Connection issues Technicolor TC8305C Modem/Router Comcast

Discus and support Connection issues Technicolor TC8305C Modem/Router Comcast in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Are the random game disconnects only happening over wifi or are they also happening while connect to the device via ethernet?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ambooty9000, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Ambooty9000
    Ambooty9000 Guest

Are the random game disconnects only happening over wifi or are they also happening while connect to the device via ethernet?

:)

Ambooty9000, Jan 4, 2015
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    NAT issues with Xfinity Technicolor TC8305C modem

Hey there JoiningOdin1990!

Sorry to hear about the connection issues!

This is a known issue with the Technicolor TC8305C gateways firmware, which you can have a look at the

Technicolor Known Issues post for more information. Unfortunately the main fix is to either add a new router that is known to work without disconnection issues and call Comcast to set it to bridge mode for you, or replace the Technicolor gateway all together
    with a router and modem set up.

I hope you get up and running soon! Connection issues Technicolor TC8305C Modem/Router Comcast :)

Mister Beep, Jan 4, 2015
  3. DangerousBard, Jan 4, 2015
  4. scott272
    scott272 Guest

Random game disconnects will only happen over wifi they shouldn't happen while connected via the ethernet.

scott272, Jan 4, 2015
  5. DangerousBard Win User

Can't Connect To Network

There is a known issue with the modem Technicolor TC8305C, generally this is caused by the connecting cable. You should contact Comcast support and report this issue.
  6. scott272 Win User

Random game disconnects will only happen over wifi they shouldn't happen while connected via the ethernet.
  7. taidara Win User

Xbox 360 "Disconnected From Xbox Live Message"

Sorry for the late reply!

Firstly: There's an ongoing issue with the latest version of firmware that was pushed out by Comcast for the Technicolor TC8305C (Xfinity custome firmware), which has been the subject of connectivity problems for Xbox customers trying to connect Xbox Live.
    I'm not sure if Comcast have an estimation on when to expect an update to fix the problem with the current running version of firmware for the TC8305C.

Secondly: If you have an additional router, then you can, with the help of your ISP, set your Technicolor TC8305C to be operating in bridge mode. In this mode, the TC8305C will only function as a standard modem, while an additional router can function as
    the NAT device.

If you need help with bridge mode, consult your ISP, and they can help you configure this mode.
  8. Mister Beep Win User

NAT issues with Xfinity Technicolor TC8305C modem

Hey there JoiningOdin1990!

Sorry to hear about the connection issues!

This is a known issue with the Technicolor TC8305C gateways firmware, which you can have a look at the

Technicolor Known Issues post for more information. Unfortunately the main fix is to either add a new router that is known to work without disconnection issues and call Comcast to set it to bridge mode for you, or replace the Technicolor gateway all together
    with a router and modem set up.

I hope you get up and running soon! :)
  9. wwbVC Win User

Xbox Live Connection Dropping every 15 minutes or so.

Everyone that is having problems with connecting to cod or destiny and has the technicolor Tc8305c needs to either switch their modem with Comcast or whoever they've got or get their own modem. The technicolor is not compatible with Xbox. I have not even
    been able to play games online because of connection drops. Switching the modem will fix everything.
Thema:

1. Connection issues Technicolor TC8305C Modem/Router Comcast - Similar Threads - Connection issues Technicolor

2. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  3. Xbox party and game connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party and game connection issue: I’m currently at college and I’m trying to play Xbox with other people here. When we try to connect to an Xbox party nobody can connect and it gets disbanded. This occurs with some games like...
  4. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. HardWare Connectivity Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    HardWare Connectivity Issue: Hey, recently I’ve been having trouble with the connectivity on my console , it won’t recognise any networks or anything. I keep receiving an error message saying something about restarting my...
  7. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  8. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  9. Xbox connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox connection issues: My xbox won't connect to the Internet IPv4 IP address is showing 0.0.0.0however there is an IPv6 address but no option to select it and automatic choice only gives IPv4 option. How can I resolve...
  10. what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?: I have an Xbox One and Xbox X - both have issues with the internet connection dropping or not connecting. 1. Xbox One is obviously older but has the same issue as the Xbox X 2. Xbox X was...