Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.

Discus and support Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an XBox 360 Slim model that I now need to move off my HDTV onto a PC Monitor. I purchased a 3rd party cable set that allows me to connect my PC... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxSensFanInOHxx, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.

I have an XBox 360 Slim model that I now need to move off my HDTV onto a PC Monitor. I purchased a 3rd party cable set that allows me to connect my PC monitor via VGA using these cables. However, the PC Monitor has no internal speakers. The cable has two
    RCA connectors (male red and male white) for the audio.

My question is, what would be recommended speakers to use for this? Will any speakers capable of accepting the male RCA connections work or is there perhaps a recommended (smaller-size) speaker set that would give me a left and right speaker so I get a stereo
    sound? I don't want to use my headphones - that's for voice communications and would be too distracting getting voice comm. plus game sounds, especially in 1st person shooters like Halo games.

Thank you for any assistance!

:)

xxSensFanInOHxx, Dec 25, 2016
  2. dc2000
    dc2000 Guest
    Issues connecting my 360 to a monitor via VGA cable with the new dashboard update

Hi everyone:

I have an older XBox 360, bought in around 2007, that I've been always playing with my friend via system link connected to my computer's monitor via a VGA cable. Like this one: damn can't post links. Annoying site!

So fast forward to now -- I haven't played it for over a year -- but now my buddy was in town, we got the Saints Row 3 game and decided to play again. Right before playing the console said that I needed an update. So we went through a rigmarole of connecting it via ethernet cable, then downloaded and installed something after which the dashboard looked totally new -- like those Windows 8 computers now. I should say that due to the layout of my apartment, I had to connect this Xbox to my TV fist via RCA cable to download and install the dashboard update.

OK. So, now when I try to connect this 360 to my monitor using the VGA cable, the monitor stays dark as if nothing is connected to it but the xbox itself seems to work (I can hear the sounds of the loading dashboard and I can click joystick too.) I also tested the monitor. If I connect my computer via a VGA port it seems to work just fine. We also tested my friend's xbox (also with the latest dashboard update) to connect via the VGA cable and the same thing -- dark screen as if nothing is connected to it. Note also that both xboxes work if connected to a TV with an RCA cable.

So what is up with this VGA connection? And why doesn't it work anymore?

PS. I'm using the exact same hardware -- I know it worked before -- the only difference is that dashboard update. Is there any way to roll it back? It is very frustrating!!!

dc2000, Dec 25, 2016
  3. TheMartinG
    TheMartinG Guest
    Where will you be putting The Big O at?

In the same spot my 360 is currently on, right under the TV. The 360 will join the Dreamcast next to the PC, connected to my monitor with a vga or hdmi cable

TheMartinG, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.

xxSensFanInOHxx, Dec 26, 2016
  5. xxSensFanInOHxx Win User

6. RavenxKnight Win User

please help

Personally i wouldn't ask Radioshack.

Use the Xbox 360 VGA High-Definition AV cable to connect the gaming console to a PC monitor. The Xbox 360 VGA cable connects to the PC monitor's VGA port to render HD graphics. The cable is also equipped with standard red and white audio plugs for stereo
    connection. Purchase the eight-foot shielded VGA cable directly from Xbox.com. As of February 2011, the Xbox 360 VGA HD AV cable retains for $39.99.

Step 1

Turn off the Xbox 360 and remove the power cord from the back panel of the console.

Step 2

Turn off the monitor and remove its power cord.

Step 3

Plug the VGA end of the connector cable into the VGA port of the monitor.

Step 4

Insert the other end of the cable into the AV port on the back panel of the Xbox 360.

Step 5

Plug the cable's red and white audio connectors into the red and white audio jacks of your stereo equipment.

Step 6

Reconnect the Xbox power cord. Connect the monitor's power cable.

Step 7

Power on the Xbox 360 and the monitor. The Xbox Dashboard will load to the monitor display.
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

D-Sub Fora de escala 67.4kHz / 60Hz [Translation-D-Sub Out of range 67.4kHz / 60Hz] (R E S O L V I D O)

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

It's best to simplify the connections from your Xbox 360 console to your display if possible. If you have The Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable, then these are the steps to connect to your monitor:

1. Connect the A/V connector on the VGA cable to the A/V port on the console.
    2. Connect the VGA connector on the VGA cable to the VGA port on your HDTV or monitor.
    3. Connect the left and right (white and red) audio connectors on the VGA cable to the audio port on the monitor.
    4. Turn on the monitor and console.

Make sure you are also connecting the red and white audio connectors to the monitor.
  8. IceStorm III Win User

Connecting an Xbox to either a PC or PC monitor

[quote user="Ces Les Beast"]I was wondering if its possible to connect my xbox 360 to my pc via USB and then use that to display though the PC's monitor and/or use the sound drivers to use the pc's speakers[/quote]No.
    If that's not possible can u use
    a USB to link the xbox to my monitor
    No.
    My monitor doesn't have an HDMI connection
    There are HDMI to DVI cables. There are digital audio to analog audio adapters. There are also VGA cables for 360s that have an AV port (the 360 E does
    not).
  9. WPAK Win User

what are the differences between xbox 360 4gb slim and 250 gb slim,

Ok, since there is only a HDMI output on the xbox 360 E console, you might want to consider trying to find the Slim console, since that will allow you to use the 'Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable' cable (support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-360-console-tv)
    to connect the xbox 360 slim console to your monitor.

But you won't have any sound untill you have something that can output sound. Via either the red/white cables or the optical out on the console.
Thema:

1. Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor. - Similar Threads - Connecting 360 Slim

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim not connecting to internet: My Xbox 360 Slim has never connected to my internet, I want to fix it. when I go to the network setup, it connects to the Wi-Fi router, but fails to connect to the internet in the second step. I...
  4. Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim won’t connect to my network: basically what the title says I have been trying to connect to my xbox 360 slim to the internet to download my old profile from xbox live however I cannot connect to my wireless network. Every...
  5. 360 slim won’t connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim won’t connect to the internet: I have two Xbox 360 slims and they won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Is there anything I can do to fix them so I can play on them? I’ve tried my home Wi-Fi and my phone hotspot...
  6. How do i connect a Xbox 360 HD AV cable with a xbox 360 e super slim?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect a Xbox 360 HD AV cable with a xbox 360 e super slim?: I want better grahpics but i need help 11a7f217-080a-4e82-b74d-a17cd39496fa
  7. 360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 slim refuses to connect to wireless network, even after factory resets and clearing cache.: Hello. I have connected to the internet a lot on this 360 in the past, and now it doesn't connect to the internet. I do the test but it ends right at the start, and says its unable to connect to...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim Says It needs a Wireless Networking Adapter to Connect to WiFi.: So My Xbox 360 Slim Just Disconnected me from the WiFi and I tried to Reconnect but it said, something like To be able to connect to the wireless network I need the Adabtor...etc. Although Ik the...
  9. Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Open Range Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot.: Open Range (Hotspots) Freedom 4G Modem: My Xbox 360 Slim won't fully connect to my phone's hot spot. My old Xbox 360 S connected to my phone's hot spot no problem.Now i have a new xbox 360 s cuz...
  10. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84