Compatibility between Horizon 2 on 360 and XBO ONE

Discus and support Compatibility between Horizon 2 on 360 and XBO ONE in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As I still am running Horizon 2 on the Xbox360 and friends have moved to Xbox ONE, I would still like to free roam with them, but am unable to send... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kevin Orifice, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Compatibility between Horizon 2 on 360 and XBO ONE

As I still am running Horizon 2 on the Xbox360 and friends have moved to Xbox ONE, I would still like to free roam with them, but am unable to send invites to or receive invites from them to play.

Is there an incompatibility between the 2 platforms that do not allow playing cross platform?

It would really be nice to continue playing with friends again.

Kind regards

David Orifice

:)

Kevin Orifice, Jun 19, 2017
  2. Elite Effect
    Elite Effect Guest
    Release Calendar - September

September's "Games with Gold" offering:

Xbox One - Earthlock: Festival of Magic (Throughout the month)

Xbox One - Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (September 16th - October 15th)

Xbox 360 - Forza Horizon (1st - 15th)

Xbox 360 - Mirror's Edge (16th - 30th)

-

Retail Release - Green

Xbox Live Arcade - Orange

Game Add-on - Red

Kinect-only Title - Purple

Digital - Blue

-

Earthlock: Festival of Magic (XBO) - September 1st

Just Sing (XBO) - September 6th

Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas (XBO) - September 7th

Bioshock: The Collection (XBO) - September 13th

Dead Rising (XBO) - September 13th

Dead Rising 2 (XBO) - September 13th

Dead Rising Triple Pack (XBO) - September 13th

NASCAR Heat Evolution (XBO) - September 13th

NHL 17 (XBO) - September 13th

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (XBO) - September 13th

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 (XBO) - September 13th

ReCore (XBO) - September 13th

The Witness (XBO) - September 13th

The Bunker (XBO) - September 14th

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition (XBO) - September 20th

NBA 2K17 (XBO, X360) - September 20th

Virginia (XBO) - September 22nd

FIFA 17 (XBO, X360) - September 27th

Forza Horizon 3 (XBO) - September 27th

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (XBO, X360) - September 27th

XCOM 2 (XBO) - September 27th

Elite Effect, Jun 19, 2017
  3. The Xbox One Controller - Is yours kinda flimsy?

I don't really mind the differences between the 360 controller and the XBO...But, as others have pointed out, the XBO controller pieces noticably compress when squeezed. It makes it feel a bit flimsy. Overall, I would take the 360 controller over this one.
    But, either one is still good.

oShift2o Vet78, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Compatibility between Horizon 2 on 360 and XBO ONE

Hello there.

Unfortunately, yes, the two versions are incompatible and do not support cross-platform multiplayer. Since the Xbox One version I believe has things like Weather, Drivatars, The size of the map (On Xbox One, the map is more open compare to the 360, where
    a lot of the map is walled off), more cars on the Xbox One version, the levelling system, and a few other things. So as you can imagine, playing between the two makes cross platform play pretty much impossible. AR12 gaming did a great comparison video between
    the two that you can see here:

It's also not a backward compatible title as of yet, so they can't play the 360 version on the Xbox One. I'm afraid you'll have to get yourself an Xbox One or convince your friends to play on the Xbox 360.

Plus on the Xbox One you have Forza Horizon 3, as well as Forza Horizon 2 and you can even play the first Forza Horizon on there.

Sorry to be the barer of not-so-good news.

Skeeter Quill, Aug 14, 2017
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

Hello there.

Unfortunately, yes, the two versions are incompatible and do not support cross-platform multiplayer. Since the Xbox One version I believe has things like Weather, Drivatars, The size of the map (On Xbox One, the map is more open compare to the 360, where
    a lot of the map is walled off), more cars on the Xbox One version, the levelling system, and a few other things. So as you can imagine, playing between the two makes cross platform play pretty much impossible. AR12 gaming did a great comparison video between
    the two that you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5PGxBS6fk

It's also not a backward compatible title as of yet, so they can't play the 360 version on the Xbox One. I'm afraid you'll have to get yourself an Xbox One or convince your friends to play on the Xbox 360.

Plus on the Xbox One you have Forza Horizon 3, as well as Forza Horizon 2 and you can even play the first Forza Horizon on there.

Sorry to be the barer of not-so-good news.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Transfer of Games Xbox 360 a la one

The Xbox 360 version of Forza Horizon 2 is not backward compatible, so will not work on the Xbox One. If you want to play Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox One, you will need to pay for the game again.
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

Forza Horizon 2 With Xbox Live Gold (ONLY XBOX ONE?)

Hi, they are essentially different games. The One version of Forza Horizon 2 will not work on the 360 and vice versa. The original Forza Horizons is backwards compatible though.
  8. Smwutches Win User

Is forza horizon 2 the same game for xb360 and xb1?

Each version is a little different. Horizon 2 is not backwards compatible so the 360 version won't work on the One.
  9. oShift2o Vet78 Win User

The Xbox One Controller - Is yours kinda flimsy?

I don't really mind the differences between the 360 controller and the XBO...But, as others have pointed out, the XBO controller pieces noticably compress when squeezed. It makes it feel a bit flimsy. Overall, I would take the 360 controller over this one.
    But, either one is still good.
Thema:

1. Compatibility between Horizon 2 on 360 and XBO ONE - Similar Threads - Compatibility between Horizon

2. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  3. Is cars race o rama backwards compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is cars race o rama backwards compatible: Hi there just wanted to ask a quick question about if cars race o rama is backwards compatible with xbox one f4ce33cd-fe00-4111-8bd2-353489c3ca0d
  4. Forza Backwards Compatible

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Backwards Compatible: Is there any chance that the older forza games are gonna be backwards compatible? I really want to play them on the series X 240bf7f5-9575-471b-ad4e-9f6d84d6987a
  5. Xbox One - Backwards compatibility issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Backwards compatibility issue: I have been playing Sacred 3 for several weeks now on my Xbox One, but today I am unable to continue playing. At first, it wouldn't recognize that I was online and signed into Live. I followed...
  6. Xbox 360 disc in Xbox one is it compatible?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 disc in Xbox one is it compatible?: So I bought a Xbox 360 game to play it but I have a Xbox One I searched up if the disc would work with my game and the results kept saying backwards capability and I don't know if that's a app or...
  7. Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friday the 13: The Game no longer backwards compatible?: I have Friday the 13th the Game on disc, and even though the disc can be read and played fine in my Xbox One, my Series X will not recognize the disc no matter how many times I perform a power...
  8. Is minecraft story mode backwards compatible with xbox one?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is minecraft story mode backwards compatible with xbox one?: I've wanted to play minecraft story mode for a long time and the prices for the complete edition is expensive and my cousin gave me his old copy and wondering if it will work?...
  9. Is the T-wolf tf400 keyboard and mouse compatible with the Xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the T-wolf tf400 keyboard and mouse compatible with the Xbox one s?: Want to buy a wired keyboard and mouse for my Xbox one s. Is the T-wolf tf400 compatible? 9f8ed73d-b871-4f06-9034-0b3e3315aeb5
  10. Any xbox compatible 8 bit stick resolution controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any xbox compatible 8 bit stick resolution controllers?: “Hi there, I have come from a playstation for the last year and ive noticed that my aim is far better and feels m8uch smoother on playstation. I now know why this is, it is because xbox...