connecting a laptop with an output hdmi

Discus and support connecting a laptop with an output hdmi in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hello microsoft team, I would like to ask if its possible to play with my xbox using my laptop's screen (I am not talking about remote gameplay but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Matteo Videtta, Oct 4, 2023.

1. connecting a laptop with an output hdmi

hello microsoft team,

I would like to ask if its possible to play with my xbox using my laptop's screen (I am not talking about remote gameplay but directly connected with hdmi), I found out that you can even if its hdmi output by using an hdmi capture card, but I'd still like to ask for confermation.

if I connect my xbox to my laptop via hdmi by using my hdmi capture card, will I be able to play It normally, the same way I do when I connect it to a tv/monitor?

:)

Matteo Videtta, Oct 4, 2023
  2. XBF - Evie Win User

How can I connect my Xbox console to PC

Hi!

Laptop HDMI's are output only, not inputs. An Xbox console cannot be connected to a laptop HDMI. They can, however, be connected to a TV or monitor.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I Need Help. Desperately!

You cant unless your laptop has an hdmi input connection. Most laptops only have an hdmi output connection.

Only high end gaming laptops such as Alienware laptops tend to have that.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Plugging in xbox to hp laptop

Hi,

Your laptop's HDMI port is for output only. It's designed to allow you to connect your laptop to a second screen such a monitor or TV

You can't connect a console to it via HDMI.
  5. HarrieKingo Win User

Xbox 360 connect to pc

The HDMI port on the laptop is designed to be used the other way around for example, how you put a HDMI cable into the laptop and connect it to a tv, therefore moving the video (for example) on to the tv. Basically there is only an output connection not
    an input connection.
  6. williedoyle1567 Win User

Ethernet cable

Hey there :)

If you could, is better to connect the console with the HDMI to your laptop!
    My laptop, like most others, don't have a HDMI input, only output.
Thema:

connecting a laptop with an output hdmi

1. connecting a laptop with an output hdmi - Similar Threads - connecting laptop output

2. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  3. Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?: How do I connect my xbox series s to my windows laptop? I want to use my laptop as a monitor. I searched it up and the results are showing the connection tab on the xbox app but the xbox app has a...
  4. My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new laptop keeps getting the error we found your console but can’t connect: I just got a Lenovo laptop and gaming on it works with my hot spot but it keeps saying it won’t connect with Internet. I keep getting the error “we found your console but can’t connect....
  5. Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet: My msi laptop those not work anymore because network reset messed it up I can’t even use my keyboard or connect to anything I have to type with the touch screen keyboard...
  6. Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI: does anybody know of any ways to connect my Xbox to my laptop screen using HDMI . I heard there used to be an Xbox companion app to which I found out it was discontinued . does anyone know of any...
  7. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  8. Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont gamepass ultimate connect to my laptop: I just got a laptop and was setting up the xbox app so i could get gamepass games form the ultimate subscription i have but for some reason it's telling me i need to buy gamepass even though I own...
  9. how do i connect my Xbox to my laptop and use it as monitor

in XboX Insiders
    how do i connect my Xbox to my laptop and use it as monitor: i tried with xbox app but there is no icon of conection submitted by /u/U_LLLL_ [link] [comments]
  10. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12