Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

Discus and support Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheAmazingChi, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

Bit of a weird one this.

Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not relevant since it's the same across others, I've checked). It seems to still pair with my wireless adapter and my PC registers it as being connected when I use a wired connection. The adapter is fine, because it still works (and game register its existence) with the old, slightly defective controller that I replaced with this one.

I've read a lot of threads that suggest updating firmware but whilst my PC registers it as being connected in Device Manager, the Xbox Accessories app does not (and the controller itself just flashes the Xbox button for a while before turning off). I've used both the cable that came with and two others I had already.

Found out Bluetooth is an option and that seems to work for some reason but Adapter and Wired still do not, and the latter I definitely need sorting still for update purposes.

:)

TheAmazingChi, Sep 30, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox Accessories)

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox Accessories)

Hello TheAmazingChi,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that your controller is not registering inputs on your PC, even though it is recognized by the computer and the wireless adapter. That sounds frustrating and I apologize for the inconvenience.

To troubleshoot this problem, I would like to ask you a few questions:

- Have you tried updating the controller firmware using the Xbox Accessories app?

- Have you checked the device manager on your PC to see if there are any errors or conflicts with the controller driver?

- Have you tested the controller on a different PC or an Xbox console to see if it works there?

Meanwhile, Please try the following steps and see if they help:

- Make sure your controller has the latest firmware update. You can check this by opening the Xbox Accessories app on your PC and selecting your controller. If there is an update available, you will see a prompt to install it.

- Reset your controller by pressing and holding the pair button on the back of the controller for 10 seconds. This will clear any wireless interference or connection issues.

- Re-pair your controller with your wireless adapter or PC. To do this, press and hold the pair button on the adapter or PC until it flashes, then press and hold the pair button on the controller until it flashes. Wait for them to sync and then test your controller.

- Try using a different USB cable or port if you are using a wired connection. Sometimes a faulty cable or port can cause input problems.

- If none of these steps work, you may have a defective controller that needs to be replaced or repaired.

You can request a service order online at Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Have a great day!
  4. TheAmazingChi Win User

I seem to have finally stumbled onto the problem myself after a week of struggle.

Lurking under the optional updates section of Windows Update was an update for the Microsoft Wireless Adaptor. That was the issue. Updated and that's solved it. No idea why the *adaptor* driver affected the ability to use the controller via wire or Xbox Accessories' ability to recognise the existence of the controller via wire either but never mind. If you've got this issue, that's what the problem is.

Never once thought the Adaptor was the problem because it still functioned fine with the old, regular, Xbox Controller. How I was supposed to know that was the issue, I'll never know.
  5. HarryBrown6 Win User

xbox elite controller series 2

Unfortunately, because i bought the elite controller on its own, i cant seem to register it. When asking where to find the serial number there is no option for the xbox elite series 1. Other people have said unless you bought the package (Which i didn't)
    there the serial number option doesn't register the serial number of the controller. the only way to register a xbox elite controller is to by the paddle package and then the serial number is accepted. Personally i don't want to have to buy something just
    to be able to see if a warranty is still active.
  6. Ryan Reppucci Win User

Series S Issue with controllers (right toggle)

I did a full reset of the console and there is still 0 action on menus an in games with both Elite Series controllers Ive tried. Both controllers register input in test screen as well.
Thema:

Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

1. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox... - Similar Threads - Computer accepts Elite

2. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  3. I need help with my faulty computer please!

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help with my faulty computer please!: PC specs- Motherboard- Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR5 CPU- i9-12900K LGA 1700 GPU- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4070 Memory- G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 6000 Storage- Samsung 980 pro...
  4. Games crashing on new computer.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games crashing on new computer.: 2 weeks ago I decided to buy the parts for a pc of my own with components that I chose for myself, Motherboard: Asus prime b650-plus, Processor: Ryzen 5 7600, corsair vengeance 32gb ram, GYGABYTE...
  5. Help. Computer not working booting or anything

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help. Computer not working booting or anything: My son’s computer stopped working. Not exactly sure what he did. I originally got the BSOD. I was advised to remove the CMOS battery to reset everything but now i go straight through to the viglen...
  6. Computer trying to turning on but not displaying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer trying to turning on but not displaying: My computer turns on but doesn't display anything, and it keeps on trying to turn on but fails and retrys. Disconnecting and putting back the cmos battery worked for a while but now it doesn't...
  7. how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to connect my computer to Xbox 360?: how to connect my computer to Xbox 360? ba1fdca5-c40d-4cbe-8579-ed588406bf13
  8. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  9. Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dualshock 4 not working with my computer when connected through USB: The yellow bar lights up and sometimes it resets my audio devices, but it isn't recognized by games unless I have it connected by bluetooth, which I typically keep off. The controller did work via...
  10. Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer accepts Elite Series 2 Controller exists, but doesn't register inputs (nor in Xbox...: Bit of a weird one this. Been enjoying the new controller for a few weeks, no issues. Suddenly, mid-session, my game started behaving as if I don't have a controller connected. (CoD, probably not...