Community FAQ: Experiences with recording on Xbox Consoles

Discus and support Community FAQ: Experiences with recording on Xbox Consoles in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Many of you already know that this year the Xbox Series consoles have serious recording problems. So I would like to be able to gather our experience... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Blackgemlord, Sep 19, 2024 at 1:52 PM.

1. Community FAQ: Experiences with recording on Xbox Consoles

Many of you already know that this year the Xbox Series consoles have serious recording problems.

So I would like to be able to gather our experience to see if we can help the devs find some common ground or possible solution.

Also, it is almost impossible to review each independent post and each of the Insiders versions.

For this reason I will put here a brief summary (if you want the long part there are topics spread across communities and hundreds and hundreds of messages) and so share your impressions in this very place.

• Stable version
      • Recordings are randomly corrupted without warning since approximately April 2024.
    • Insiders version (that I am currently aware of):
      • Recording on internal storage:
        • 4K 2min
        • 1080p 4min
        • 720p 10min.
      • Recording on external storage:
        • 1h in any resolution. Recordings usually do not get corrupted but they abruptly stop recording after a few minutes (sometimes seconds).
    • Previous Insider versions (September 2024):
      • Recordings stopped getting corrupted but recording randomly stops.
      • Added a notification warning about recording stop due to low speed, to the point where the recording stops even after a few seconds (but at least we know that it has stopped recording).
      • The system interface freezes, shows incorrect time and even prevents its correct operation (there may also be other factors involved).
      • Errors cannot be reported properly since the reporting tools depend on the capture and recording application to perform these tasks (you must turn off the console completely to be able to report correctly later).
    • Questions
      • We don't know what the minimum speed required for recording is that it says is required for recording (it may come out with a disc).
      • I don't know if using an expansion card you can reach the recording time.
      • We don't know if using the fastest device on the market that can go through USB 3.1 the console continues to say that it is slow.

When commenting on your experience, try to be as specific as possible with your console, ring, hardware and the problem that triggers everything. The first thing that happens after a clean start of the console. Leave it completely off for a minute (keep the power button off for a few seconds until it turns off) and then turn it on.

Please, if something works well for you, comment on it, to see if some of us can get a proper diagnosis or some workaround to continue recording or stop having problems.

You will also help if you have the problem if you report it on the console (although they know about it, but to give it priority they require receiving internal reports) as well as on the web.

On the console there is an Experiences section on the console, GAMEDVR (which is the recording system) and you can also write from your mobile after scanning a QR code that will appear on the screen. On the website https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status you can also report on "Sharing & boradcasting" since you won't be able to "recording game clips" or "managing captures".

My example:

• Xbox Series X. Beta Ring since August.
    • SSD 3.0 400MB/s+.
    • After a few seconds or minutes of starting recording, a notification appears that I don't have enough recording speed even with the console at 720p, before April I could record 4K for an hour without any problems.
    • If I don't have a hard drive connected, the problem doesn't occur since it doesn't allow recording more than 2 minutes in 4K.
    submitted by /u/Blackgemlord
    [link] [comments]

/u/Blackgemlord, Sep 19, 2024 at 1:52 PM
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Community FAQ: Experiences with recording on Xbox Consoles