Connection issues due to new router

Discus and support Connection issues due to new router in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just changed ISP & now my series X doesn't connect to Internet sometimes, tried changing upnp with no difference, what else can I try?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ian Smith7, Apr 30, 2024.

1. Ian Smith7
    Ian Smith7 Guest

I've just changed ISP & now my series X doesn't connect to Internet sometimes, tried changing upnp with no difference, what else can I try?

:)

Ian Smith7, Apr 30, 2024
  2. juan van Win User

Cannot connect possibly due to router issue.

This sounds like you have the answer - a weak signal - when you do the test with out manually setting anything and joining the network - does it get to the internet part of the test?
  3. Mister Fitzer Win User

Hey mate, can you please post the full error message you're receiving when the test fails? While you're at it, please take a few minutes to read

this post
    and then answer those questions back in your thread. Thanks!
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

You can follow the steps listed
    here
    to resolve that MTU issue.

Please let me know how it goes!
  5. Fronti3rJustic3 Win User

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, Texas.

Modem brand & model number: Verizon, A90-9100EM15-10

Router brand & model number: Linksys, WRT600N

Network Connection Type: Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown

Is NAT Type Open? No, moderate.

Any Error Codes you encounter: none.

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? DSL

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Verizon

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? I get all kinds of different errors when testing, but this is one as I am posting this:

Your network doesn't have a sufficient MTU setting. Xbox LIVE requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364.

On your PC, go to your router configuration webpage and set the MTU to auto, or 1364 or higher. If that doesn't work, disconnect your console from the router and connect directly to the modem.

Get help with MTU settings at www.xbox.com/networkhelp.

Have your corrected your router's MTU settings, or are you connected directly to the modem? (don't know how to set MTU settings and i am not connected to the modem.)

^ I received that error when the connection failed between the Internet and Xbox LIVE.
  6. Fronti3rJustic3 Win User

I get the error between the internet and LIVE.
Thema:

1. Connection issues due to new router - Similar Threads - Connection issues due

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  4. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  5. Issue with Xbox Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Connectivity: Recently, both of my controllers are unable to connect to the Xbox. I believe there might be an issue with the Xbox's connectivity. What should I do? 346e4c6a-77d4-482c-b8b2-993086e8e011
  6. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  7. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  8. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  9. Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X connection issues due to changing ISP & router: I've just changed my ISP & router & I'm having difficulty connecting to Internet, NAT type is allover the place, tried changing upnp settings with no joy, are there any other setting that need...
  10. Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Another issue of can't download 360 profile due to no connection. What's the deal with this?: Series X will not allow 360 profile download, I am at my wits end. We upgraded to the series X for it's renowned supposed compatibility so we could maintain playability of our COD Zombie...