Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

Discus and support Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by EpicGamer9450, May 13, 2024.

1. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture.

(keep in mind that i live in Canada)

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-us/product/guilty-gear-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415707d1

I noticed on my 360 Console, the game was not available to be purchased, only the DLC. I originally chalked it up to the game being delisted prematurely due to licensing reasons or something like that. However, when I went ahead and googled the game for the xbox marketplace website, it showed that it was in fact available, as you would see if you click on the link above. I realized this was because that was the American link, the following link is for Canada's version of the website.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ca/product/guilty-gear-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415707d1

I can't buy it through that American version, as then it says the region is invalid, but I can't get it with the Canadian website because it's unavailable here. My question is why is the game not available to purchase in my Country? I would get if it was different comparing the North America (NTSC)/Europe (PAL) websites but Canada and America are both NTSC, so what's the deal here? I just would really like to purchase this game, and I would appreciate and explanation, even moreso a solution to purchasing it other than a physical copy, though that might end up having to be my final option.

:)

EpicGamer9450, May 13, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

No problem, EpicGamer9450, it's always a pleasure to help!

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. EpicGamer9450 Win User

Thanks man, I'll reach out to arc system works and see if they can explain. Thanks!
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there EpicGamer9450, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

It seems that the game you mentioned was delisted from the Xbox 360 Marketplace in your region. It is highly likely that it was removed from the store in your region due to a decision by the game developers (Arc System Works), as they have the ability to choose in which regions and stores their games will be available for purchase, and this is not entirely dependent on Xbox.

I recommend reaching out to the game developers to find out the exact reason why the game is not available for digital purchase in your country, through the following link:

https://www.arcsystemworks.com/support/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Since there are regional restrictions on purchases on Xbox, I regret to inform you that you won't be able to buy the game digitally. In this case, the only way to play it is to get it on disc. I know you mentioned that this is not what you're looking for, but it's really the only option in this case.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I appreciate your understanding and I wish you good luck!

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. Grunt Attack Win User

Guilty Gear x2 Reloaded - Does not load / start

Why can't we "Australians" get Guilty Gear X2 Reloaded on game on demand any more?

I remember seeing it on marketplace in 2010.
  6. MA71LDA Win User

Street Fighter V

Cheers for the info, GG. Not to worry because I still have my 360 set up...BC would have been more convenient though! I even have my original Xbox set up for Guilty Gear X2, Capcom vs SNK 2 EO and MvsC 2 lol!!!
Thema:

1. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace - Similar Threads - Confusion trying buy

2. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  3. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  4. I have a confusing issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a confusing issue with my headset: For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my...
  5. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  6. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  7. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  8. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...
  9. Xbox - pc confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - pc confusion: Hello! So I have house flipper on my Xbox. I have the xbox app on my pc and am able to play it on there too through cloud gaming. For Christmas I bought the Luxery & Garden ad ons for house...
  10. visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused

in XBoX Games and Apps
    visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused: Hi! I just purchased an xbox series s today, and it worked perfectly fine about two hours ago and I turned it off and went to do some stuff and came back and it’s telling me to sign in, but I try...