Complex achievement glitch

Discus and support Complex achievement glitch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've spent hundreds of hours over the last several weeks working on completing the achievements in Tetris Ultimate. I played briefly at launch, then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vSully, Feb 12, 2016.

1. vSully
    vSully Guest

I've spent hundreds of hours over the last several weeks working on completing the achievements in Tetris Ultimate. I played briefly at launch, then for a bit last year. I had three achievements left when I started playing again at the beginning of January.

There are 12 achievements and each requires completing three badges. Each badge is essentially a mini-achievement. Complete the three badges associated with an achievement and the achievement pops.

I was able to complete the first achievement (which was missing one badge) when I finished Sprint mode in under 60 seconds back on Jan 20. The badge and achievement popped up immediately.

The second remaining achievement popped when I cleared a total of 15,000 Tetrises on Jan 25. The requisite badge and achievement again popped up immediately.

The last achievement is ridiculous. I had to get a 20 combo (which is nuts hard) and clear a total of 100,000 lines in online play (which is an INSANE grind). I got the 20 combo on Feb 1 (the badge popped immediately when I finally did it) and have been
    grinding lines in online play like a madman for what seems like an eternity. I completed the 100k lines badge (it popped up on the screen notifying me), but, of course, the associated final achievement didn't pop.

So now the game shows me as having completed all 12 achievements and all 36 badges:http://i.imgur.com/dhc0o2F.png

But the achievement never popped.

Here's where it gets screwy. When I look in the game hub, things are out of sync with the in-game stats. In-game stats show me at ~131k total lines, while the game hub shows only ~116k:

http://i.imgur.com/Ed0C8Hz.png3

http://i.imgur.com/YHTesU5.jpg

It's been a few days since I completed the final badge for the achievement and the game hub will not sync up my total lines with the game, which may or may not even matter. If I play on a 2nd profile, achievements will pop and the game hub will update total
    lines for that profile immediately.

I've tried removing my profile and re-downloading it, deleting and reinstalling the game, deleting the local save file, playing various modes briefly to see if that will trigger something, and nothing happens. I called Xbox support and got nowhere, as I
    expected (they told me to wait after very basic troubleshooting). I submitted a ticket to ubisoft support. I don't know what else to do other than deleting my save data completely and spending hundreds and hundreds of hours completing the achievement again,
    which is not even a realistic option. And even if I was willing to grind another 75 or so hours in online mode for the 100k lines, I could honestly play for another hundred or more hours trying for the 20 combo and not get it. It requires a ton of luck. Even
    though I'm an obsessive completionist, this is simply too much. Especially considering I could go through all that effort and get *** again. I'd rather walk away, abandon xbox altogether (9 years of games, tens of thousands of hours completing 182/187 games,
    etc), and start anew on PS4 (as dramatic as that sounds).

I don't know what else to do. This doesn't seem like "just wait and it'll sort itself out" issue like some people have with achievements because of the way things are out of sync. I worked so hard to complete this game and the prospect of never getting the
    achievement is heartbreaking.

:)

vSully, Feb 12, 2016
  2. BradCSB
    BradCSB Guest
    Complex Wall Glitch

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

BradCSB, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Complex Wall Glitch

Anybody with a sane mind can see how it's easy to assume that you've performed this glitch. Your first post was about 343 and not being sure how much they know about this glitch, as if you're going "whew" I can still use it. Then you jump all over me when
    I call out cheaters as noobs. You also say I care way too much about virtual stats. I am just barely over .500 in k/d so it's nothing to write home about. All I care about is a fair game for the money I pay for xbox live. Don't you think it's the cheaters
    that are the ones that take the game too seriously and care so much about stats that they want to get insane k/d ratios just to make it appear that they are that good when they're really not? I'm not a fool for thinking cheating is lame, I just have common
    sense and you're deluding yourself if you think glitchers and cheaters deserve any other status other than losers.

AlmasRetroChild, Feb 12, 2016
  4. CAMMofTHRONES Win User

Complex Wall Glitch

[quote user="AlmasRetroChild"]

Um I am more in awe of someone who is actually a good player than someone who glitches. Only glitchers are offended by my posts.

[/quote]

Kinda hard to miss when they are always the last man standing in flood mode. Everyone instantly sees the person cheating and has to wait for the timer to run out before the game will end.
  5. G3NESYS Win User

Complex Wall Glitch

i think it is *** to cheat, and i don't do it myself. it doesn't really affect me much except when we play oddball. If were playing slayer it's fine bc i guess they can just go sit in the wall and lose, bc chances are we got the lead already anyway...

when they do it on oddball i just jump in it and try to throw a sticky before they hit me with the ball. I've only got someone once though. And some glitches may take "skill" to do but the one on complex def. doesn't. You jump-squat, just like you do
    when trying to get on something slightly taller than how high you can jump

EDIT: I said G^^A^^Y where it edited me. This political correctness crap is getting really old.
  6. Ranger Oz Win User

Complex Wall Glitch

You know, I started out this forum simply to bring something to everyone's attention which I thought was unfair, regardless of whether you can actually go in and kill them or not. Reason being, not EVERYONE knows how to go in after them for the simply fact
    that they just play the game for fun, so they don't care to waste time looking up how. But is it fair that simply because they don't feel like wasting their play time trying to figure out how to kill some douche due to his cheating in a match? And yes I do
    consider the use of glitches in a match cheating, as it is the use of a method not originally intended to be there for personal gain, i.e. not dying.

Instead all that has come from this forum, with few exceptions, is a whole load of people wasting time crying and complaining over one another. As far as I'm concerned, all of you that try to play the "maturity card" dropped the ball, since you even involved
    yourself with that crap in the first place in an argumentative way. Secondly, Almas yes, glitching is bad to a certain degree. Simply exploring a glitch is fine, but should not be done online when you know people won't be able to get to you and thus prolonging
    the game, making it boring to play any longer. I won't even address the whole "noob" fiasco you guys had going on, since I would like to see it die, but seriously guys? Its a word. Get over it. It only becomes offensive if you choose for it to be so.

Lastly I would like to thank those of you who actually replied with a decent answer of how to combat this glitch, and those of you supporting its fix. Happy gaming guys.
  7. AlmasRetroChild Win User

Complex Wall Glitch

You're saying glitching shouldn't affect my fun playing online. When I played FEAR in the past I knew of glitch spots that eventually got patched...went inside...checked it out and thought it was neat but It never crossed my mind to exploit it in a ranked
    match. There's a difference.
  8. AlmasRetroChild Win User

Complex Wall Glitch

I know that it's never going to stop but that doesn't mean it's going to change my viewpoint on glitchers that can't man up and accept futile stats. Those kind of kids and even grown ups never had a coach or a parent pull them aside and teach them cheating
    is a major character flaw.
Thema:

1. Complex achievement glitch - Similar Threads - Complex achievement glitch

2. Wanting to play Shadow Complex Remastered in PC but received MSVCR110.dll missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Wanting to play Shadow Complex Remastered in PC but received MSVCR110.dll missing: I want to play Shadow Complex Remastered in PC but received MSVCR110.dll missing, despite the fact that I already installed it multiple times. Any ideas? My System Information (using laptop):...
  3. Complex question, Game sharing and parental controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Complex question, Game sharing and parental controls: Hoping someone can answer this. My son has just bought an xbox series X. I would like to buy an xbox too to occasionally play games, but mostly for streaming. As I won't be using it that...
  4. 2 xboxes one person - 2 houses - 2 accounts transfer to one. Complex.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 xboxes one person - 2 houses - 2 accounts transfer to one. Complex.: My Son has an Xbox at his house with his mum - I live in a separate house if we buy another console - another Xbox one - Can he sign out there and sign in here and get access to Xbox live with...
  5. Complex of issues with XBOX PC Gamepass (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Complex of issues with XBOX PC Gamepass (Beta): > Losing savegames in my games, which is indescribably bad experience using platform, that demands monthly subscription payment. Games so far: Blair Witch, Pillars of Eternity > "Alt-Tab" problem...
  6. Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...

in XboX Insiders
    Here's an real world example of why the new layout of "My Games & Apps" is more complex...: I got the 2 GWG games from my browser, and wanted to install them today on my Xbox (which has auto-install on, but it's not working all the time, plus 360 games won't auto-install anyway)....
  7. What's the most complex character you've ever seen in a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the most complex character you've ever seen in a game: I enjoyed playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Her personality and problems really made you root for her. 789b98fe-1a77-4557-9ed7-39339310570d
  8. the problem is complex but i will try to explain.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    the problem is complex but i will try to explain.: so on 15 september you started a giveaway about forza and i tried to enter it but an error prevented me from doing it so i went to the xbox support they checked all was ok and after a lot of time...
  9. XBOX Live account profile issue (complex?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live account profile issue (complex?): Hi, I have a little problem with my Live account, here's the lowdown.. I got my Live account a few years ago when I got my first 360, I gradually started to let my then young son play on certain...
  10. Complex External Hard Drive Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Complex External Hard Drive Issue: So I've had my external in use with my Xbox one for a few months. Everything has been working fine up until tonight. When I go to My Games & Apps, I cannot see the device. Everything on it is...