Confusion about denied refund request, and how do I appeal a refund if I didn't get an email?

Discus and support Confusion about denied refund request, and how do I appeal a refund if I didn't get an email? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently I purchased a game, Armored Core VI Deluxe Edition, and tried it out for only a couple of hours at most, because I tried the game and didn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Matthew Jokinen, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Confusion about denied refund request, and how do I appeal a refund if I didn't get an email?

Recently I purchased a game, Armored Core VI Deluxe Edition, and tried it out for only a couple of hours at most, because I tried the game and didn't enjoy it I then requested a refund the same day, due to the refund request categories not having my specific reason for refunding the game available, at least not to what I could find, I went with what I thought was the closest option to my issue, that being canceling a pre-order. Last time I requested a refund I did a similar thing, only difference being the game I selected, which is several years old at the time of buying and refunding, and the amount of time, which was only about 30 or so minutes of play time. It's been about 3 days since I requested the refund and thought it was strange that neither my payment was refunded nor did I get any kind of email/notice stating that my refund request was being processed or that it was denied so I decided to check today only to find out that it got denied. I did not download any of the additional content of the game and only downloaded the game on my Xbox and have followed the criteria for issuing a refund so I am confused as to why it got denied, and even more so why I got no kind of notice about it either, since I assume an email would have been sent informing me about the refund being denied. I would greatly appreciate it if I could at the very least I could have some kind of way to either appeal or resubmit a refund request and a response to my issue sometime soon. Thanks, Matthew.

:)

Matthew Jokinen, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Confusion about denied refund request, and how do I appeal a refund if I didn't get an email?

3. Tomm_A Win User

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Matthew Jokinen,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you have requested refund for the digital games and got denied. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

Before we proceed any further, we would like to set your proper expectation that digital games refund is managed by our online Refund Team which can be contacted through submitting the form online. If you got denied with your refund request, it is possible that one of the eligible requirements are not met. You can also appeal by replying to email that you have received.

To check the refund eligibility requirement, you can check it below:

• Refunds are typically issued for requests made within 14 days of the purchase date for games in which you haven’t accumulated a significant amount of play time.
    • For single-use items (like consumables and in-game currency), your request is likely eligible only if the consumable was not redeemed or used.
    • There are often limits on the number and type of refunds allowed and the monetary compensation that we can provide to each purchaser in a given year.
    • If you don’t have access to the account that made the purchase, you’ll need to contact your financial institution for a refund.
    • We provide digital game product refunds as part of a consistent and reliable buying experience. However, if it appears refunds are being abused, we reserve the right to stop offering refunds except where legally required.

You may check the link below and sign in your account to check the status of your request and you can reply to the email for appeal.

We thank you for bringing this concern to us and glad that we are able to provide information related to your concern.

Sincerely,

5. Njal the Blue Win User

Lack of information in game content descriptions.

If you have filled out a refund request and had an email denying the refund, you can appeal by replying to the email.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

refund requests

Hello ClayClamore,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you requested a refund and got an email stating the case was closed, and you are interested in learning more about your refund request. Typically, you will receive an
    email with the decision for the refund. It should state in the email if the refund was approved or denied. Do you see any other emails in your junk or spam folder that may have the decision? If the refund was denied, we always recommend to respond to the email
    with an appeal. Be sure to let us know the results ClayClamore!
Thema:

1. Confusion about denied refund request, and how do I appeal a refund if I didn't get an email? - Similar Threads - Confusion denied refund

2. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  3. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  4. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  5. I have a confusing issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a confusing issue with my headset: For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my...
  6. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  7. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  8. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  9. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  10. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...