Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S

Discus and support Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently acquired an Xbox Series S. For the first couple of days, everything worked out fine. Recently, I’ve been playing multiplayer games such as... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by M. NAC., Sep 28, 2023.

1. M. NAC.
    M. NAC. Guest

I recently acquired an Xbox Series S. For the first couple of days, everything worked out fine.

Recently, I’ve been playing multiplayer games such as Rainbow Six Siege and Fortnite… every 7-10 seconds I completely “rubberband” and lag spike with ping rates as high as 500-700.

I have a brand new Xfinity modem with XFi pod wifi boosters, my internet connection is FAST!! Yet somehow my multiplayer simply cannot run smoothly. It is completely UNPLAYABLE. Everything worked fine on my PS4, but since switching to Xbox, this lag spike issue has me questioning my decision of switching to Microsoft. I was really excited to make the switch from Sony to Microsoft… but this issue is giving me second thoughts on Microsoft. Very big disappointment.

I have tried numerous remedies such as hard restarting the Xbox, restarting my router, and many others. I need to know why this is a persistent issue with many Xbox owners and how we can solve it. I did not spend $300 on a console for it to be a disappointment. This is clearly an issue that many Xbox Series X/S owners are dealing with, there needs to be a solution.

:)

M. NAC., Sep 28, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello M. NAC.,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing consistent ping spikes on your brand new Xbox Series S. This can be very frustrating and affect your gaming experience. There are a few possible causes and solutions for this issue.

It could be that your console's firmware or software is outdated or corrupted. To check this, you can go to Settings > System > Updates & downloads. Make sure that your console is up to date with the latest system update and that all your games and apps are updated as well. If you see any pending updates, install them and restart your console. You can also try clearing the cache on your console by holding the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down, then unplugging the power cord for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

It could also be that there is interference or congestion on your network or the game server. This can happen if there are too many devices connected to your network or if the game server is overloaded with players. To reduce interference, you can try changing the wireless channel on your router or using a different frequency band (such as 5 GHz instead of 2.4 GHz). To reduce congestion, you can try playing at a different time of day when there are fewer players online or switching to a different game server if possible.

Please see:Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection | Xbox Support / Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding
  4. WWJCDjohn316 YAHWEHi Win User

Xbox Series S has large ping spikes and high latency

I am having a the same issues. Although my ping spikes aren't as significantly high as yours. I have the best Internet coverage available that Xfinity has to offer. The more this becomes an issue for me the more I am considering to switch my console from a Xbox Series S to an X. My question is will this solve anything?
  5. HiEF Win User

New Xbox?

Yeah, there are already 2 brand new consoles the Xbox series X and the Xbox Series S. I think that the new Xbox series X is amazing, but I expect it will be along time before a new console is develpoped.
  6. LuisZuniga2 Win User

Warranty repair returned wrong

I had the same problem but I sent a series s controller and I got a one s controller in return, and the series s controller I sent came with my Xbox, brand new
Thema:

1. Consistent Ping Spikes on Brand New Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Consistent Ping Spikes

2. High Ping only In 1 Game

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Ping only In 1 Game: Hi, I live in northwest louisiana and i’m having network issues with a certain game which is rainbow six siege. They have a server in dallas texas called South Central US servers. For some reason...
  3. Consistent issues with saving in multiple games

in XboX Insiders
    Consistent issues with saving in multiple games: I’ve been sending error reports about this issue for a long time now and have read a lot of people having the exact same issue, so I’ll try posting here. Many games on Xbox Series S are having...
  4. My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x is consistently getting 160ms ping but 0% packet loss and 100mb/s speed over...: Every time I do that detailed network statistics, I get 155ms to 165ms of latency but 0% packet loss on both wifi as well as ethernet connection. Although all of my other devices get ping of...
  5. Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Detailed Network Statistics rapidly changing causing horrible lag, never consistent, any...: My network speed and statistics are rapidly changing, I can’t get consistent results. I test it several times in a row and it never stays the same. One minute it’s great, the next minute it’s...
  6. Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation: I am trying to set my account's home Xbox onto my friend's Xbox so that she can play all the games that I have, but when she went to go make my account's home Xbox onto hers, it said it had 0/5...
  7. Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?: I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find incredibly frustrating is that either the LB or RB or...
  8. Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Exclamation mark next to games I own/consistently play: So this little exclamation mark popped up so I looked it up and people said it a license thing. Issue is idk how that works because I bought these games. Some of them are gamepass/on an external...
  9. Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller consistently loses connection to the Xbox and then reconnects a...: I purchased a Series X in July,at first there were no issues with connectivity, however, in the past month I have had issues with the controller dropping connection. I have tried different...
  10. Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft consistently mislead about XBox cloud storage limits and and their...: I am asking this because my autistic 8 year-old daughter loves playing Minecraft on XBox Series X. It's her happy place--where she goes for solace. She spends hours building all kinds of things....