connect headset to 360 E with 3.5 mm plug (no optical connections)

Discus and support connect headset to 360 E with 3.5 mm plug (no optical connections) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a newer 360 E with the 3.5 mm plug in the back, no optical port. How can I connect a wired headset with microphone? I tried connecting a generic... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cruz DrD, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Cruz DrD
    Cruz DrD Guest

I have a newer 360 E with the 3.5 mm plug in the back, no optical port. How can I connect a wired headset with microphone? I tried connecting a generic headset via the 3.5 mm plug. I got good sound but no ability to chat. I went through all of the
    troubleshooting solutions but none worked.

I just want to get stereo sound and to chat with other gamers. I'd prefer to use the wired headset I have, but am open to other solutions.

Thanks.

:)

Cruz DrD, Nov 3, 2014
  2. TobyHoover
    TobyHoover Guest
    Will The Turtle Beach X32 Be Compatible with the new Xbox One Headset Adapter?

If you do not have the RCA out, the only way this would work is if the Headset uses the Optical Out of the ONE

To get in to details Turtle Beach Says: Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../58

Microsoft Says:

The following 3.5-mm audio headset types are supported:

A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the
    manufacturer’s instructions to connect to the console.)

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter

TobyHoover, Nov 3, 2014
  3. TobyHoover
    TobyHoover Guest
    Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the

An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

See:

TobyHoover, Nov 3, 2014
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there Cruz DrD!

Sorry to hear about the headset issue. I would recommend checking with the manufacturer to see if they sell an adapter to get that up and running, or you unfortunately may need a newer headset.

Mister Beep, Nov 3, 2014
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there Cruz DrD!

Sorry to hear about the headset issue. I would recommend checking with the manufacturer to see if they sell an adapter to get that up and running, or you unfortunately may need a newer headset.
  6. TobyHoover Win User

Will The Turtle Beach X32 Be Compatible with the new Xbox One Headset Adapter?

If you do not have the RCA out, the only way this would work is if the Headset uses the Optical Out of the ONE

To get in to details Turtle Beach Says: Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../58

Microsoft Says:

7. TobyHoover Win User

Headset ?

To answer your question yes, but please read the whole post: Turtle Beach said:

Please note that you will need to connect this headset to the stereo outputs from your TV or audio receiver for game audio and use the Kinect® for game chat with Xbox One.

www.turtlebeach.com/.../344

Microsoft says:

See:
  8. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Turtle Beach XL1

Yid892,

Your best bet would be to buy an adapter versus trying to modify the cables, but it depends on what console you have as to what options, if any, you will need to take. If you have an Xbox 360 original console or Xbox 360 S console you can look into buy
    Turtle Beach's Ear Force Xbox 360 Audio Adapter cable that connects to the A/V port on the back of an Xbox 360, and provides white and red
    RCA (stereo) outputs, as well as a digital optical (S/PDIF, TOSlink) output.

If you have an Xbox 360 E console the trapezoidal A/V (Audio/Visual) port from older Xbox 360 models has been removed and replaced with a single 3.5 mm output jack. The Xbox 360 E includes a 3.5 mm composite A/V cable (yellow, white, and red), used for connecting
    to standard-definition TVs. You can use the Xbox 360 E's 3.5 mm composite A/V cable to connect Turtle Beach analog stereo headsets with white and red RCA plugs. Unlike previous Xbox 360 models, the Xbox 360 E does not have a S/PDIF (digital optical) output,
    which is necessary for connecting Turtle Beach surround sound products. To fix this, Turtle Beach has developed the HD Audio Converter
    (available Fall 2013), which is an HDMI to HDMI and optical converter that will let you connect a digital optical cable to the Xbox 360 E. This converter will include an HDMI cable to make it simple to connect your new Xbox 360 E to your TV and your
    Turtle Beach headset. If you have an Xbox 360 E, the XL1 works straight out of the box.

Hope this helps!
  9. EddieHendrickson Win User

Please explain the headphone situation for me

This is correct. Using the Xbox One Stereo Adapter (support.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset-adapter), you can use any of the following types of headsets:

◦A single 3.5-mm audio cable headset.

◦A dual 3.5-mm audio cable headset with 3.5-mm CTIA audio cables.

◦A headset with chat audio provided by a 3.5-mm audio cable and game audio provided by a separate cable with RCA or optical connectors. (Only chat audio will be enabled through the Stereo Headset Adapter. For RCA/optical connectors [game audio], follow the

◦An Xbox 360 Wired Headset with a 2.5-mm audio cable. Connect to the Stereo Headset Adapter by using the 2.5-mm-to-3.5mm adapter that’s included with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

As far as suggestions, that is a little harder for me to do. I am a huge gamer on console and PC and I strongly recommend Steelseries headsets, however, if you are an audiophile or use them for more multimedia related things, someone may be able to suggest
    a better headset/headphones.
Thema:

1. connect headset to 360 E with 3.5 mm plug (no optical connections) - Similar Threads - connect headset 360

2. Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio bug after trying to connect an incompatible headset.: I recently got a Corsair HS80 Max Wireless from a friend. He gave it to me to use for PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X. I tried it on PC, PS5 both worked went for it on Xbox didn’t work and learned it’s...
  3. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  4. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  5. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  6. Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can i connect my usb headset to my Xbox series s: I trued everything c48003aa-d39a-44ca-8765-46e3e2d704fa
  7. ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11): after 2 days of trying i finally got it connected to my PC and series x and it sounds fine on my xbox but on my PC it constantly cuts oout and im not sure what to do ive reset it and followed all...
  8. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  9. Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset? Can I connect this to my XBOX 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset? Can I connect this to my XBOX 360: I have a pair of Emerson EM510 Stereo Wireless Headset - Bluetooth Headset and I have had them for a while now and was wondering if I can connect them to my XBOX 360 S. I want to use them while...
  10. How to connect Tritton Stereo Headset (Gears of wars 3 ) to the new mini xbox 360 E 250GB and ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect Tritton Stereo Headset (Gears of wars 3 ) to the new mini xbox 360 E 250GB and ...: How to setup Tritton Stereo Headset (Gears of wars 3 ) to the new mini xbox 360 250GB ( Xbox 360 E)? The headset have an RCA adapter. The new 250GB mini Xbox back is diferent from others xbox...