Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working.

Discus and support Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So about the night of the 17th EST, things still worked just fine. The night of the 18th is when the problems first occured. I could only talk to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dustin Johnson1, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working.

So about the night of the 17th EST, things still worked just fine. The night of the 18th is when the problems first occured. I could only talk to people in game if I was in an Xbox party with them, the game channel did not work.

I only play Fortnite and Sea of Thieves, coms have went out in Fortnite before and typically turning Xbox off while in Fortnite, and waiting a bit, turning it back on and reloading things wad a sufficient fix. However this fix didn't seem to work for either game that night. The next day had same issue all day.

On the 20th I finally put in for a call back from Xbox support. They asked about the issues, asked about my setting, I told them setting for both console and game show it's allowed for communication with everyone and for cross platform. They had me do a factory reset while keeping the games, re add the profiles but did not keep settings. That didn't help. So checked speed and such.

They had me manually change dns, something else, and then clear the Mac address. Upon testing again with another Xbox in my house, my son could hear me, but I could not hear him. I told support, and they didn't have an answer but told me they would call back in 24 hours. I got the idea to try the same steps on the other Xbox and then I could hear my son as well. Later after about 3 or 4 rounds of Fortnite however, coms went out again and had to open an Xbox party to hear each other...

Does anyone know what the cause for this is and what the fix might be? Seriously at this point I'm almost ready to switch to Sony products. They have console banned one of the xbox's due to something my son's friend did at his friend's house, but because it was on my son's account, his home console got banned. And yes I believe it wasn't my son because he doesn't know how to dox people, and he wasn't on the Xbox the day the messages were sent. Microsoft/Xbox just tells me they can't do anything about it. And now I have 2 xbox's that look like I may have to repeatedly reset DNS and Mac addresses to have working coms??? I'm sorry but 3 Xbox ones, 5 head sets, and I'm not even sure how many controllers at this point, on top of all the games purchase for the kids, purchase before I resorted to only playing fortnite and SOT. There is to much money in Microsoft products to be dealing with silly issues and not have actual fixes. On top of having a seriously expensive paper weight....

:)

Dustin Johnson1, Nov 21, 2023
  2. Dustin Johnson1 Win User

Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working.

At this point, my router company and I are starting to wonder if it is something wrong with the Xbox itself. Between some nights we can't have comms unless in an Xbox party, and now some nights my comms are loud and distorted. But if I turn it back off for a bit, it goes back to normal... I may end up having to do warranty with GameStop...
  3. Dustin Johnson1 Win User

I haven't seen any teredo issue messages, nat type has been saying open. We did just have a few days of correctly working comms, but tonight things wouldn't work in game chat or Xbox party chat. In game chat sounded echoey and scratchy and picked up on every little noise, so tried to switch to Xbox party chat. That just made it to where I only hear slight scratchy noises. The person I'm playing with is on same network, I'm connected via Ethernet, they are wireless. They said they could hear me just fine either way. I couldn't even hear the game itself if I was in same chat type as them. But if they stayed in game chat and I went to Xbox party, sound was clear and normal, and vice versa, if we switched chat types, I had clear sound. After I finally left the game and resorted to giving up for the night though. They could still hear me in their headset, even though not in an Xbox party or in game party.... The fact Microsoft, my isp, nor the router company has any answers as to why this issue keeps occuring is getting aggravating. On top of the fact I keep getting blown off about the console ban my son was given, due to something his friend did, on another unit, at another address.. And there is no legit was to contact you're enforcement department, shady business operations Microsoft...
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Dustin Johnson1,

Thank you for your response.

I have sent you another private message. Kindly check if you can reply to my message with the case number.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Dustin Johnson1,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with coms on Fornite. We sincerely apologize for what happened and we appreciate your effort, and genuine patience in trying to fix the issue. We have sent you a private message so we can look further into this.

We're looking forward to your response.

Sincerely,

6. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Dustin,

We understand you are still having issues with playing Fortnite and Sea of Thieves. Let’s continue troubleshooting to ensure a consistent experience:
    Check NAT Type:

• Your NAT type plays a crucial role in multiplayer gaming and party chat. Make sure your NAT type is set to Open for optimal connectivity.
    • To check your NAT type:
      • Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
      • Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
      • Look for the NAT Type field. It should ideally display Open.
    1. Teredo IP Address:
      • Teredo is essential for secure communications between clients and servers. If your console encounters issues obtaining a Teredo IP address, it can affect party chat and multiplayer games.
      • If you encounter any of these error messages:
        • NAT Type: Unavailable
        • Can’t get a Teredo IP address
        • Error code 0x89231906
      • Follow the steps in the official Xbox support guide to troubleshoot Teredo-related issues.
      • If the issue still persists, we highly suggest connecting to a different network to see if there's any changes.
    I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Coms only working in Xbox party, support helped me fix, and mid game went back to not working. - Similar Threads - Coms working party

2. Com banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Com banned: Yes I was wondering why I got com banned in fallout 76 for posting I have atom store vendors active at my camp and selling items that I have farmed and picked up in the game on fallout 76...
  3. I was wrongfully com banned please help?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I was wrongfully com banned please help?: so basically i got com banned for someone reporting an old message which i admit i did say, but recently around the end of march, i was com banned for over a year because of hate speech, and in...
  4. PROBLEMAS COM ATUALIZAÇÕES DE SISTEMA OFFLINE

in XboX Insiders
    PROBLEMAS COM ATUALIZAÇÕES DE SISTEMA OFFLINE: Estou com problemas no sistema do meu Xbox por conta que ele foi apagado do HD enquanto eu ainda estava no programa insider e agr sempre eu tento instalar o sistema utilizando a unidade flash USB,...
  5. Preciso urgente de um arquivo de atualização insider, se isso for possível estou com o...

in XboX Insiders
    Preciso urgente de um arquivo de atualização insider, se isso for possível estou com o...: Preciso de uma atualização offline insider, pois no site da Microsoft não tem e estou com o console parado devido a um erro de atualização, um desrespeito com usuário insider, se alguém tiver,...
  6. LFG VOICE COM BAN

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG VOICE COM BAN: I was playing the new skull x bones, put up a post to invite people to join my clan and to message me if they was interested and your stupid trash AI bot banned me for "breaking the rules" why...
  7. Meu controle de ps4 fica com os botões embaralhados no meu celular.

in XboX Insiders
    Meu controle de ps4 fica com os botões embaralhados no meu celular.: Comprei um controle paralelo de PS4 para jogar no celular pelo xCloud e afins. No entanto, os botões estão embaralhados; por exemplo, quando aperto o botão "X", ele corresponde como botão...
  8. Com ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Com ban: Microsoft for real needs to review their banning process, I literally got banned from everything for 24 hours over an LFG repost. I’m not the only one this has happened to either, apparently it...
  9. Estou com problemas de atualização no meu xbox one s

in XboX Insiders
    Estou com problemas de atualização no meu xbox one s: Bom dia Insiders , sou Clay Calixto e gostaria de pedir ajuda de vocês para um problema que estou enfrentando esses dias , o HD do meu xbox one s queimou e tive que troca-lo , porém eu sou insider...
  10. The button to sign in on the Xbox,com website doesent work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The button to sign in on the Xbox,com website doesent work.: Im trying to log into my xbox account on the xbox website but the butten just redirects me back to the front page without logging in. I have already cleared the cache and cookies wich makes me...