Computer trying to turning on but not displaying

Discus and support Computer trying to turning on but not displaying in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My computer turns on but doesn't display anything, and it keeps on trying to turn on but fails and retrys. Disconnecting and putting back the cmos... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brehusk, May 2, 2024.

1. brehusk
    brehusk Guest

My computer turns on but doesn't display anything, and it keeps on trying to turn on but fails and retrys. Disconnecting and putting back the cmos battery worked for a while but now it doesn't work I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the ram. I've also tried switching the gpus power cable and switching monitors but they have not worked

:)

brehusk, May 2, 2024
  2. ethfan24 Win User

HDMI working on pc monitor but not on my LG tv (Xbox 360)

Hmm try going to display settings and turning "display discovery" to enable. If it's already on enable, try turning it off and setting the resolution manually.

Good luck,

3. Jason of Oz Win User

Pixelated/Stuttering/Corrupted Video, Xbox Series X

Can you try a different HDMI input on your display, or do you have a different display handy to test with (even if its just a computer monitor w/ HDMI inputs)?

If it goes away are the picture remains static for a while, you could also investigate any "optimisations" your display might be applying to the picture? I generally turn all those things off and let the display panel just be a display panel without messing with the picture, but out of the box almost all TVs try to make things "better" with motion smoothing, noise reduction and all the rest of it.

- Jason
  4. The Silent Protagoni Win User

Distorted HDMI output

Try disabling Display Discovery under Console Settings--->Display.

You can also try resetting console's video display to defaults by turning it off and then holding the left quadrant of the power button to turn it on...

Hope this helps...
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Lagging and Audio/Video issues

Something else to try, in the display settings of your console try turning display discovery off if it's on or on if it's off.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox working on one TV but not on the other

Hi, could you try turning display discovery off on your console, you'll find that in settings/display.
Thema:

1. Computer trying to turning on but not displaying - Similar Threads - Computer trying turning

2. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  3. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  4. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  5. I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.: I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. It has never worked, just installed but didn’t manage to get in. Windows 11 is up to date and I have more than 50gB space....
  6. I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...: I think Xbox cloud gaming is down 5914dcc5-d07e-4221-b756-480acf3fd8b4
  7. I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account...: I tried to log in to minecraft with my old account on a new computer with my new account but then it says I have to change my ENTIRE user to be my old account just to play minecraft? please help...
  8. Hi! I keep trying to open Xbox on my new computer, but it won't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi! I keep trying to open Xbox on my new computer, but it won't work: only things I've installed are Roblox and tried to download minecraft, but something must have gone wrong! I keep getting a popup under XboxPcApp saying...
  9. Hi I am trying to play Roblox on tablet mode (HP computer brand new), but it seems that my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I am trying to play Roblox on tablet mode (HP computer brand new), but it seems that my...: Hi I am trying to play Roblox on tablet mode (HP computer brand new), but it seems that my jumping and moving controls are gone and I can’t move or jump or change my perspective. Can anyone help?...
  10. When I try log into the account I have on my xbox while on my computer, it leads me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I try log into the account I have on my xbox while on my computer, it leads me to the...: I have an xbox account on my xbox, but when I try to log into it on the computer, it tells me to create an account! What do I do? ed86a63d-330c-4d17-9cb4-c7efad3e87cc