connect xbox series S to Laptop Screen

Discus and support connect xbox series S to Laptop Screen in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So i just bought an xbox series S and im at a hotel which means i cant connect it to my TVA, only place i could connect it to is my laptop screen, how... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by abdii12465, Jul 11, 2022.

1. abdii12465
    abdii12465 Guest

So i just bought an xbox series S and im at a hotel which means i cant connect it to my TVA, only place i could connect it to is my laptop screen, how am able to do that if i cant access it?

:)

abdii12465, Jul 11, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Abdii12465

Sorry to say but that's not possible, due to most laptops (or basically the 99%) HDMI port only supports output video, this means you can use the laptop to send a video signal to another screen, but not to receive it like a regular monitor or TV

Hope everything's more clear now, but if you have further questions feel free to ask

Greetings from another Microsoft user, J
  3. ngocphi Win User

HDMI ports on laptops tend to be HDMI out only

You download the Xbox conpanon app to wireless display or if you want remote play it or cloud stream if you have gamepass ultimate
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

Hello, Adi S. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I regret to inform you, but it's not possible to connect your Xbox Series S to your laptop screen due to most laptops screens only send the video signal out. So, if you connect your console to your MacBook, nothing will happen.

So, to display the video signal of your Xbox, you may want to get a monitor if you don't have a TV.

I know this is not the answer you were expecting, but your kindness and understanding are appreciated.

Regards,

Arturo.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

How to connect xbox series s for the first time without a tv?

The HDMI port on your laptop is likely only an HDMI out, so that you can hook it up to an external TV/monitor and output its display to that.

In order to display the Series S's output on your laptop's screen, it would have to have an HDMI in port.

What's the make/model of the laptop?
  6. АлексейПро Win User

Wireless Display

You see, I'm connected to xbox and wifi transmission is standard without additional connections, but the screen slows down, the computer is on intel i5 8th generation, and xbox series s
Thema:

1. connect xbox series S to Laptop Screen - Similar Threads - connect series Laptop

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  8. Why cant i connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10: Can someone tell me what do i need to do, when i try to connect my xbox series x to my laptop windows 10 it shows the same answer every time “ try again later, there seems to be a problem”. The...
  9. Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Series S connect to my laptop's mobile hotspot?: Hello, I've tried to restart my Xbox multiple times and connect to it multiple times, but it will not connect. Please help? 7086b439-5d29-4fb8-9670-0326036d3e1a
  10. Is it safe for my console to connect my Xbox series S to a laptop via HDMI to play on the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it safe for my console to connect my Xbox series S to a laptop via HDMI to play on the...: I know it might sound a fool question but I just have issues with my TV screen so while waiting for it it be fixed I was wondering if that is a possibility so I keep playing....