Connect Xbox mobile app to existing console

Discus and support Connect Xbox mobile app to existing console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had a problem the past couple of months with connecting my mobile ios xbox app with my existing xbox x console. I have restarted the console and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mario Niemand, May 20, 2023.

1. Connect Xbox mobile app to existing console

I have had a problem the past couple of months with connecting my mobile ios xbox app with my existing xbox x console. I have restarted the console and uninstalled/reinstalled the xbox app on mobile a few times now and hoped in the past couple of months a update fixes this but doesn’t look like it. When on the ios app I go to consoles and add a exiting console then I immediately get Try again in a bit. Both are connected to the same network and I have also switched network a few weeks back but still no luck.

Connect Xbox mobile app to existing console [​IMG]

:)

Mario Niemand, May 20, 2023
  2. Belle B Win User

Hi Mario

Sorry to hear about that, however, you can try following these steps on your console:

You might need to reset your console but keep your games and apps. This will delete any corrupted data in your console's OS. Ensure that you know your Microsoft account and password before doing so and your console is connected to the internet.

Press Xbox button> Go to System> Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console> Keep Games and Apps

Once it restarts > Sign In > Choose your last settings

Once done, check your remote settings by going to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features > Ensure that "Enable remote features" is checked.

See your power mode option if its set to Sleep, if its on Sleep, you can turn on the console and turn it off, however, if its on Energy saving, you can only connect to it if you manually turn the console on.

Then try to connect to mobile data on your phone while your console is connected to your home wifi.

Let me know.
  3. His Demon Queen Win User

Xbox live

You cannot use a hotspot to connect a mobile device to a console via the smartglass app. The console and mobile device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
  4. Spazpol Win User

I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

The xbox is set as my home xbox. Any other steps i can try?
    Are you connecting via the mobile app on the same wireless network as the console, or are you connected via the phone's mobile carrier and the xbox console is "technically" on a different network?
  5. Mister Cazador Win User

is my xbox damaged

yes it still dose it in energy saving mode and my external hard drive connect by usb also ive noticed it happens more often when my mobile is in same room

the mobile has the xbox smart glass app on which also keeps starting up on its own maybe the 2 are some how connected ??
    Gotcha, thanks for that info. Have you used the Xbox app on your mobile device to power on your Xbox One console in the past? Is the app currently connected to the same network as your console?

Let's have you try switching to a different network on your mobile device (different than the one your console connects to), did that solve the issue?
  6. - AJ - Win User

Why does my Xbox keep saying 'installation stopped' when trying to download a game on disc?

Hi, Lilly! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues installing Titanfall.

• If your internet data is not limited, I suggest trying a remote installation via the Xbox mobile app. This is a great workaround for this kind of problem.

To do so:

- Cancel your game's installation process.
    - Eject your disc.
    - Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features, and make sure remote features are enabled on your console.
    - Download the Xbox mobile app
    - Sign in to the mobile app using the same account you use on your console.
    - On the Xbox app, press the console icon followed by "Set up a console" and "Add existing console". (Skip this if you have already set up the mobile app)
    - Use the search bar on the Xbox mobile app to look up "Titanfall"
    - Select the game.
    - Press "Download to console".
    - This will trigger a digital download on your console.
    - Once the installation is complete, insert your disc and try launching the game.

• If you can't perform a remote installation or continue to receive the same error, I'd appreciate your answering the following questions:

- Do you have any external storage units plugged into your console?

- The factory reset you performed, was it done by keeping games and apps or by removing everything?

- Are you experiencing similar issues with other games?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. Connect Xbox mobile app to existing console - Similar Threads - Connect mobile app

2. My Xbox won't connect to any WiFi. Not even my mobile hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't connect to any WiFi. Not even my mobile hotspot: Hey all, my Xbox one x has disconnected from my home WiFi and won't connect again, it finds in in nearby connections but won't connect, I tried other connections such as my mobile hotspot but...
  3. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  4. How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one: Can I please know on how to connect my mobile data of my phone to the Xbox one and to find my ssid of the red magic 8 pro 73f0e652-26db-4521-a2af-612da085d01f
  5. I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. Shows the nat to be unavailable...: I can't get my Xbox to fully connect to my mobile hotspot. The Nat shows unavailable & I get the teredo ip error 21f507f9-e536-4775-8849-ccecd135d80c
  6. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf
  7. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...
  8. Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app: Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app 0170db66-f61f-4540-bd20-e0404a7ecba8
  9. Ok so i have trying to connect my xbox 360 to the xbox mobile app so can someone tell if...

in XBoX on Windows
    Ok so i have trying to connect my xbox 360 to the xbox mobile app so can someone tell if...: Please tell me and help 1de7d1b1-e699-40da-9901-5cd5f64c1541
  10. Xbox console will not connect to mobile app to get remote features. “Try again in a bit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox console will not connect to mobile app to get remote features. “Try again in a bit....: I’m trying to connect my existing console to my phone. It tells me to turn it on and sign in. I do so, then it tells me to “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong”. Several months pass and this...