Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X

Discus and support Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What is the correct way/strategy to configure multiple controllers on the Xbox Series X? I've connected 4 controllers and they all work but they work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Excesswater, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Excesswater
    Excesswater Guest

What is the correct way/strategy to configure multiple controllers on the Xbox Series X? I've connected 4 controllers and they all work but they work as one. When I play a multiplayer game (DreamWorks Kart) it only sees one controller. The controllers are connected to one account and each have a different controller profile (different controller profile name). Thanks.

:)

Excesswater, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Excesswater Win User

Thanks for your suggestion Oskayra but I hit another dead end. Not finding much help on the Microsoft support sites. Hopefully someone else can shed some light.

XSH2O
  3. Excesswater Win User

Hoskayra, thank you for the prompt reply.

Under Settings > Devices & Controllers I don't have an Accessories option. I have:

• Controller & Headsets
    • Remote Features
    • Digital assistants
    • Mouse
    • Media remote
    • Disc
    • Blu-ray

I do not see Accessories, Advanced Options, or Pairing under any of the menus or sub menus. I've also used the search and it comes up empty. We must have different versions. :-|

I have a new Xbox Series X with current updates and the controllers have all been updated.

All the controllers are assigned to the same user account (I only have one).

I really appreciate your help.

By the way, Copilot is turned off on all the controllers.

XSH2O :)
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Excesswater, my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

To set up multiple controllers on Xbox Series X, you must follow these steps:

-Connect all controllers to the console. You can do this using a USB cable or connecting them wirelessly.
    -Open the Settings app.
    -Go to "Devices and connections".
    -Select "Accessories".
    -Select the controller you want to configure.
    -Select "Assigned to".
    -Select the user account you want to assign the controller to.
    -Once you have assigned all controllers to user accounts, you can use them to play multiplayer games.

In your case, it seems that you have correctly assigned the controllers to the user accounts. However, the controllers can be configured to function as a single controller. To check it, follow these steps:

-Open the Settings app.
    -Go to "Devices and connections".
    -Select "Accessories".
    -Select the controller you want to configure.
    -Select "Advanced Settings".
    -Select "Pairing".
    -If the "Pairing" option is activated, the controllers will work as a single controller. To disable it, uncheck the option.

If you disabled pairing and the controllers still work as a single controller, there may be an issue with the console or controllers. In this case, you can try restarting the console or contact Microsoft support. If so, ask me for the link and I'll send it to you here.

Through the following link that I will provide you you will be able to see more detailed information regarding the solutions that I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way with your problem.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/xbox-accessories-app

I really hope your problem was solved with my help, have a nice day.
    Oskayra
  5. Hoskayra Win User

Hi again Excesswater

You are right, it seems that you have a different version of the Xbox Series

In your case, the only way to configure multiple controllers is to do it through the game. When you launch a multiplayer game, you should see an option to assign each controller to a player. Once you have assigned the controllers, you should be able to use them to play the game.

Here are some specific steps for assigning controllers in a multiplayer game:

-Start the multiplayer game.
    -Look for the option to assign drivers.
    -Select the controller you want to assign.
    -Select the player you want to assign the controller to.

Sincerely
    Oskayra
  6. Rostom L Win User

Xbox controller series s/x vibration not working

Hi TomaXBOX2016!

Your Xbox Series X/S controller should still work normally on Xbox One console.

Make sure to change your vibration settings.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings.
    Select Accessibility > Controller, and then select Vibration settings.
    If you have multiple controllers, choose the controller that you want to change and select Configure.
    For an Elite Series 2 controller, select the configuration profile that you want to change, select Edit > Vibration, and then move the sliders to adjust the vibration.
    For an Xbox Wireless Controller, select Turn on vibration to turn vibration on or off.
Thema:

1. Configuring Multiple Controllers on the Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Configuring Multiple Controllers

2. Settings advice to configure a monitor

in XboX Insiders
    Settings advice to configure a monitor: Hi all, I’m wondering if anybody can help me with some advice on setting up a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32 inch curved monitor on my Xbox X. It arrived today and I followed a very quick YouTube video...
  3. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  4. Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't configure series 2 controller on companion app: Everytime I try to configure it the app tells me to download the Xbox app which I have then it says to get identity provider which if I click the get button there no way to download it on the...
  5. First XBox Series S configuration problem in a foreign EU country

in XBoX on Consoles
    First XBox Series S configuration problem in a foreign EU country: Hello, I purchased an XBOX Series S with a free three-month Game Pass Ultimate subscription from a retailer in Italy and had it shipped here to Poland. I tried to carry out the first...
  6. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...
  7. Will the following configuration run the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the following configuration run the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator?: AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840HS / Radeon 780M up to 64GB DDR5 @ 4800MHz up to 4TB High-Speed PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 SSD Quad Display Output DP 1.4, HDMI 2.1 2x USB 4 WiFi 6E & Bluetooth 5.0 Support...
  8. How do I change my routers configuration

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change my routers configuration: I’m trying to connect to my university’s WiFi but it says that because it’s not WPA/WPA2 or WEP it won’t do it 99728f5e-792e-4118-a748-ffaefea56b6a
  9. Controller configuration not working correctly with certain PC games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller configuration not working correctly with certain PC games: Hello I'm currently running into an issue where on my PC with my Xbox controller. I first want to state that I am using the latest version of Windows 11 if that helps with any support and also...
  10. Xbox Accessories Configuration profiles don't work in bluetooth

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories Configuration profiles don't work in bluetooth: Before we begin: if you're one of those "Microsoft Community Experts" that has 10,000 resolutions that involve you regurgitating the top result from doing a generic Google search for something...