Console ban after system update (Xbox Series X)

Discus and support Console ban after system update (Xbox Series X) in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was playing Warzone last night, then around 9:50 I got disconnected and a message popped up saying my console was banned. This morning I tried to see... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Raiden X, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Raiden X
    Raiden X Guest

I was playing Warzone last night, then around 9:50 I got disconnected and a message popped up saying my console was banned. This morning I tried to see if i could connect to Xbox Live and i was still banned. I figured maybe it was a technical issue so I went to the system settings and it said my Xbox updated around 9:50 which is the same time I got disconnected and banned.

Contacting support was pointless. I can still access my account but that doesn't help because I doubt a console ban would show up there because it hasn't.

The only reason I bought the Xbox was because of GamePass and now I can't use it and still have a few years left on my subscription. Microsoft knows GamePass is one of the biggest reasons people like me chose them over Sony. If anybody else who has a Series X and has been console I would appreciate it if you responded.

:)

Raiden X, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Eddie Gortmaker Win User

I was playing Warzone last night, then around 9:50 I got disconnected and a message popped up saying my console was banned. This morning I tried to see if i could connect to Xbox Live and i was still banned. I figured maybe it was a technical issue so I went to the system settings and it said my Xbox updated around 9:50 which is the same time I got disconnected and banned.

Contacting support was pointless. I can still access my account but that doesn't help because I doubt a console ban would show up there because it hasn't.

The only reason I bought the Xbox was because of GamePass and now I can't use it and still have a few years left on my subscription. Microsoft knows GamePass is one of the biggest reasons people like me chose them over Sony. If anybody else has been console banned I would appreciate it if you responded.
    I also just got console banned for no defined reason
  3. Raiden X Win User

Same for me. I also sent my Xbox in for an hdmi issue.
  4. ngocphi Win User

No noone can help with console bans

If you can access xbox live with your console then it's not a console ban

Just a game console ban which is specific to the game you have to contact the dev for that

Console bans you wouldn't be able to sign in on the console at all online just locally

If you are talking about accessing your profile online on pc or another device yes as console bans are permanent and don't usually affect profiles unless you did something really egregious
  5. RunItUp942722 Win User

Same thing has happened to me. Then I was told numerous times a supervisor wouldn’t be able to help me because the condole ban is disclosed. Which I never had any reports/suspensions or band in the past nor notifications. This all happened After sending in my Console to Microsoft.support with warranty in for an hdmi port issue (issue resolved). However after receiving my console back I started getting black screens with E200 error codes. I presumed to do the manual offline update and after doing so it led me to a million diff failed attempts and game constantly shut off and started over. Now stuck with a banned console to with my closure or word from support. 👎Microsoft
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Raiden

Maybe was just a coincidence between the system update and the console ban
    In any case, Xbox bans are not issued randomly, and even more the ones where the console itself is the one banned.
    If the ban is permanent, unfortunately there is nothing that you or someone here in the forums can do (including Microsoft support)

You may want to check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

“An Xbox device suspension is only issued in extreme cases and for the most serious of violations. Here are a few of the reasons that a device suspension or ban is issued:
    Xbox console tampering, such as physically opening an Xbox console and modifying the hardware to play illegitimate or unauthorized software
    Online fraud, such as phishing, account theft, or other attempts to defraud Microsoft or other players
    Repeated and serious violations of the Microsoft Services Agreement that establish a clear pattern of nefarious activity”
Thema:

1. Console ban after system update (Xbox Series X) - Similar Threads - Console ban system

2. Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway to get a console unbanned when it has been banned for no reason: I have recently tried to play Xbox online and have been banned for nothing and was just wondering if Xbox was a waste of time and money if I can just be wrongfully banned out of nowhere with no...
  3. Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends console got banned for something he didn't do, is the solution to stop supporting...: What can be done about banned consoles? Nothing on why it was banned makes sense. The first 3 reports said it wasn't banned but the 4th said it was banned so what did they mess up with on their...
  4. Console ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console ban: Why is my console banned? I have no enforcements against me. I have not received any emails on why my console has been banned. I can't submit a case review because I don't have anything to submit...
  5. console got banned but no strike.

in XBoX on Consoles
    console got banned but no strike.: While playing MWIII plunder everything goods until this happened. earlier this morning my account can make a purchase I even tried in my friends account after contacting support I manage to...
  6. had my console banned after i was put into danger after xbox did nothing about it

in XBoX on Consoles
    had my console banned after i was put into danger after xbox did nothing about it: can someone help me get my console ban overturned because my family was put into danger by a hacker who watches me on youtube and twitch and the hacker console banned me...
  7. Can I get console banned for using a 3rd part adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get console banned for using a 3rd part adapter?: I was wondering if i would get console banned for using an adapter that allows me to use a ps5 cobtroller on xbox the gulikit goku adapter by aknes to be exact. 82970b09-95f0-4f07-b4b4-d49e7a87dbab
  8. If i get banned from my console on a smurf account could i put my main account on a...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i get banned from my console on a smurf account could i put my main account on a...: I got banned on my console from a smurf account could i add my main to a different xbox without it getting banned? 88515475-8e95-4295-8636-35fac60403d6
  9. How to appeal my console is banned for no reason?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to appeal my console is banned for no reason?: How to appeal my console is banned for no reason, i don't know what I've done why my console is banned? I checked my account there's no active suspensions. 029d44c6-f23e-4ba7-a15d-c03a66f29f17
  10. Xbox is trying to tank their console with their Communication ban system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is trying to tank their console with their Communication ban system.: As any sane person on Xbox knows, the communications ban system is a diabolical twisted and absolutely abhorrent solution to a problem that doesn't exist in the first place. It's supposedly...