Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004)

Discus and support Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I came home from work tismorning tried to play some COD and I get this lovely little error. I went through tried resetting the system, then a hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jason Carver, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Jason Carver
    Jason Carver Guest

I came home from work tismorning tried to play some COD and I get this lovely little error. I went through tried resetting the system, then a hard reset and nothing. I removed my account from the x-box and re-added it and nothing. So the next step it says
    is remove the game from the system. I did that now I put the disk in to reload it and still get the same error code. The disk is not dirty or damaged as it has been in the X-box since the day I bought it and is the only game I play. Looking for some advice
    on what to do next please.

Thanks

Jason

:)

Jason Carver, Nov 15, 2020
  2. FreakRoach Win User

3. DerVaddi Win User

hi,

try to clear blu ray Cache:

following steps: Settings>Disk and Blu-ray>Persistent Storage>Clear
    it 3 times
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi h bluer,

Thank you for coming to the forums. I'd be happy to help.

It seems like the disc reader may be having issues with the initial verification of the license when booting up a game from disc. It's not specific to the type of disc since it seems to not be working on either Xbox One discs or Xbox 360 discs.

Do you happen to have any movie DVD's to try using the Blu-ray player app?

I recommend trying some basic console troubleshooting just to makes sure it's not a software issue we can fix. Go ahead and do a

hard reset and power cycle
    . Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and
    turn on the Xbox.

If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset
    . Make sure to select "keep my games & apps" and have your account login information plus your WIFI password ready because you will need to re-add the account and re-connect to your network.

Let us know if this helps!
  5. denis97g Win User

6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox One not loading Gears of War 4

The error just means that it can't find the licence for the game. So in this case the disk drive did not read the disc, so couldn't find the licence. Try reinserting the disc, then wait about 30 seconds, and try starting the game again.

More info on the error code here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x82D40004
Thema:

1. Console cant read license on disk. Error code (0x82d40004) - Similar Threads - Console cant read

2. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  3. I cant see invites from my friends who are on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant see invites from my friends who are on console: I'm playing the correct version of Minecraft Windows on my computer and I'm trying to join my friends on Xbox. I know they aren't the problem because my friend on pc already has joined. I can't...
  4. Cant sign into apple music app through my Series X console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant sign into apple music app through my Series X console: Hi, I can't seem to log into my new apple music account so i can listen to music through the app on my Xbox, keeps saying login failed, it's the right details I'm putting in. i must tried loads of...
  5. Does anyone know if theres a way to bypass a console suspension i cant even play fortnite...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know if theres a way to bypass a console suspension i cant even play fortnite...: please someone let me know 21b0eabd-efbd-432c-a2ce-68fc4fbe54c3
  6. For people that factory reseted their console and cant download games

in XBoX on Consoles
    For people that factory reseted their console and cant download games: If you had the same issue with me after resetting your console, a fix i did was i went to the microsoft store and it automatically started updating the microsoft store and i also started...
  7. My console was purchased brand new with forza 6 installed now i cant find it hard drive ?????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My console was purchased brand new with forza 6 installed now i cant find it hard drive ?????: My xbox1 console came brand new with forza 6 installed, it just disappeared in the hard drive after mandatory. Update how do i recover. It. 03cbff63-60f5-4a7e-88c0-3646441942f0
  8. Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.: I installed a game on my console so my wife can play with her profile and then i tried playing a completely separate game on my pc through cloud gaming. However it said i had to sign out of my...
  9. Cant Play on 2 Consoles At the Same Time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant Play on 2 Consoles At the Same Time?: Hi, I have followed the directions given in this thread below but still cant play on both consoles at the same time?...
  10. Cant install Gta 5 Xbox Series X|S version to my Series S console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant install Gta 5 Xbox Series X|S version to my Series S console: [img] Hello I brought the Gta 5 from game pass to my Series S console but cant install X|S version it says "doesnt need to be installed" also when i launch the game it looks xbox 360 graphics....