Confusing about My xbox home switches reset

Discus and support Confusing about My xbox home switches reset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my xbox home once and now I have 4/5 switches, should I wait a year for it to go back to 5 or should I use them all for them to reset?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Hjorn, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Hjorn
    Hjorn Guest

I changed my xbox home once and now I have 4/5 switches, should I wait a year for it to go back to 5 or should I use them all for them to reset? because a year has passed but they haven't returned to 5

:)

Hjorn, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Hjorn. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

The one-year period starts when you use your first home switch.

For example, if you changed your Home Xbox on 10 December 2023, you will get 5 home switches on 10 December 2024 no matter if you used only 1 switch or the 5 in that period.

However, sometimes can take a few days for your home switches to be reset after waiting the year.

Furthermore, you can check more additional information about Home Xbox by visiting this article from Microsoft:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

I hope you find this answer helpful to your inquiry. However, I'll remain attentive to any other one you may have.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Hjorn Win User

It resets on its own

If you are giving yoir account to friend" it won't give you the next reset date only if you used up all yoir changes or on your last one as the previous screen shot mentioned

If you did a factory reset and remake your home console that also counts as a use

Also you shouldn't be using your 5 changes

You can use your content while signed in online without making it your home console

Only time home console should be used is actual changes or offline use

Wanna know how many uses I used ?

1 in 3 years since I got my series x thats with a xbox one x from. xbox one s change previous
    does it reset itself and go back to 5? you used 1 in three years so you still have 4 too or has it gone back to 5?
  4. ngocphi Win User

It resets on its own

If you are giving yoir account to friend" it won't give you the next reset date only if you used up all yoir changes or on your last one as the previous screen shot mentioned

If you did a factory reset and remake your home console that also counts as a use

Also you shouldn't be using your 5 changes

You can use your content while signed in online without making it your home console

Only time home console should be used is actual changes or offline use

Wanna know how many uses I used ?

1 in 3 years since I got my series x thats with a xbox one x from. xbox one s change previous
  5. ngocphi Win User

When all 5 rolling changes expire after a year as the warning already told you
  6. Sodangidni Win User

[​IMG]
    Sorry for contradicting you, ngocphi, but you're wrong.

In my case, I have 1 switch left, and my first one was made on May 2023, the system is saying that the counter will reset on May 2024.
    So the answer I provided was based on a test I did before replying to Hjorn.
Thema:

1. Confusing about My xbox home switches reset - Similar Threads - Confusing home switches

2. I'm confused a bit

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm confused a bit: I have just purchased the GTA 5 Xbox series I don't get story mode with it?? [img] bf066514-95b9-42a7-a3af-b1b32ecd6773
  3. Sea of thieves insider confusion

in XboX Insiders
    Sea of thieves insider confusion: So getting back into the insider after awhile I was able to play the insider years ago and the website still says I'm in it but whenever I load into the game I get a error saying I'm not in the...
  4. I have a confusing issue with my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a confusing issue with my headset: For some reason, my headset will not work with my Xbox. It is a headset that was made for Xbox and I have previously bought the same pair with no issues. Until recently, I've had to restart my...
  5. Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Confusion when trying to buy Guilty Gear 2: Overture on Xbox 360 marketplace: Since the Xbox 360 store is shutting down very soon, I decided a game I wanted to purchase was Guilty gear 2: Overture. (keep in mind that i live in Canada)...
  6. External hard drive is confusing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive is confusing.: So this is my first post on here and frankly I'm confused. My external hard drive isn't that old but from the very beginning of owning it, it's been weird with actually connecting to my Xbox...
  7. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  8. I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm very confused with my Minecraft account.: So back when we had to migrate our accounts I did it successfully however I now have lost my old cape and account but have access to a different account which had no skin originally. I haven't...
  9. Confusing game labels

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Confusing game labels: Why would a game be labelled on the box as Xbox series x and Xbox one but then only be compatible with series x? I bought this for my younger brother some of his other games say the same thing on...
  10. Xbox - pc confusion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox - pc confusion: Hello! So I have house flipper on my Xbox. I have the xbox app on my pc and am able to play it on there too through cloud gaming. For Christmas I bought the Luxery & Garden ad ons for house...