console said the fan was fine and wasn't broken so I'm made to believe that a loud fan is normal?...
  7. Can too much action in a game damage my console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can too much action in a game damage my console?: For example, can in-game explosions or a lot of in-game action damage my console? dfed3f7e-b5d4-4e8f-bbf5-4bf5e4a26c3f
  8. Have I damaged my Xbox One console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have I damaged my Xbox One console?: My Xbox One was console was fine, however, I started moving it around rather roughly and now all the games are very laggy and the console is running quite slow as well. Do you think. I have...
  9. Does power surge count as physical damage to console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does power surge count as physical damage to console: Was installing a game until my made a popping sound and turned off, it will not turn on at all 391957ee-e124-45b0-a2c0-bdf8632a4e94
  10. Why is help on a console is brain damage?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is help on a console is brain damage?: Why is it impossible to talk to chat with Xbox as a deaf woman? Click contact us does nothing and no button for live chat, all I get is terrible auto fill web response stuff. I have been trying to...