Connecting to Live via Network Bridge

Discus and support Connecting to Live via Network Bridge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I used to do this often back on an older computer with Windows 7 on it, but we have a new one now with Windows 8.1 installed. For a long while... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WelcomedDread, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Connecting to Live via Network Bridge

Hello,

I used to do this often back on an older computer with Windows 7 on it, but we have a new one now with Windows 8.1 installed. For a long while I didn't need to do this but now I do. Anyways, I've tried to set up a network bridge in the Network Center via
    my laptops wireless connection like I used to and I get an error code and it refuses to connect. How do I fix this? It used to work flawlessly.

:)

WelcomedDread, Sep 21, 2014
  2. Quickze
    Quickze Guest
    Cant Optain IP Adress!?? Network Bridge?

Ok so i have been connected to xbox live via network bridge for months but recently changed from 10 meg internet to 30 meg internet therefore needed a new router ever since everytime i try to connect to xbox live it dosnt get passed the connecting to network
    part and says "cant obtain ip address"? any ideas?

Quickze, Sep 21, 2014
  3. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    xbox internet problems

What you are wanting to do is either a Network Bridge, or Internet Connection Sharing. For more info on ICS or how to bridge a connection, visit:

support.xbox.com/.../home

Miss Portia, Sep 21, 2014
  4. Connecting to Live via Network Bridge

DangerousBard, Sep 21, 2014
  5. DangerousBard Win User

6. taidara Win User

Xbox Live via bridge connection

Hey there JGF!

It might be that the college campus where you live and work are blocking the network ports used by Xbox LIVE.

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)

Do you have a personal firewall installed on your computer?

[quote user="JGFunkLives"]When I try to connect to Live it shows up with a MAC filtering error. I used cmd ipconfig /all on my laptop to get an alternate MAC address to input on Live which ended up not working and I got the same error. [/quote] Did you setup
    as following:
    http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs2/100-how-to-connect-to-xbox-live-at-uni-or-college

Post back and let us know how it goes.
  7. Photonimus Win User

Also a note, many college internet networks are setup to not allow for using devices such as video game consoles.
  8. Jonathan Gin Win User

On a side note, you can't just change the IP address slightly because you may run into a conflict with someone else using that static IP address. Your boss may be issuing those out specifically. If your laptop is "off", you may be able to completely mirror
    those settings and not run into any issues. Not sure if they also use MAC filtering as a way to also control the traffic. If so you should be able to retrieve the MAC address from your wireless laptop adapter and set up your xbox's Alternate MAC Address as
    that. Try connecting to LIVE with your laptop OFF after that to see if you get any more conflicts.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

broadband stick

@ Shad0wmanUK: The OP is attempting to use either ICS or a networking bridge to connect their console to the Live via their computer. The 'Broadband Stick' is a 3G mobile Internet dongle. I provided the OP with the official link for connecting via this
    method in a previous post, but they appear to be having problems. I'm sure you can give them more help than me.
Thema:

1. Connecting to Live via Network Bridge - Similar Threads - Connecting Live via

2. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9
  3. Can't connect to Xbox Live on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to Xbox Live on Xbox 360 via Backwards Compatibility: Hey, So earlier today I was playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 via Backwards Compatibility on Xbox 360 when suddenly my connection cut out. Since then I have been unable to connect to Xbox Live...
  4. Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.: Does anyone have a fix to a problem that I just came across not being able to sign into Xbox Live on a backwards compatible game? I have an achievement session for Halo 3 but cannot participate...
  5. Can’t connect to Xbox live via COD modern warfare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t connect to Xbox live via COD modern warfare: Hey team , i cant seem to connect to the COd server to play modern warfare . i have done all the normal things , unplugged everything and started over and no luck . internet is working fine as...
  6. Can’t connect to Xbox live via Xfinity wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect to Xbox live via Xfinity wifi: Ive been trying to connect my xbox to xfinity wifi for almost 2 days. Ive tried resetting my xbox and when i go to try and connect to my xfinity wifi, it says, “cannot connect to DHCP server.” Can...
  7. : XBOX LIVE NÃO CONSIGO CONECTAR VIA CABO [Translate] XBOX LIVE CAN'T CONNECT VIA CABLE

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : XBOX LIVE NÃO CONSIGO CONECTAR VIA CABO [Translate] XBOX LIVE CAN'T CONNECT VIA CABLE: : XBOX LIVE NÃO CONSIGO CONECTAR VIA CABO [Translate] XBOX LIVE CAN'T CONNECT VIA CABLE I seems that your Xbox one has an static IP adress. Try changing it to use DHCP. Go to: Open the guide by...
  8. Xbox One does not connect to Live upon Startup (via ethernet), but works after modem reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One does not connect to Live upon Startup (via ethernet), but works after modem reset: Hi, So for the past couple weeks, I've had this issue when I turn my Xbox on and log into my profile (which has Xbox Live subscription), I cannot connect to Live. First, normally, I know that...
  9. Unable to connect to Xbox Live via connected internet sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live via connected internet sharing: Yesterday I set up connected internet sharing on my Xbox One with my Windows computer. It worked fine at first, but ever since I shut the Xbox off and turned it back on this morning I have not...
  10. Unable to connect to xbox live via ethernet or wifi SOLVED Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to xbox live via ethernet or wifi SOLVED Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6): Dear All, I have had many weeks of problems with my three consoles over the last few weeks.. The main thing that all of you should try is to activate IPv6 on your router. This worked for me...