Connection Issues? Check here! - List of Common Issues

Discus and support Connection Issues? Check here! - List of Common Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there everyone! I'm seeing quite some people having the same issues, so I thought why not make a post explaining how to resolve the issue or to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brosky aP, May 21, 2015.

1. Brosky aP
    Brosky aP Guest

Hey there everyone!

I'm seeing quite some people having the same issues, so I thought why not make a post explaining how to resolve the issue or to provide more information.

Let's start shall we?

Table of Contents

I cannot join chat due to network issues

My NAT type stays on strict/closed/moderate

DNS not resolving Xbox Live Servers

I get disconnected from Xbox Live a lot

Handy Links

Basic Steps

NAT

You can easily check this by performing the following actions:

1. Go to the Xbox Home

2. Press the Menu button on your controller, a menu should open

3. Click on Settings

4. Once in the Settings menu, go to Network

5. You should see "NAT Type:" there which shows your current NAT type

Restarting your modem/router

There should be a button on your Router/Modem to turn it off completely. After you've pressed that button and your Router/Modem is turned off, press it again to turn it back on.

If there's no off button on your Router/Modem, pull out the power cord. Once the Router/Modem is turned off completely, put the power cord back in and it should start back up.

Changing the DNS Settings

Here are a couple steps you'll have to perform to change your DNS settings:

1. Go to the Xbox Home

2. Press the Menu button on your controller, a menu should open

3. Click on Settings

4. Next, go to Network > Advanced settings > DNS settings

5. Change the Primary DNS to 8.8.8.8

6. Change the Secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4

I cannot join chat due to network issues

Here's a couple things you should check first:

• Is your NAT type OPEN?
    You can check if your NAT is open by performing the steps listed here.

If your current NAT is not OPEN, but something like "Strict, Moderate or Closed", please look here on
    how to open the required ports for Xbox Live.

• Restart your Router/Modem
    You could try restarting your router/modem. If you do not know how to do this, you can follow the steps as listed here.

• Wireless or Wired?
    Sometimes it might help to change your wired connection to a wireless connection or vise versa.

• Connecting to your modem directly
    Unless you're already connected directly to your modem, try connecting a network cable from your Xbox One directly to your modem. Sometimes the router could cause the issues.

• I tried everything but it did not work!
    Hmm, that probably means that the issue is a little more complicated! Please create a new thread explaining the issue in full detail. Also please add the bold questions listed at the bottom of this thread in your new thread and answer
    them. Doing so will make it easier for everyone to understand your network setup.

My NAT type stays on strict/closed/moderate

Here's a couple things you can do at first:

You could try restarting your router/modem. If you do not know how to do this, you can follow the steps as listed here.

• Wireless or Wired?
    Sometimes it might help to change your wired connection to a wireless connection or vise versa.

Hmm, that probably means that the issue is a little more complicated! Please create a new thread explaining the issue in full detail. Also please add the bold questions listed at the bottom of this thread in your new thread and answer
    them. Doing so will make it easier for everyone to understand your network setup.

DNS not resolving Xbox Live Servers

Unless you're already connected directly to your modem, try connecting a network cable from your Xbox One directly to your modem. Sometimes the router could cause the issues.

• Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
    Ask your ISP if there are any issues with their connections, or if they might be blocking the DNS connections.

• Changing the automatic DNS settings
    It might help to tweak the DNS settings a little. You can find how to do this here.

I get disconnected from Xbox Live a lot

• Wireless or Wired?

Handy Links

START HERE for Connection Troubleshooting!

Xbox Live Status

:)

Brosky aP, May 21, 2015
  2. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    NAT or Connection Issues - Check Here!

Hi folks! Many users have reported issues with connectivity in Call of Duty games on Xbox One. For example, your Xbox may show a fully open NAT, but the Multiplayer menu shows Moderate or Strict. This is because Activision games use a separate set of ports
    which also need to be forwarded to avoid matchmaking issues. In addition to the standard Xbox-only ports (shown

here
    ) try forwarding the following ports:

3075 (UDP)

3076 (UDP)

This resulted in an Open NAT in-game for me, and I hope it helps you, too!

Jaymo1978, May 21, 2015
  3. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Connection

Hello!

I would attempt some of the standard troubleshooting to see if something common (and simple) will fix it.

• Hard reset of the Xbox One
    • Rebooting the modem and any other networking equipment

Tormaz, May 21, 2015
  4. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Terms and Conditions Issues? Check Here!

5. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Terms and Conditions Issues? Check Here!

UPDATE:

To Everyone:

Please DO NOT post on this thread. If the solutions on this thread did not work for you, please refer to the last solution and make a new thread and answer to the questions. This will make it easier for
    us to help you.

Thank you.
  6. Catherine Cus. Win User

Cannot connect to Xbox Live on Windows 10

Hi,

There are several possible reasons as to why you're encountering this issue. Here's a list of the common factors:

• Corrupted app data
    • An outdated version of the Xbox app
    • An outdated Windows 10 OS
    • A network interruption

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Is your device connected to a wired or a wireless network?
    • Are you able to sign in to
      Xbox.com
      ?
  7. SoupaBuoy Win User

Match making problems with fifa 20

This sounds like a problem on EAs end - maybe there's a problem connecting to their servers? Have you checked a FIFA 20 forum to see if this is a common issue?
  8. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Ferrari 458 Spider steering wheel connection issues

Thema:

1. Connection Issues? Check here! - List of Common Issues - Similar Threads - Connection Issues Check

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  4. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  5. Issue with Xbox Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Connectivity: Recently, both of my controllers are unable to connect to the Xbox. I believe there might be an issue with the Xbox's connectivity. What should I do? 346e4c6a-77d4-482c-b8b2-993086e8e011
  6. Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar issue while connected in party: Over the last week or so i’ve noticed my game bar having issues while i’m in party chat. I’ll be able to hear my friends and talk no problem, then suddenly all sound from the party is gone, can’t...
  7. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  8. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" issue: Recently I've been having a lot of issues with being unable to join my family in Minecraft. I am trying to get a Nintendo Switch to join a PC world. They are both on bedrock edition, both have...
  9. Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection Issues: My Xbox is connecting to my WiFi but won't let me play games or start a party/join them i am being given error code 0x80032003 and error code 0x80004005. It is also displaying my friends list with...
  10. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...