Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor

Discus and support Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can somebody please help me regarding Dolby Digital sound output from the Xbox one and HDMI splitters. I recently purchased a HDMI splitter 1-4, to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheAntiChristoO, May 21, 2017.

1. Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor

Can somebody please help me regarding Dolby Digital sound output from the Xbox one and HDMI splitters.

I recently purchased a HDMI splitter 1-4, to connect the Xbox to my PC monitor as well as my tv.

Setup as so:

Xbox HDMI output to splitter.

Splitter HDMI output 1 to TV HDMI 4

Splitter HDMI output 2 to monitor.

TV HDMI 1 ARC to AV receiver.

But how ever, when I connect my monitor up I loose Dolby output from the Xbox, due to the EDID from the splitter detecting my monitor does not process Dolby. As soon as I disconnect the HDMI lead from monitor I get Dolby output. So basically the splitter
    detects what the lowest denominator and switches it's self to that. That is what EDID is for, software to detect device capabilities.

I was told I need to find a gaming monitor that is able to process Dolby Digital. But I have never seen a PC gaming monitor that processes Dolby Digital. That is usually dealt by the sound card on your PC.

Has anyone had a similar setup and had the same issue. What did you do to solve it?

Has anyone seen a 4k gaming monitor that is able to process Dolby Digital, if so please paste links in reply.

Yes my Goronya 1-4 HDMI was Dolby compatible.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EH99DMU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

see link above

:)

TheAntiChristoO, May 21, 2017
  2. Dual Display on Xbox One X

I am wondering if any one is using dual screen setup on their XOX. Did you have any issues.

I have a Acer Predator 4k monitor, PC connected via DP.

XOX connected via HDMI via 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter.

XOX also connected to LG 1080p plasma tv.

sometimes on XOX boot up the display on monitor keeps flickering on and off. until I reset splitter.

TV is fine

Has anyone got a similar setup and what HDMI splitter do you use.

TheAntiChristoO, May 22, 2017
  3. Speaker Solution NEEDED!

Headphone output on Pc Monitor? think never personally seen one without one and this can easily be connected to usual phono inputs on pretty much any basic speaker system. I have recently done this as I have split my xbox 360 using a HDMI splitter so it
    I can play in my living room or my bedroom (With a very long HDMI cable) my living room has big screen hdmi surround sound but my bedroom just has the HDMI going to pc monitor (With pc attached) and then phono out from monitor to my Hercules stereo speakers
    (Sound is great on both systems).

xXI Exige IXx, May 22, 2017
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Using Xbox for streaming while playing on pc

technically you could, if you use the hdmi in for the xbox one and one s, the experience is not going to be the best.

you could plug the pc hdmi into the in port on the xbox or use a splitter and have the pc go to a monitor and the xbox but you will be limited to 1080p technically.
  5. Parker Leon 06 Win User

4k????

No, but I do have an HDMI splitter that the the XBOX is plugged into before reaching the monitor
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Dual Monitors Xbox One

HDMI, unlike DisplayPort, does not have the ability to send two different display streams through the same
    cable, so there is no device you can connect to an HDMI port that will provide you with that capability. The splitter, as the name implies, will just send the same signal to multiple
    monitors

For example, from Amazon ($21):

4K@60Hz HDMI Splitter, avedio links HDMI Splitter 1 in 2 Out, HDMI2.0b Splitter for Dual Monitors, Support 3840x2160@60Hz, HDCP2.2, RGB 4:4:4, 18.5Gbps, Auto Scaling, Full HD 1080P 3D
  7. Darrin Cloud Win User

A bit of a complicated problem

Best Buy does carry a '3 in 1 out' HDMI splitter (eForCity - 3 Port High Speed HDMI Switcher Splitter Switch for HDTV 1080p)

Normally the HDMI signal takes video and audio, not sure why you still must use the 3.5mm unless the HDMI to DVI drops the audio signal.

If this doesn't work, there are other splitter type devices out there that will let you connect computers/consoles up to a single monitor. Belkin has a few button type splitters that will work as well.

What kind of monitor are you using? Sounds like the manufacturer didn't want anyone gaming on it.
  8. R1CH5TER Win User

4k????

No, but I do have an HDMI splitter that the XBOX is plugged into prior to reaching the monitor. Could this make a difference?
    It will be the splitter thats the issue if I doesn't support 4K, if your not sure connect the xbox directly to the monitor, if you then get 4K enabled you know its the splitter preventing you getting 4K
Thema:

Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor

1. Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor - Similar Threads - Compatibale HDMI splitter

2. HDMI cec no longer works after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI cec no longer works after latest update: The latest update has completely broken the hdmi cec function on my series x. Pressing the home button on the remote no longer changes the input. I’ve checked all settings and done everything I...
  3. Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...: Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?...
  4. How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    How easily does a hdmi Port break on an xbox series x: I go to my dads on a Thursday and Sunday and take my xbox series X which obviously has a hdmi port, the port has broke twice over the past 2 years because of this because i forgot to take the hdmi...
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  7. What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What’s the best way to connect my series X to my monitor that doesn’t have HDMI?: I recently purchased a Samsung G85SB gaming monitor. Only after being delivered did I realize it doesn’t have an HDMI port only mini DP, a micro hdmi and a type c input. I could buy adapters to...
  8. broken HDMI on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    broken HDMI on Xbox One X: I have a white Xbox one x limited edition that my mother's ex gave me (like 2 or 3 years ago) since they didn't want it but the HDMI port on it is broken and the only thing I was given was a...
  9. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  10. Free games of the month backwards compatibal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free games of the month backwards compatibal: So i got xbox live and this month assassins creed 3 is free on xbox one but i am not able to download the game because i dont have an active paymant ( like adding ure creditcard to xbox ) why is...