Confusing game labels

Discus and support Confusing game labels in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lisa Mc1, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Lisa Mc1
    Lisa Mc1 Guest

Confusing game labels

Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on the box but then say both on the disc inside purchasing from an online retailer how am I supposed to know the difference?

:)

Lisa Mc1, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

Confusing game labels

The disc for that will only work on the Series X, but as it states on the case, there should be a digital code inside for the One.
  3. Lisa Mc1 Win User

Confusing game labels

[​IMG]
    So the case says both but disc says series x when inserted it just says this is not compatible
    [​IMG]
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Confusing game labels

which game did you purchase? If it's labeled for both, it will work with both, though you may need to download one of the versions
  5. Lisa Mc1 Win User

Confusing game labels

I should add I’ve bought it from two different retailers now and they both had it advertised as being for Xbox one
  6. Lisa Mc1 Win User

Confusing game labels

Yeah I just figured that out and got my brother to download it, I’m not a gamer and he didn’t know does seem kinda silly for the disc not to work to me when previous ones have worked for both but hey ho happy lad now and I don’t need to do another return. Thank you!
Thema:

Confusing game labels

1. Confusing game labels - Similar Threads - Confusing game labels

2. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  3. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  4. I have a confusing issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a confusing issue with my headset: For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my...
  5. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  6. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  7. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  8. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  9. Xbox - pc confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - pc confusion: Hello! So I have house flipper on my Xbox. I have the xbox app on my pc and am able to play it on there too through cloud gaming. For Christmas I bought the Luxery & Garden ad ons for house...
  10. visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused

in XBoX Games and Apps
    visit www.Microsoft.com/link ??? I’m confused: Hi! I just purchased an xbox series s today, and it worked perfectly fine about two hours ago and I turned it off and went to do some stuff and came back and it’s telling me to sign in, but I try...