Concerned my son's account has been hacked and can't find help.

Discus and support Concerned my son's account has been hacked and can't find help. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son has an xbox one and is currently signed into his account. However, I noticed unexplained purchases on my credit card and when we looked into the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AngelaUQF, Mar 17, 2022.

1. AngelaUQF
    AngelaUQF Guest

My son has an xbox one and is currently signed into his account. However, I noticed unexplained purchases on my credit card and when we looked into the purchase history via the xbox it showed purchases that were gifted to someone else (I am 100% sure this was not done by my son). He is currently signed into the account but it is clear that someone else has access to the account. We have attempted to log into his microsoft account with the email shown on the Home screen of the Xbox, however Microsoft says that it is not a recognised account name. I am not sure how this could be the case, when the Xbox screen shows the same email we are putting into the Microsoft website. I really need help to re-gain control of my son's account.

:)

AngelaUQF, Mar 17, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello AngelaUQF, you can check all the financial transactions made in the account via the link below.

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

You'll sign in with the email account you use to play, and you'll be able to verify transactions.

As for logins, still on the same site if it is the Security part and then Sign-in activity.

If you think your account has been compromised, change your account password as well as your security information.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

My son's account has been hacked...

Hey Geneviève

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to recover your sons account.

Normally we would encourage you to follow the
    Compromised Account Solution
    wizard, however, considering the gravity of the situation and how far along this has gotten I would instead recommend that you Contact

Xbox Customer Support
    as they will be better equipped to help you in this situation.

Its worth noting that if you can fill out the
    Account Self Recovery
    request form, prior to reaching out to support, might give you an edge here.

You can follow these steps to get ahold of an agent:

• Step 1: Scroll down, and select Support at the bottom left hand side under
      Xbox.
    • Step 2: At the bottom of the page, click on
      Contact Us
    • Step 3 : Select Xbox One then See other options
    • Step 4 : Select your Issue –
      How to protect your account
      • Select - Show contact options
      • Select –
        Request a call from Support

I hope this was of some help to you.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

My sons account has been hacked

Hi RobBell6. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

When an account gets hacked, you must act fast to increase your chances of recovering it. Since the account's email has been changed, I'm afraid it will no longer be possible to recover the account. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

For future reference, here are some tips to keep your account safe and secure: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/628538c2-7006-33bb-5ef4-c917657362b9
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

> Why are Microsoft unable to send recovery details to the email address associated with the account?

Because that email address is no longer associated with the account.

> Also if it can’t be recovered how do I cancel the Xbox Live subscription

Microsoft can only assist with billing queries if you have access to the account. You'll need to contact your bank or financial institution to cancel the charges. If you pay with card I'd suggest cancelling the card too.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  6. RobBell6 Win User

Why are Microsoft unable to send recovery details to the email address associated with the account?

Also if it can’t be recovered how do I cancel the Xbox Live subscription because I can’t cancel it via the Xbox or accessing the account
Thema:

1. Concerned my son's account has been hacked and can't find help. - Similar Threads - Concerned son's account

2. Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Serious Concerns About Xbox Elite Controllers' Reliability and Warranty Support: I've purchased two Xbox Elite controllers to utilize the back paddles, and it's disappointing to note that both have developed faults within a year! Both controllers also share the same issue with...
  3. Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i...: Why are there long wait times for cloud gaming? several of people have this concern that i know. 9d3c7c1a-0dd6-4d65-920f-da382e3614ee
  4. I need help concerning my main Microsoft account: Stolen.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help concerning my main Microsoft account: Stolen.: I've recently gotten scammed, a few hours ago as i'm submiting this, and the person stole my Microsoft account and deleted it. I don't know if the person created a new one wich is the one i'm...
  5. Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Security concerns after my son's Microsoft account was taken over and eventually deleted by...: Hi there, My son's Microsoft account was taken away and then deleted by a bot from Discord. He then lost all his games in the Microsoft account. It happened when a bot from Discord asked him for...
  6. Xbox 360 end of life support - marketplace concerns and fixing the date limit.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 end of life support - marketplace concerns and fixing the date limit.: Hi, Xbox Support on X (Twitter) told me I should post here. I have a couple of other concerns regarding the Xbox 360 that have come to light with the server problems over the last couple of days....
  7. UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    UK resident unable to speak with a real person concerning my issue.: I have been incorrectly charged twice every month for my Game Pass subscription since May 2022. This is unacceptable and obviously I want a refund. Customer Support to get the root of this...
  8. Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Open letter to Microsoft/Xbox concerning game preservation and consumer choice: This is an open letter regarding the leaked information about future Xbox hardware. I implore you: -Don't alienate your fans who bought games at retail with future hardware. -Don't make single...
  9. How do I escalate a concern with hardware and customer service?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I escalate a concern with hardware and customer service?: I’ve had issues with all series x controllers with drift, spoke to one person initially who said I’d receive an email with options at no cost, 3 follow up calls have been met with no updates or...
  10. Question concerning the code of conduct.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Question concerning the code of conduct.: I got suspended for 4 days (2 per message) for profanity. I couldn't find anything outlawing the use of these words entirely, just that they were not used to harass a player and I certainly...