Connection: Hit Offline

Discus and support Connection: Hit Offline in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was playing some game battles on Ghosts. We beat this team. Of course theres a second game to it and they wanted to host it. The rules were that I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Evan TBG, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Evan TBG
    Evan TBG Guest

So I was playing some game battles on Ghosts. We beat this team. Of course theres a second game to it and they wanted to host it. The rules were that I host it. So I said no. They said let us host and I let them. Of course we
    end up losing. So I said it wasn't fair that they won. So we got into an argument. They ended up kicking me from the party and kicked me off Xbox Live. So I restarted my router, went back to my Xbox and it still will not connect. Heres the catch, I can connect
    to all my other wireless devices. My brothers Xbox even connects! Any help? Thanks for taking your time into reading this.

-Evan

:)

Evan TBG, Jan 24, 2014
  2. Hit offline

I was hit offline by a username .Only guns. So watch out I wasn’t even in the same game he joined my party and hit me offline

Footba11star48, Jan 24, 2014
  3. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Hit offline

The Denial-of-Service attack is focused at a specific IP addresse. Change it, and the attack no longer affects you.

0) Go on a computer to www.ipchicken.com and record the current external IP addresse.

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that
    light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may or may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.

8) Go back to computer to
    www.ipchicken.com
    and compare the external IP addresse. If it did not change, contact your ISP and ask them for help in changing it.

VibroPlex, Jan 24, 2014
  4. Jyxa
    Jyxa Guest

Hello xOBLiViiOUS!

-

Strange how restarting your router didn't work. Did you make sure to turn off your console and router for 5 to 10 minutes? If so, then you may want to call your ISP and get your IP address changed. Your console uses a different IP from your other devices,
    so disconnecting it and reconnecting to the network should've worked. Keep in mind that your ISP should be able to identify the attacker. Here's more information on DoS attacks:

support.xbox.com/.../dos-attacks-faq
    Report the attack to your ISP, and don't forget to contact GameBattles and report the player(s) involved. When you get back online, file a complaint on the player(s) and avoid them.

-

This issue is common with GameBattles, so be careful in future matches. Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: