Confirm parental consent

Discus and support Confirm parental consent in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am being contacted by Microsoft to confirm parental consent for my son's account that he uses on occasion for Minecraft. However, when I follow the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Preston Niblick, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Confirm parental consent

I am being contacted by Microsoft to confirm parental consent for my son's account that he uses on occasion for Minecraft. However, when I follow the steps, it gives an error message that says "It's not you, it's us" and I can't bypass it. I've tried using automated help through the website, and also chat and call back, but none of these options work (horrible service platform, Microsoft, by the way). It says if I don't take action my son's account will be permanently deleted.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

:)

Preston Niblick, Aug 21, 2023
  2. RyanPayne4 Win User

Confirm parental consent

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with Microsoft's service platform. Dealing with such issues can be frustrating, especially when important accounts are involved. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the issue and confirm parental consent for your son's account:

1. **Clear Browser Cache and Cookies**: Sometimes, issues like this can be caused by cached data in your browser. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then attempt the process again.

2. **Use Different Browsers or Devices**: Sometimes, issues might be specific to a particular browser or device. Try accessing the consent confirmation process using a different browser or device to see if the problem persists.

3. **Check Internet Connection**: Ensure that you have a stable and strong internet connection. Connectivity issues can sometimes disrupt online processes.

4. **Try in Incognito/Private Mode**: Open your browser in incognito or private mode and attempt to follow the steps again. This can help eliminate issues related to browser extensions or cached data.

5. **Temporarily Disable Security Software**: Temporarily disable any security software, firewall, or antivirus programs that might be blocking or interfering with the consent confirmation process.

6. **Contact Microsoft Support**: If you're unable to bypass the error message using the self-service options, you might need to reach out to Microsoft Support again. While you've had difficulties in the past, it's still worth trying to get in touch with their support team. If you can't reach them through the website, you can also try using social media channels like Twitter to get their attention.

7. **Visit a Microsoft Store**: If there's a Microsoft Store location near you, consider visiting in person and explaining your issue to a representative. They might be able to provide more immediate assistance.

8. **Escalate the Issue**: If you've tried all the above steps and the issue persists, ask to escalate the matter when contacting Microsoft Support. They might be able to involve higher-level support to address your specific situation.

9. **Document the Issue**: Keep records of your attempts to resolve the issue, including any error messages you encounter, the steps you've taken, and the times you've contacted Microsoft Support. This documentation can be helpful if you need to escalate the issue further.

10. **Consider Creating a New Account**: If all else fails and the account cannot be recovered, you might need to consider creating a new account for your son. Be sure to keep a record of all account details and ensure that the new account is properly set up with parental controls.

Hope this helps

Ryan
  3. RyanPayne4 Win User

Confirm parental consent

Hello .
    My name is Ryan. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today. Kindly note that I am an independent support meaning I do not have any access to your account nor am I allowed to receive any personal information from you.

Best thing to do in your case would be to contact Microsoft Support: support.microsoft.com

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

This may be of help

parental consent?

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  6. HeyItsLala Win User

parental permission code - Where do I enter this?

Could You be a little more specific ?

Is it asking for Parental Consent?

When he tries to log in, does it say 'must have parent consent?'
Thema:

Confirm parental consent

1. Confirm parental consent - Similar Threads - Confirm parental consent

2. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  3. Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass core 3 months congratulations you're one step closer press confirm something...: I can't use my game pass core df24437e-9c02-48a0-b86e-53dd02334e60
  4. I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that: I have a couple of gaming friends who often see me offline, but I'm actually online at the time, what's going on? 932edb5c-bb3e-4591-8c44-3c490fbf86e0
  5. Order confirmation wasn't sent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Order confirmation wasn't sent: Hello, I bought Elite Series 2 controller in MS store, but I don't have any email order confirmation and my order stay in same place in the shipping process. Please help as quick as possible....
  6. Game pass 'confirm' box obscured

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game pass 'confirm' box obscured: Every time I enter the code for a 1 month ultimate game pass the confirm option is obscured by the box to change payment options. Even when i enter new card details it comes back to the same box....
  7. How do I cancel my refund request if I never received an confirmation email from Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I cancel my refund request if I never received an confirmation email from Microsoft...: I recently requested ark ascended and I accidentally sent a request to refund it an never got a confirmation email for I can cancel the refund request b788e17e-6d9d-43fb-8aad-b22bf4b75e8b
  8. How do I get back into an account so I can confirm the games I bought on it when I can no...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back into an account so I can confirm the games I bought on it when I can no...: Hello, so I have recently gotten a new Xbox Series S and have been trying to transfer my games from my Xbox one to there. But it seems that I can’t transfer some games because I'm not on the same...
  9. Parental Controls Confirmation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Controls Confirmation: I received an email that I need to confirm the parental controls on my child's account by October 25. Is this a scam or did it really come from Microsoft? If you haven’t confirmed consent when...
  10. Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent

in XBoX Accessibility
    Repeat Parental Consent Emails After Confirming Consent: Hi, I keep receiving emails from Microsoft Family (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) about confirming parental consent for my daughter's Xbox account. I've already...