Connecting Xbox Series X with Sound Bar and TV not Working

Discus and support Connecting Xbox Series X with Sound Bar and TV not Working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m dealing with an issue with the connection between my Xbox, sound bar, and TV. I have my Xbox Series X hooked up to the HDMI eArc port on my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jewski99, Nov 3, 2022.

1. /u/jewski99
    /u/jewski99 Guest

I’m dealing with an issue with the connection between my Xbox, sound bar, and TV.

I have my Xbox Series X hooked up to the HDMI eArc port on my Samsung Q800a sound bar, the sound bar is then connected to my Samsung TU7000’s HDMI 2 eARC port. However, this connection does not seem to work because when I switch my sound bar to the eARC input the Xbox will not work. It only works when the sound bar is on the normal HDMI input.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and know a fix or better way to connect this to make sure I am getting the most out of all my devices? Thanks.

submitted by /u/jewski99
    [link] [comments]

/u/jewski99, Nov 3, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Connecting series x, LG CX, and Vizio 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos

I'm going off that the OP was going to connect the Xbox to the sound bar then the sound bar to the TV, this route would require the sound bar to have HDMI 2.1 to retain 4K at 120hz for the TV

"If I hook up my series x to sounder and sounder to my LG CX"

"So if I pass the xbox through soundbar to tv, not sure if I will lose some of the features (VRR, 4k 120FPs, etc)?"

If they can connect the Xbox straight to the TV then the TV connects to the sound bar, they should be fine and everything works.
  3. Chainsaw Monday Win User

Certain games on my Xbox series x launch with no sound

I also have the same setup. Xbox Series X conneted to Samsung TV via HDMI. Samsung TV connected to a Klipsch sound bar via HDMI ARC. Experiencing the same issue described by many others.
  4. Viper7Gamer Win User

Xbox One X setup with Soundbar

Hello JasonEvans16,

If you have a 4K TV I would connect the Xbox One X HDMI to the TV. Then connect the optical out of the Xbox One X to your sound bar. That way you won't have to worry about degrading your video quality. Most sound bars don't have 4K passthrough.
  5. BlakePenfield Win User

Xbox Seriex X - Atmos 7.1 Audio Clipping

Same issue here.

I’ve got my Series X hooked up to a brand new LG C2 using the HDMI cord that came with the Series X.

I’ve got an Atmos-enabled Vizio sound bar (5.1 + two height speakers in the sound bar) hooked into the TV’s HDMI-Arc port.

I have no issues with Atmos sound when playing games on Series X. I have no issues when watching Atmos-compatible movies in streaming apps like Apple or Disney+.

But, when I play an Atmos-enabled 4K Blu-ray Disc on the Series X blu-ray app, I get this weird audio buffer after a few minutes. The movie may go 20 minutes without, but once is starts going it gets more consistent. This issue persists regardless of which Atmost-enabled 4K Blu-ray I use.

I’ve tried messing with the settings - switching back and forth on allowing pass through, etc.

Funny thing is, on my older TV (a TCL Series 6 which was not VRR or 120 hz compatible) I had zero issues. My Series X would play Atmos 4K blu-rays no problem. Only difference I can think of is that on my old setup I hooked the Series X directly into the input of the sound bar and then output from the sound bar into the TV (it was the only way I could get Atmos to work on the old TCL Series 6). On my current set up with the LG C2 I don’t do that because passing the Series X through the sound bar would take away the VRR and 120 hz capabilities my new TV can do.

Can anyone help?
  6. XBF - Amory Win User

Xbox sound going out when blue ray movie was exited out of

Hello there, let's see if we can figure out what's going on here.

1. Can you provide the model of the Xbox console--like, is this an Xbox Series X, or is it an Xbox One X, etc.?
    2. Do you have any additional sound devices (soundbar connected to the Xbox directly or to the TV)?
      • If so, can you try just testing if the sound works when it's connected with just the TV?
    3. Does the sound work if you connect to the on-board aux on the controller (the headphone jack)?
    4. Are you fully updated on the Xbox?
Thema:

1. Connecting Xbox Series X with Sound Bar and TV not Working - Similar Threads - Connecting Series Sound

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  10. How do I connect my external sonos sound system to the xbox X (not series)

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect my external sonos sound system to the xbox X (not series): I’ve had the first generation Xbox for a while now. I just upgraded and bought the Xbox X, however, there’s no audio coming out of my Sonos sound system. With the first generation Xbox, the sound...