Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller

Discus and support Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It startet yesterday evening, when my controller turned itself off while I was playing. I didn't think much of it, just turned it on again and played... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by llzr1, Feb 16, 2024.

1. llzr1
    llzr1 Guest

It startet yesterday evening, when my controller turned itself off while I was playing. I didn't think much of it, just turned it on again and played on. But it happened more frequently afterwards, up to the point where the controller turned off every 10 seconds and basically became unusable. After turning it on, the controller connected to my laptop and 10 seconds later turned itself off once again.

So I did the next sensible thing, I went and researched a little what the issue might be and some possible fixes. I updated the controller via the XBOX Accessories app, but that only lead to a state where I couldn't turn it on at all. Now then I tried a factory reset, deleting my bluetooth connection between the controller and my laptop and then connecting them via cable (without batteries). Nothing changed.

Does anybody have an idea on what causes this and how to fix it? Cheers

:)

llzr1, Feb 16, 2024
  2. ISHC4KES Win User

Console won't search for potential wireless controllers

3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

left stick drift

When I connect a wireless controller, the left analog stick is stuck in down position. This is brand new controller, and have had other controllers do the same . But if I connect these controllers with a cable they work fine. Does anyone know
    of a way to make it where I can use wireless controllers with my system, so my family can play games with me again
    Are you connecting these wireless controllers via Bluetooth, or using the Xbox Wireless Adapter?

If the controllers are working fine when connecting via wire, then it sounds like the controllers themselves are fine, and it's possibly a driver issue, or a wireless connection issue.
  4. greg_window10_instal Win User

2 Xbox1 controllers wont work, need help.

Hello Hax0R246,

"am I being stupid".... No, everyone has trouble from time to time. But, let me suggest following up with a couple of things, "Connect a wireless
    Xbox One controller to your console
    " and "Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect" . Let us know if you continue to have
    issues connecting the controller to your Xbox.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/connect-a-wireless-controller
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

my xbox series x controller sudddenly stopped connecting to pc

6. XBF Meryem R Win User

xbox wireless controller, driver error

Thema:

1. Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller - Similar Threads - Connection issue Wireless

2. Xbox having connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox having connection issues: My roommates and I have three xboxes total in our house. Two days ago they all started having the same issue. We keep getting kicked offline, and our consoles say they can't connect to the...
  3. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  4. Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues: Trouble with F1 22 causing weird connection issues Hey everyone I just bought F1 22 for Xbox One. After installing it for the first time on my first gen Xbox One, I was experiencing several...
  5. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  6. Wireless connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless connection issue: Hello, for the past few years my xbox has been doing this thing where it just doesn't connect to my wifi, and I used to be able to fix it by going into the network settings and I think either...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  8. what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?: I have an Xbox One and Xbox X - both have issues with the internet connection dropping or not connecting. 1. Xbox One is obviously older but has the same issue as the Xbox X 2. Xbox X was...
  9. Wireless Internet Connectivity Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Internet Connectivity Issues: I was playing on my Xbox the other day and everything was going good and then today when I loaded it up it wasn’t connected to the Internet. I tried reconnecting as I thought it was maybe my...
  10. Xbox connection issues with Ethernet and wireless

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox connection issues with Ethernet and wireless: Hi sorry I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this but here we are. My Xbox will randomly disconnect from my Ethernet cable then won’t connect back for days are weeks at a time randomly...